How many would like a Mature Woman forum?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by petite syrah I think it is a fine idea but will be happy no matter how the vote goes. Same here.

Hi,

I've never posted on this forum before but have visted it before I am 59 and do take care of my skin...Like many women in my age group we like to try all kind of makeup and learn newideas--we aren't dead yet..so we are open to new ideas and I just love to see what you all think is good..I do use Clinique, Mary Kay etc...I wash my face with cetaphil and love it. I am open to any new ideas makeup trends. Last year I bought a new Lancomb makeup brush and love it don't know how the heck I lived without it before. Like my peers we like to try new shades and don't want to look like clowns or that we are trying to be 16 again..Nothing wrong with that but been there and done that.
claps.gif
Believe you me we can learn alot about makeup from our 16 year olds so this isn't a put down... I think a forum for all of us and in all ages groups would be wonderful...I'll still visit and learn even if it doesn't happen.
icon_confused.gif

Thank you Janelle for the very nice compliment. That is always nice to hear someone say. It's very nice to meet you too!! NOW.......to the "Mature Women's Forum" thing. Now that I have read more of the other opinions posted, I'm not so sure about dividing up the ages. I think it would be good to get ideas from other women closer to my age.........like what they use to fend of wrinkles, what makeup is good (foundation for example) to use for 'maturing' skin as opposed to what someone in their 20's would be using......but I am now also wondering if it would be TOO much of a dividing up. I got a lot of good ideas from all you 'younger gals' here and have learned a LOT. In fact, I was SOOOO pleased to learn about 'tightlining'. I had never heard of it and tried to line my eyes the way I used to do it. But, at my age, it didn't look as good, so I stopped. NOW I learned to 'tightline' here and my eyes looked GREAT. Also, when I look down, there isn't that awful visible line on my eyelids that can smudge off......AND it stayed on ALL day.....WOW!!

Now I'm looking forward to trying the 'smoky eyes' thing I learned here AND seeing all the pictures posted after "Smoky Eyes Sunday" to see how the girls look. And........all of this is from MUCH younger girls.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I now have mixed feelings about having a separate place for just "Mature Women" like myself. Maybe if we ALL could remember when we post to remember to put our AGE in with the post so everyone could see who is using what at what age. (hmmmm.....did that make sense?) But......I think you know what I mean. I wish more would post so I could make up my mind. I think I would like it, but would STILL go see what the younger gals are doing. They're all pretty 'smart cookies' with this makeup stuff.

Now.......can you BE more confused as to what to do? Sorry about that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by martiejen Hi,I've never posted on this forum before but have visted it before I am 59 and do take care of my skin...Like many women in my age group we like to try all kind of makeup and learn newideas--we aren't dead yet..so we are open to new ideas and I just love to see what you all think is good..I do use Clinique, Mary Kay etc...I wash my face with cetaphil and love it. I am open to any new ideas makeup trends. Last year I bought a new Lancomb makeup brush and love it don't know how the heck I lived without it before. Like my peers we like to try new shades and don't want to look like clowns or that we are trying to be 16 again..Nothing wrong with that but been there and done that.
claps.gif
Believe you me we can learn alot about makeup from our 16 year olds so this isn't a put down... I think a forum for all of us and in all ages groups would be wonderful...I'll still visit and learn even if it doesn't happen.
icon_confused.gif

Hi: I too am in my 50's and love makeup. I love to add just a bit of sparkle or brightener to my cheeks and tip of nose & forhead. It gives you a glow. I purchased Laura Geller Bronze & Brightener from QVC and like it . It does give your face a subtle glow. It comes with a brush and can be applied to eyelids as well. Just brush it on over foundation or even without foundation it looks good. It is $28.00, comes in a compact with a brush. I used to sell MaryKay Cosmetics, but to be honest, I thought it was just ok for the money. I had alot of people tell me they thought it was overpriced at the time, although many people who did not care for the costmetics, did love the shampoo. I just remembered...MaryKay had a concealer that was excellent...forgot the name but it was yellow and could be purchased either in cream form or liquid. Have you tried it?

Oh what a lovely surprise, Thanks ladies, everyone for your encouraging words.I apologise for saying it was a rubbish idea.Sorry. I think i was upset as i thought this idea would have been welcomed and i expected a lot more support from more memeber's. However i am touched that people think my idea was good and ime happy for the support from you all.

Laura, you asked why i thought it was a rubbish idea. You yourself suggested the forum for older women night cause a divide. I was hoping for a more optimist attitude. However i was lucky enough to find somewhere i can go to disguss things with women my age and beyond
smile.gif

Yeah i do think it might cause a divide but i disagree that its a rubbish idea. How can it be a rubbish idea if 18 people want it?? Were you just saying it was rubbish because at the time not many people had voted yes for it? I dont understand what you mean about having a more optimist attitude?? Can you elaborate?

Originally Posted by godfreygirl Thank you Janelle for the very nice compliment. That is always nice to hear someone say. It's very nice to meet you too!! NOW.......to the "Mature Women's Forum" thing. Now that I have read more of the other opinions posted, I'm not so sure about dividing up the ages. I think it would be good to get ideas from other women closer to my age.........like what they use to fend of wrinkles, what makeup is good (foundation for example) to use for 'maturing' skin as opposed to what someone in their 20's would be using......but I am now also wondering if it would be TOO much of a dividing up. I got a lot of good ideas from all you 'younger gals' here and have learned a LOT. In fact, I was SOOOO pleased to learn about 'tightlining'. I had never heard of it and tried to line my eyes the way I used to do it. But, at my age, it didn't look as good, so I stopped. NOW I learned to 'tightline' here and my eyes looked GREAT. Also, when I look down, there isn't that awful visible line on my eyelids that can smudge off......AND it stayed on ALL day.....WOW!!
Now I'm looking forward to trying the 'smoky eyes' thing I learned here AND seeing all the pictures posted after "Smoky Eyes Sunday" to see how the girls look. And........all of this is from MUCH younger girls.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that I now have mixed feelings about having a separate place for just "Mature Women" like myself. Maybe if we ALL could remember when we post to remember to put our AGE in with the post so everyone could see who is using what at what age. (hmmmm.....did that make sense?) But......I think you know what I mean. I wish more would post so I could make up my mind. I think I would like it, but would STILL go see what the younger gals are doing. They're all pretty 'smart cookies' with this makeup stuff.

Now.......can you BE more confused as to what to do? Sorry about that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi:

Please let me know what tightlining is. I am curious. Thanks. May-be I will do it too.

Petite Syrah

Yeah i do think it might cause a divide but i disagree that its a rubbish idea. How can it be a rubbish idea if 18 people want it?? Were you just saying it was rubbish because at the time not many people had voted yes for it? I dont understand what you mean about having a more optimist attitude?? Can you elaborate?[/quot

Yes Laura, i can elaborate, you yourself were the first person to suggest that the forum would cause a divide.,that's not exaclty optimisitc is it? The reason i said it was a rubbish idea was because of your comment and also the fact that there are is another thread with 62 reply;s from women over 30. ALSO, i was rather hoping that my idea would have been more welcomed.Hope that clarifies things for you.

ps, Welcome to our new member's
smile.gif

I'm not the only person on here that thinks it will cause a divide.. I dont like the idea of it for those reasons but so what? 18 other people have WELCOMED your idea. I'm only 1 person on a site that has thousands of members.

Originally Posted by petite syrah Hi:
Please let me know what tightlining is. I am curious. Thanks. May-be I will do it too.

Petite Syrah

Here's a link to the tightlining thread Gail!

everyone is allowed and entitled to an opionion Laura,but you did ask why i felt the way i did.

Fair enough.. I just didnt understand why you would say its a rubbish idea when a day earlier you suggested the forum. KWIM?
smile.gif

Like ive just told you Laura, i thought it was a great idea until you dampened my enthusiasim as soon as ide made the thread,. I know it was a great idea generally but maybe just not here for MuT.

Well i'm sorry that you feel i dampened your enthusiasm Pauline. I didnt mean to upset you in anyway

Originally Posted by Naturally I'll start with my Maybe ..to me it doesn't matter.
Pros - we have different needs and easier to address them in a different forum

Cons - already cluttered with many forums - don't use too many things different than a younger gal.

What age to start this ...40 would probably be good ..but could be started at any.

That's true different ages mean using different kinds of products... Like a whole section for the more mature women? I think that'll be helpful.
wink.gif

hmm...dosn't realy pertain 2 me so i jus voted maybe. But on the other hand tho i wouldnt participate abidly in that forum, would still read it
smile.gif

Back