How much have you spent on your subscriptions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Birchbox - $50

Glossybox - $63

Ipsy -  $10

Love With Food - $13 (yay for Daily Candy deal!)

Julep - $0.01

Beauty Army - $12

Beauty Sage - $25

Beauty Fix - $69

NBTT - $76

PopSugar - $37

Yuzen - $26

Goodies - $7

Sample Society - $48 (for $12 rebate for the magazine)

=====

$436 since June, makes me feel like it's such a waste D:

But I recently started selling samples on eBay per everyone's recommendation and already made back about $30 this month.

Birchbox - $150 (since Aug 2011)

MyGlam/Ipsy - $30 (got Jan/Feb/March and cancelled - Didn't hate it but it just wasn't for me)

Glossybox - $126 (Since June 2012)

Blossom of the Month Club (Belle Blossoms) - $24.98 (Since October 2012/$12.48 a month -- This is a hair accessory subscription)

= $330.98

icon_eek.gif

I will say though, Birchbox and Glossybox did introduce me to some awesome brands I wouldn't have tried on my own, i.e. Vasanti (BB), Carol's Daughter (GB), Shea Terra Organics (GB) and Jouer (BB). I also got some awesome F/S or deluxe-sized products like the Ellis Faas or the Illamasqua nail polish, or the Tarte LipSurgence from the GossipGirl Birchbox. It's definitely a gamble... and seeing that amount on "paper" makes me almost go "WTF?" but then you gotta think of it this way: You (I) spent $150 on Birchbox over the course of 15 months. Sure, you could rather go to Sephora and spend that money on whatever YOU want... but can you afford to just blow $150 in one day? Nope, can't. $10, sure, but that would be a very fast trip to Sephora. I also love BB's point system and placed 3 orders over the course of time buying products solely off of my review points and - if it was available - a promo code. I got a bunch of cool stuff for either nothing or next to nothing! And I only had one referral, so it was all review points, as I said. In retrospect, I guess my "problem" (not really the right word) was that they mostly sent things that were within my budget and I could go out and buy on my own. For me the point of a sub service is still to discover new things. Don't get me wrong, I love getting f/s products from my favorite brands but it just wasn't for me... eh.

I guess if money was tight and I couldn't afford such luxuries I would cancel Glossybox immediately, and maybe consider keeping the other two. I love hair flowers so I'd definitely keep that one at least, haha. For now, I'm keeping all 3 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only have two. Popsugar and now Nature Box. I spend 60.00 ish per month. I quit smoking so I figure I can well afford it vs. a pack a day habit.

Quote: Originally Posted by debilynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I only have two. Popsugar and now Nature Box. I spend 60.00 ish per month. I quit smoking so I figure I can well afford it vs. a pack a day habit.

Good for you! Subscription boxes definitely win out that battle. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm currently subscribed to:

Ipsy $10

Blush Mystery Beauty box $25

Sample Society (new one for me!) $15

Non-beauty subs:

Love with Food $12
Goodies Co $7

Splendies (underwear subscription :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) $12

Was previously subscribed to Glossybox as well.

This looks scary/like fun! I'll bite. I've been doing the box thing since March/April.

Birchbox: $30 (canceled then restarted this month)

Ipsy: $ 60

Wantable: $108

Glossybox: $66 (canceled)

Lip Factory: $24(?) (canceled)

Love With Food:$27

Starlooks: $51

Grand total: $351

I did this same exercise about a month ago and I was at over $750 in only 5 months..I kept just adding and adding. I ended up dropping, Love With Food, BB5, Glossy Box, Blumm, Ophelia's,Conscious Box and Blissmo. Can't give up Ipsy, Yuzen, Pop Sugar, Citrus Lane and Orange Glad. My trip to the mailbox is not quite as fun....I may pick up one more before the end of the year.

I just have Topbox $11.00

And Seasonsbox $20.00 (prepaid yearly).

Might sign up for Test Tube again and the Blush box for 2 months.

Not too sure how much I've spent as I did buy quite a few Blissmo food boxes and a lot of other one time food boxes.
All my food boxes were eaten right away as I sent them to my parents for when I was visiting and there was no grocery store nearby , so it was a very good deal for those foods.

And I've used up over 50% of the items in the cosmetic boxes I did have, so it is not that wasteful.

Also where I am in Canada, the cheap "drugstore brands" are not cheap here.

Maybeline blush, the boncy one is $14, physician formula brand makeup sells for $15-20 per item here.

I don't really want to think of a total number for what I do spend on cosmetic and health stuff as I'm sure that number would scare me...

Birchbox: 5 months + 1 month of 2nd subscription = $60

Ipsy: 5 months = $50

PopSugar: $115

Julep: $40

FabFitFun: $50

Total: $315

A little high for me - I'm going to drop FFF & I've already dropped Julep. I pre-paid for PSMH so my monthly will only be $30 for the next 3 months, then I'll look at cutting back more.

After several months, I finally got rid of Birchbox ($10). To be honest I was marginally pleased with only a few of the boxes I received and I don't think it will get any better. I also ended by Goodies ($7) and Bulu ($12?) subscriptions too, both I felt were a waste for me.

I am not adding any other subscriptions anytime soon, so here is where I am in total spending:

Ipsy- $10/ month
Lip Factory- $22/ month

Bondi- $20/ month Stride Box- $15/ month

Nature Box- $20/ month

Graze- $12/ month ($6 every two weeks, but may change to monthly in Jan)

Total= $99/monthly

I want to cut it down even further, but I can't part with Lip Factor or Nature Box. So I guess I am stuck with $100 per month on subscriptions.

Back