How old do you look?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I just turned 25 two days ago. What used to happen back in high school is that people ALWAYS thought I was old (like 18/19/20 when I was only 15/16)... but now, it seems that everyone thinks I look 18! It's the weirdest thing. Maybe I've frozen in time to look the age of 18 lol. Back in high school, it was awesome looking older (you know how those darn adolescents can be!)... but I guess I can't complain either about looking younger, it's more like I can *hope* that it stretches out to when I'm much older lol.

I am 45... going on 46 within a month and most people think that I look around 30 to 35. Sometimes younger. My son who is 26 has his own band - classic rock. He plays mostly 80 music which I grew up with, and some of his groupies actually ask him if I am his girlfriend. I have been in the beauty industry for over 23+ years and I do thank god for what I have learn about the secrets of the Makeup Artist and what I have been putting on my face recently! I actually found my first wrinkle about a year ago and have been extensively studying anti-aging.

Hi On Boards,

I think it is a human nature to want to be older until you hit around your mid twenties then you want to be see as younger then you are. It is called vanity and everyone falls victim to it at some point in their life. You are right God does help sooth the fears of old age but no one wants to get old because it means you are closer to the end then to the beginning.

Obviously no one really looks forward to the bad things about getting older and death is something that cannot be avoided. I thinks it's only human to be scared of death. As a christian you know that after life comes everlasting life and anything that has become a burden with old age is then gone. Life is just a small period of time, when you think about it on the scale of eternity. So, I guess all in all I look forward to joining God at the end of my life, but I'm not really excited about all that comes with getting old...hope this helps.....................

Best Regards....
smile.gif

Back