How many would like a Mature Woman forum?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It seems as though many are interested in another forum ..For Mature Women ..over 30 ..over 40 ..whatever.

I'll post this poll and in you reply please state your concerns, pros/cons and starting age ..Like Women over 30 ...or 40 ..etc.

I'm not really for it nor against it so I just voted maybe.

I agree with Kim's pros and cons so I don't really have anything else to add.

Originally Posted by Naturally I'll start with my Maybe ..to me it doesn't matter.
Pros - we have different needs and easier to address them in a different forum

Cons - already cluttered with many forums - don't use too many things different than a younger gal.

What age to start this ...40 would probably be good ..but could be started at any.

Ditto! I voted no, but it really doesn't matter either way.

Hi, i voted Yes, obviously.
icon_wink.gif
Oh and it matter's A LOT to me!

I think it would be a good idea for the women over 40. I myself relate to any age group. It may be good for the women that are not immature like myself, haaaaaaaaa!

Oh well it looks like ime loosing according to the poll. Never mind, it was a rubbish idea anyway!

Don't worry Pauline. I think it was a great idea. But if the majority doesn't vote for it, posts dedicated to certain topics that pertain to older women can still be opened.
smile.gif

Pauline, I don't think it was a rubbish idea at all. Don't think that!!!

Originally Posted by Pauline Oh well it looks like ime loosing according to the poll. Never mind, it was a rubbish idea anyway!

It's not a rubbish Idea Pauline. It's neat idea for me to help others

I'm only 26 y.o. But, my sister in-law and my mother always ask about MU or Skincare infos because they know that I read a lot of beauty books and members of MUT lol. But, I don't know about MU or skincare for women over 35 or 40 etc. So it might be a good sources for me to help them when they need any help about MU/SKincare over 35,40 or maybe even 60.

I know that there many of MUT members are over 35 or 40 or even 60 here
smile.gif

Vote if you think it will be helpful for you.

I do like the idea (I am 22 yrs old) however the con is its not terribly needed but it would be nice to have. It seems that any one (of any age/race/gender etc) can post anything they want and would still get a honest response.

I did think of Pros though. It would provide support to our more mature women. Also it would help the younger ones understand what you are experiencing and apply it to a friend or mother or sister that may be in the same situation. Perhaps we could be a sounding board or you could for us (our families/friends).

Regards,

Annia

I don't see why not? We have forums for everything else why not a mature womens forum. I think it would be helpful for women who have specific concerns and can find comfort in speaking with women of their own age.

On another note this would be very specialized and would open up the discussion for other forums like.....Acne-Prone or Teen Skin as an example. I don't think we need a million forums for every concern.

I voted Yes though!

Originally Posted by Pauline Oh well it looks like ime loosing according to the poll. Never mind, it was a rubbish idea anyway! What would you say its a rubbish idea Pauline?

Hi Kim:

I think it is a wonderful idea to have a "mature women" forum.
claps.gif
I have been coming here for a LONG time but never posted until this week....shame on ME!
icon_redface.gif
I now know that everyone is SOOO friendly here. I have gotten SO many wonderful tips here. BUT, some of them are not as suited for my age (62) because a lot of the girls/women are much younger than me. If there was a 'mature women' forum, it may encourage more 'older' women like me to post things more suited to their skin, age, etc.

GREAT idea!!
icon_idea.gif

Shirley from Illinois
icon_biggrin.gif

833-Shirley-1.JPG

Thanks for the compliment Kim!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I read your notebook where you said you're always looking for quality products and you believe we can turn back the clock. You are SO right. I'm going to give you a tip......go to drugstore.com and in the search box, type Zia. It will bring up all the Zia products AND if you look to the right under "Sort by", click on "Customer Rating". You will see ALL those FIVE star reviews. Since I have been using Zia products, I can't BELIEVE how this has 'turned the clock back' on my face. It is AMAZING!!!
claps.gif
Take a look.......but then, you may already know this.

Thanks for the welcome!! I love it here.....SO many nice ladies that make you feel at home here.

Shirley from Illinois
icon_biggrin.gif

sounds like a great idea to me kim. we do have some specific issues and needs. i think it could be very informative. i'm all for it!

Originally Posted by Naturally I'll start with my Maybe ..to me it doesn't matter.
Pros - we have different needs and easier to address them in a different forum

Cons - already cluttered with many forums - don't use too many things different than a younger gal.

What age to start this ...40 would probably be good ..but could be started at any.

Not that I don't want to support the fabulous mature women on the forums, but I'm worried that a mature forum would cause a division on the forums.

I'm good with whatever the members decide! It's YOUR site guys... tell us what you want!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

And Welcome Shirley!!! I'm Janelle from NY - nice to meet you!!
smile.gif

and I agree with Kim... I saw 62 and your picture and I was sure it was a typo!! You look AMAZING!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back