How this will work.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think used and/or swatched is fine, just maybe label it with a post-it, so people opposed to that won't take it, and others will know?

I'm hoping if this goes well, we can maybe make it a quarterly thing or something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think in general, things should be kept pretty flexible.  This is just something fun, and putting too many rules on it can kill the fun.  The biggest thing is just common courtesy - for example, obviously don't send an empty box onto the next person, don't take 50 samples if you're only putting in 2, things like that.  I think most people who post here will be pretty good about this.  But no need to be strict about counting samples and things like that - some people will have a ton to contribute, some will have less, and that's okay.

High end and drugstore samples are both fine. Makeup, skincare, body care, whatever. We initially thought of doing this as a way of getting rid of the little foil packets/sachets that aren't really worth the trouble to trade individually, but by all means, if a person wanted to put in a larger sample or even a full sized product, space allowing, that'd be fine.  
I agree. This is not the same as a 1 to 1 swap. The point is to pass on stuff you won't use anyway. You can put me at whatever number in the rotation is convenient. I will have more stuff after April 15th, of course, but we all will. Should it all be unused/unswatched, or just specify if it has been?

Yeah I think its something like 10.85, which is kind of high, imo. At least the packaging to ship in would be free though.
That is kind of high for shipping, but it might be good for our best selection of samples. And it would keep it at a standard.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is kind of high for shipping, but it might be good for our best selection of samples. And it would keep it at a standard.

The other good thing is that since it would be priority, shipping would be super fast. Since I'm going first, I'll see if what I'm sending fits in a small one, and it does, we can try to stick to that. Although I think everyone should choose whichever shipping method they prefer, since they are the one paying for it, you know?

Yeah, when it comes down to it, it's up to YOU what you put it in before you ship it, if you want to keep it in the same box and relabel it, or go bigger or smaller.  Just make sure you think about how it will effect shipping costs for YOU. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I do think we should use tracking or delivery confirmation, I'd hate to lose our box and have people miss out on the awesome.

Also, I put on the info that the signup deadline for this first swap is March 25th, that way we'll have a week to fully make sure everything is in order before shipping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm going to make a new thread with this info, so everyone doesn't have to wade through it all just to find out deadlines and stuff.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, when it comes down to it, it's up to YOU what you put it in before you ship it, if you want to keep it in the same box and relabel it, or go bigger or smaller.  Just make sure you think about how it will effect shipping costs for YOU. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I do think we should use tracking or delivery confirmation, I'd hate to lose our box and have people miss out on the awesome.

Also, I put on the info that the signup deadline for this first swap is March 25th, that way we'll have a week to fully make sure everything is in order before shipping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yup, this is a good attitude! I really want to do this with other things now too, lol. 

I think the small flat rate box is good. There is weight restriction but I forgot how much. Samples do not weigh that much. I will be putting full size nail polish in my to go box and some lip gloss as I want for the next person to have just as nice a box as I will get, if that makes sense. Oh la la I am excited..get to clear out stuff and try new stuff. All my stuff will be unused unless noted by a post it sticky.

*tee hee* I have a "big" something that I'll be putting in....hopefully they will match someone else's complexion.

I think this all sounds really good. Making it a quarterly thing is also a good idea, since that will allow us to trade with people for stuff that we want, but when that gets old, it will give us an opportunity to clear our stash out, and maybe get some things that we will use instead. And I think if everything the first person puts in will fit in the small flat rate box, then that's fine. I agree that if you want to put even more stuff in, it is at your own discretion to get a bigger box, as long as you know what the shipping will be. I'm excited!

Originally Posted by Coocabarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this all sounds really good. Making it a quarterly thing is also a good idea, since that will allow us to trade with people for stuff that we want, but when that gets old, it will give us an opportunity to clear our stash out, and maybe get some things that we will use instead. And I think if everything the first person puts in will fit in the small flat rate box, then that's fine. I agree that if you want to put even more stuff in, it is at your own discretion to get a bigger box, as long as you know what the shipping will be. I'm excited!
I agree 100%.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens to the stuff at the end? Does the last person in rotation keep itt all or what?

It will come back to me, since I'm starting it, I'll get my turn to take out what I want and add whatever else I've accumulated, and hopefully there will still be enough interest to keep it moving! We are having two groups, so my plan was to swap the two boxes once it got back to me, or I guess I could keep them in the same rotation if the values of the two were significantly different.

Is there a time limit? Sephora's Beauty Talk does a travelling box and they like to make it so each person only has it for like 3 days maximum, which seems smart.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a time limit? Sephora's Beauty Talk does a travelling box and they like to make it so each person only has it for like 3 days maximum, which seems smart.

We said a week, but sending it sooner is something I personally would like to encourage :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What happens to the stuff at the end? Does the last person in rotation keep itt all or what?
I've done similar trains in the past - mainly with coupons - and the last person sends it back to the first person and it starts all over again.

Will there be a second list in the box with everyone's address? Do we cross off ourselves on the list and then just send to the next person? Or will we get the person's address emailed to us that we will mail to next?

Originally Posted by wagz379 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will there be a second list in the box with everyone's address? Do we cross off ourselves on the list and then just send to the next person? Or will we get the person's address emailed to us that we will mail to next?

We will email the next person's address to you, in order to minimize the passing around of personal information. 

Back