How many times do you girls get your nails done in a month?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 2 professional manicures in my whole life, and no pedicures. I prefer to do my own nails.

I have a manicure every 4-6 weeks.

I paint them myself at home in between of course, but I find having my cuticles and nails tidied up and a bit of a hand massage makes them looks so much better.

Also it seems to help my nails grow - I assume that's something to do with the cuticles??

I do them myself. My hands I do every week and my toes usually every week too, maybe longer, but ever since I got a trauma in my left big toe my nail fell off and it's now growing with a bump. I'll wait till the bump grows out and then I'll do my toes. They won't look pretty if I do them now and I'm mad at them haha. I haven't done them in months!

In the summer, I get pedicure every 3 weeks. If I have acrylics on I get them filled every 2 weeks, right now I don't have them on but I am ready to go and do them again.

In the winter, I still get pedicure's but not as often about every 2 months.

once in two months professionally..........and at home ..anytime i feel like.

i'd like to have my nails done, but i never did. i do mine myself, and depending on the quality of the nailpolish, it's once or twice per week.

i can do it myself and i have bought what a mmanicure needs..it's so simple.and i have had professional manicure twice in my life..

I prefer no nail polish to chipped nail polish so I hardly ever get my nails done... only as a special pampering treat or for a special occasion.

I usually just keep mine nicely shaped and moisturised in between getting it done. It's more of a luxury than a neccessity in my opinion

I wish I could do beautiful nails-but I have to go and pay for a manicure every 2 weeks and in the summer I get a pedicure once a month. That's a luxery and it feels so good.

I go for a professional manicure about every three-four months, try to upkeep myself in between. Pedicures, I have one during the winter, and two during the summer, do my own upkeep in between.

lol at all the post, theres more to a pedicure than painting your toes, they file, clip and push the cuticle back and they get the dead skin off yor feet..

then they massage your feet and some salons have the massage chairs that you sit in during the pedicure.. its very relaxing i love to have someone do that for me, the only thing i dont let them do is clip my toe nails cause once someone clip them too short and my toenail got ingrown.. i really want to start going every couple of weeks, as far as my nails the reason i dont get them done is they grow so fast that i would need a fill every week.

Well I've only gotten them done once, and that was for my birthday last year. But as soon as I have enough money I would like to get them done at least every month.

I do it myself, usually get my nails every week

and my toes done every two or three weeks.

I used to do the same. Hand massages felt really great but now the woman that did it moved on to another field of interest. So I need to find someone else.

Babyangel.

I've had no pedicures, and 3 manicures in my whole life. I think one of the manicures,I won some sort of bet, that's why I got it (it was a LONG time ago, can't remember who lost) and the second one, one of my sisters felt sorry for me just in a general, overall way,which made me feel worse, so that the manicurist asked me if I was "very unhappy" that day. The third one my mother bought me because it was a 2 for 1 deal, or something. The manicurist made odd accusations to/at my hands and nails,(called them weak and broken) which I somehow took as personal character defects. This left me feeling defeated rather than motivated to change.

I would say I like to take care of my own nails if I did, but I just do it out of duty and good hygeine,nothing more.I rarely feel festive enough to paint them

,so I suppose I look like a rather dull,conforming and neutral person with no tangible opinions--if anyone is actually lookking that closely at me, much less at my hands. :smile:

Back