How much tea do you put in your sugar?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm from the south and my family and I make some insanely sweet tea. I use a 3 1/2 liter pitcher and I use anywhere from 2 to 3 cups of sugar each time I make tea. I'm thinking that kinda seems like a lot, so I wanna know just how much sugar you put in your tea? Or like me, how much tea you put in your sugar? lol...

In a large pitcher of sweet tea, I put the sugar in while it's still hot... I don't even measure... I just pour and taste until it tastes right... I also pour in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of lemon juice....

In my hot tea, I generally use honey... BUT if I have to use sugar, then generally about 2-3 TSP since I let it steep for a long time and generally have stronger teas.

your thread reminds me of when someone said to me, "want some coffee with that half and half?" because i LOVE my coffee light! LOL

i put usually 3 sugars in a cup. is that a lot?

oh, and i'm laughing at "sweet tea". we don't call it that here LOL

I *hate* sugar in my tea! I don't know why because I love most anything else sweet (soda and most any kind of dessert), but sweet tea grosses me out! Even with just a little bit of sugar, it just tastes like sugar water to me because I can't taste the tea very well! However, I do love lemon in my tea (both hot tea and ice tea)!
smile.gif

Hubby, meanwhile, is from Tennessee so his family always makes very sweet tea! I just drink water when we visit, lol

No sugar tonight in my coffee, no sugar tonight in my tea........God I hope someone gets that reference hahahha

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif your thread reminds me of when someone said to me, "want some coffee with that half and half?" because i LOVE my coffee light! LOL

I don't think 3 sugars is a lot. I guess it really depends on the blend of coffee and how strong it is. I usually do about 2.
What do y'all call sweet tea? And why in the north do they always serve tea hot? Every restaurant I ever went to in Boston, I always had to specify that I wanted iced tea and not hot tea. It would be like 90 degress outside and they would be serving hot tea. I didn't get it.

Originally Posted by Saja /img/forum/go_quote.gif No sugar tonight in my coffee, no sugar tonight in my tea........God I hope someone gets that reference hahahha I don't get it? lol... I'm a moron...

Originally Posted by girl_geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif I *hate* sugar in my tea! I don't know why because I love most anything else sweet (soda and most any kind of dessert), but sweet tea grosses me out! Even with just a little bit of sugar, it just tastes like sugar water to me because I can't taste the tea very well! However, I do love lemon in my tea (both hot tea and ice tea)!
smile.gif

Hubby, meanwhile, is from Tennessee so his family always makes very sweet tea! I just drink water when we visit, lol

What kind of tea do you use?

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif In a large pitcher of sweet tea, I put the sugar in while it's still hot... I don't even measure... I just pour and taste until it tastes right... I also pour in about 1/4 - 1/2 cup of lemon juice....
In my hot tea, I generally use honey... BUT if I have to use sugar, then generally about 2-3 TSP since I let it steep for a long time and generally have stronger teas.

Do you use fresh lemon juice or the bottled lemon juice? (I learned a new word "steep"
smile.gif
...)

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only tea I drink is hot herbal tea and I don't sweeten it. My brother used to drink herbal tea all the time but I couldn't really get into it. Every time I tried it I'd start to feel really funny. That can't be normal.
frown.gif
But how is herbal tea different from regular tea?

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif your thread reminds me of when someone said to me, "want some coffee with that half and half?" because i LOVE my coffee light! LOL

That sounds like me. I use so much creamer and Splenda with my coffee!I am from the south and was raised on "sweet tea"!

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only tea I drink is hot herbal tea and I don't sweeten it. me too!

my mom side of the family basically drinks sugar with coffee. lol

Nowadays I use no-calorie sweetener in my tea because I try to avoid using too much sugar. However, if I sometimes have to use sugar I use two.

Originally Posted by WhitneyF /img/forum/go_quote.gif What do y'all call sweet tea? And why in the north do they always serve tea hot? Every restaurant I ever went to in Boston, I always had to specify that I wanted iced tea and not hot tea. It would be like 90 degress outside and they would be serving hot tea. I didn't get it. LOL! if you say tea, you automatically get hot tea, no matter where you go up here. we just call "sweet tea" iced tea.

They're messed up here in the North! LMAO! j/k! My grandparents were both originally from SC, so even though I was born in Seattle and my mom was raised there, we have some Southern blood coursing through us LOL!

Whitney, I use bottled lemon juice since I"m too lazy to get real lemons.. But I will put fresh lemon slices in sweet tea when I go somewhere... Virginia is apparently the first state I can hit going south that has SWEET TEA! LOL! Around here it's just called iced tea, and that's without sugar
frown.gif

In Oklahoma we call it sweet tea and if you ask for tea here, its not hot! ..My favorite sweet tea ever comes in a gallon container. It's called Red Diamond Sweet Tea. I love lots of sugar in my tea too, but don't care for lemon as much!

Originally Posted by WhitneyF /img/forum/go_quote.gif What kind of tea do you use? Well, I never make tea for myself at home since it's not really my favorite drink, I only like it sometimes.... growing up, my mom just always made plain iced tea (no sugar), usually Lipton brand. At work I will occasionally make a cup of hot tea with a packet of lemon juice, since we have free tea and coffee in the break room. So it doesn't matter if it's cold or hot, I don't like sugar in any kind of tea! (But I do like lemon in both cold and hot tea, or I will drink it plain!)

If I make it myself it's always hot and we add one or two tablespoons of honey. If I want cold tea I just buy it bottled.

Originally Posted by Little_Lisa /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only tea I drink is hot herbal tea and I don't sweeten it. Ditto. Sometimes I put ice cubes in it...

im from the south to and we love us some sweet ice tea when i make a picture i use 1 and a half cups my husband likes it sweeter but i cant drink it too sweet neither can the kids

Latest posts

Back