How often do you wash....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sort of try for a weekly change.....often the change starts on time but not all gets changed at once,.... so the weekly chnage can take two weeks, starting say with the sheet andmoving on past the duvet cover and finally the pillows.

~Samm

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cant and refuse to keep pillows longer than a month (referring to polyfill). Now my down pillows, i keep for about 2-3 months. Sorry if what I do offends you. If I remember correctly, I pay for what I buy with my money.

And I put my trash out in 2 piles, stuff people can use and stuff people cant. They always take the pillows I put out. Its at their own risk. I imagine is disgusting to list them on freecycle.
Yikes, no need to get nasty... like Jackie I've NEVER heard of someone throwing pillows away on a monthly or bi-monthly basis! Something I've never even thought of! Why do you throw them away so quickly?

With pillows its really to each their own. Ive had my feather pillow for 2 years and I bet its kind of gross but it doesnt bother me. I dont have allergies and I always keep it in a pillow case. Unless your buying cheap pillows or you have a lot of extra cash, throwing pillows out often is not a reasonable option for every one. Id say on average you should get a new pillow every year, give or take a few months.

We wash our bedsheets usually every week, but sometimes it becomes every 2 weeks as the laundromat costs a chunk of change that really adds up over a month. But even if I dont get around to it until 2 weeks I have a few different sheet sets so I can at least change the sheets.

If I had my own washer and dryer I wouldnt mind washing them every day or two. Having clean crisp sheets is nice.

About once a week, I wash the sheets, towels, and pillowcases. This past morning (actually about 3 AM) the cat wandered in the bedroom and puked all over them. It's funny now, but it wasnt then. My dog very rarely does that, so he gets to sleep in the bed, lol.

once every 2 weeks.
smile.gif

every friday! i used to do allllll the laundry every friday but after the baby got here that was too hard to stick to so i do one load a day five days a week. tuesday colors. wednesdy blacks. thursday towels. friday sheets. saturday whites.

I wash our sheets every 7-14 days, I cant go any longer then 2 weeks but I do try to get it done weekly.

I wash ours every week. And kudos to the lady that throws out her pillows monthly. You've probably saved your neighbors a ton of money over the years
smile.gif

Here's another tip for used pillows. You know those square, large dog beds that come filled with that flimsy filler stuff? Two pillows fill that bed up nicely. 

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes, no need to get nasty... like Jackie I've NEVER heard of someone throwing pillows away on a monthly or bi-monthly basis! Something I've never even thought of! Why do you throw them away so quickly?
I was not being nasty. And the reason is simple. We all, no matter how flawless we feel we are, no matter is you bathe 1000 times a day, you release skin cells.  Those skin cells when dry, become dust, in addition to dried feces, urine, and decomposed dust mites, also materials found in dust. When you lay down at night, your body produces oils that soak into the pillow and makes the dust...stick! Its gross.   I have 5 children, 4 of which have severe allergies and eczema.  I cannot keep those dirty pillows in my home, especially during pollen season. Pillows made with polyfill DONT get clean by washing IMO. I steam them once a week and trash them after a month or so. Keeps my kids skin happy.

Twice a week. When you think about it, would you wear the same set of clothing for a week straight without washing them? I don't think so. So why should your sheets be treated any differently? We spend roughly a 1/3 of our lives sleeping. That's a lot of time under the sheets!

I tend to roll around soooo much at night that I gave up on using a sheet, I know I should use one.. XD Me and washing my bedding, well, I should do that...tomorrow... *looks at clock* well... I guess today actually. It's not that bad though.

lol, what a funny thread!! I'm actually really ocd about my sheets. I change them everyday or every other day. I have so many set too.  It annoys my husband, but i can't stand the thought of crumbs or dead skin cells when I sleep.  I've tried to get better about it, but i can't do it. 

I also have a shower curtain problem..i change the liner every month, sometimes twice a month!

I need to stop doing that so much and change the air filter out more.

Once a week...I always feel like my dirty pillowcase will make me break out or something. I dont know why, maybe I read that somewhere? But ever since that has motivated me to do it.

I wash mine once a week and I have two sets so I switch them out... I have heard a really disgusting story told to me by an old friend of mine. He had a roommate with whom he lived with for 2 years, and the guy NEVER washed his sheets nor did he change them out. Yes, he had a girlfriend, yes, they had sex on those sheets, and yes, there were THOSE stains on his sheets. Same bed sheets on his bed for TWO YEARS! I think that is so nasty.

Sheets every week or two

pillows get washed around every month or two, i mostly just spray them down the Lysol if i don't get around to washing them

blankets get washed around every 2 months or so, i try to avoid it. We sleep with a big fluffy comforter/bedspread and a huge heavy quilt and trying to wrestle with them to wash them is a nightmare...they really don't fit in our washer and dryer but i cram them in ever so often and get them washed and dried.

Back