How Often Do You Exfoliate?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For certain types, it's certain times of the week.

For dry skin, once a week.

Normal skin, twice.

Combo/Oily, probably 2-3 times.

:) Or if your skin can handle an abrasive scrub, you could try every OTHER day.

I never use abrasive exfoliates. I have pretty much flawless skin. I do use a daily cleanser with microbeads but that's about it.

Originally Posted by Chaeli /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never use abrasive exfoliates. I have pretty much flawless skin. I do use a daily cleanser with microbeads but that's about it. Lucky, you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Haha.

I never exfoliate..i'm blessed with a soft and clear complexion..and i believe if you dont need something dont use it just for the sake of using it..your skin is smart enough to renew itself
smile.gif

I try to aim for the once a week or so timeframe, but I usually forget so... but I am happy with 2-3 times a month. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Modern Friction by Origins. Keeps my skin super smooth and glowing. I no longer wear foundation because I have amazing skin that looks fabulous bare!

I usually exfoliate twice or 3 times a week...but I have recently started doing the oil cleansing method and i hear that gets rid of dead skin cells, so I will probably cut back to once a week soon.

I exfoliate my face about 4 to 5 times a week. My skin is average but my nose gets oily and flaky if I don't exfoliate every day or every other day. Plus I am a clean freak when it comes to my face so I feel dirty if I don't.

Almost every day. I use the oil cleanser by DHC , so I remove it with a warm cloth by Aveda. My skin has never looked better. I have oily skin, and once a week I use skinceuticals w salicilyc acid to get a deep cleanse...

Every day. Baking Soda, has done MIRACLES for my acne scars in less than a month. I know it sounds harsh and crazy but the key is to MOISTERIZE..not with a cheapy silicone moisterizer, but oils are best. I keep Weledas Rose Musquee in my purse and use it everyday. Has rose hip oil which is also good for scars and SERIOUSlY moisterizes.

While baking soda does amazing on the skin, its miracles are short lived. Baking soda is alkaline, so the reason your scars are going away is because the skin gets softer and peels away. Leaving your skin to an alkaline state invites bacterias in. In the long run you want to bring your skin to an acidic level (PH 4.5 to 5.9) to combat bacteria. So you have to use a toner that is acidic, like skinceuticals or just used distilled water mixed to organic vinegar (has worked wonders for my skin).

Originally Posted by seuseu /img/forum/go_quote.gif While baking soda does amazing on the skin, its miracles are short lived. Baking soda is alkaline, so the reason your scars are going away is because the skin gets softer and peels away. Leaving your skin to an alkaline state invites bacterias in. In the long run you want to bring your skin to an acidic level (PH 4.5 to 5.9) to combat bacteria. So you have to use a toner that is acidic, like skinceuticals or just used distilled water mixed to organic vinegar (has worked wonders for my skin). Correct, which is why my afternoon routine is done with my regular cleanser and no exfoliation. My afternoon routine has my face wash, a toner and more moisterizer. My skin is loving it. I am prone to breakouts but nothing for the last months, so bacteria has not been a problem. Thanks for the recs on these other good toners tho, I will check them out.

I use an exfoliating sponge about every other day- sometimes every. I have a soft exfoliating sponge as well I use in between. The exfoliating sponge is an abrasive one, but I've found a trick to keeping my skin balanced. I might have heard about not exfoliating every day a long time ago, but I threw it out the window when I found what works for me, lol. That's all I care about! And I didn't know about Baking Soda and scars??..that is really interesting. What is the regimen? My friend is always complaining about hers..if I can help her....that would be so awesome.
smile.gif

2 or 3 times a week, i have super oily skin, and 2 or 3 times a week is just right, my skin look much better and healthy.

Once a week is enough for me. I used to use Apri, which was crushed apricot pits but I like to use granulated sugar too. I only use it in winter as I found that it attracted the ants.

2-3 times a week, if i remember
smile.gif
. I use Origins microdermabrasion and once I'm done with that I think I will try another brand. Its a little too rough and it stings if I accidentally get it near my eyes (which is almost always since I exfoliate my forehead).

i use clinique every day exfoliater..its not abrasive at all..usually every 2nd day

Back