How to get mineral foundation to stay on my face!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use mark Primed for Perfection Face Prime. it's $10 and lasts all day long with my mmu.

it is comparable to some really high end primers i was using and works better.way better price too.

http://creedy.mymarkstore.com

keeps me shine free all day. 8 hours plus even through working out,my make stays put. it's now an HG product for me.

I received my sample from  LA minerals the other day. I was sceptical at first but i was pleasantly suprised! Not only does it stay on

but need little touch up over a 14 hour period! The colour match is perfect too (fairest beige) I can highly recommend them...will

be ordering from there site soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now I have ordered samples of LA Minerals too! I was so curious!!
icon_lol.gif

cool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> other mineral foundations are ok but i really wanted one that lasted and im so pleased with my samples ( slightly dewiess round nose my no running off)  just go easy on any areas you have fine lines, i take it easy round my eyes lol

Hi,

Oriflame does a good primer, very affordable and has great products to control oily skin. If you ever want to try their range, just pm me. I am based in Scotland.

Hi; Yes Im Fabulous Cosmetics have a great organic primer that yo apply after you applied your mineral foundation. I use all they makeup and I always use the Makeup setting spritz. I could give you the website but I am not sure if it is allowed on this board.

But if you google: Makeup setting spritz from Im Fabulous you will found it it is only $10. All they makeup are half price of Bare Essential and excellent quality.

Originally Posted by purplelassie30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> other mineral foundations are ok but i really wanted one that lasted and im so pleased with my samples ( slightly dewiess round nose my no running off)  just go easy on any areas you have fine lines, i take it easy round my eyes lol
I have tried the LA Minerals now and I really like the coverage. I tried Valley Girl.

I never use mineralfoundation or concealer around my eyes because of my fine lines. I use regular concealer (cream/liquid) and just a small small amound of Mineral Veil to make it last all day.

For oily skin I'm Fabulous has a great product called Oil and Lines Control

This amazing pure mineral makeup was created for Oil-control proportioned to optimize oil-control, They are able to absorb 7 times their weight in oil and sebum. 

It wicks-away moisture from the skin, absorbing it and releasing it as a vapor.  Scatter light on the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and they boost SPF.    It works great for me , I love it!

Originally Posted by Rita Mechin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For oily skin I'm Fabulous has a great product called Oil and Lines Control

This amazing pure mineral makeup was created for Oil-control proportioned to optimize oil-control, They are able to absorb 7 times their weight in oil and sebum. 

It wicks-away moisture from the skin, absorbing it and releasing it as a vapor.  Scatter light on the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and they boost SPF.    It works great for me , I love it!
It sounds interesting! I have a combination oily skin so I do get dry spots and shine at the same time. And most oil control products seems to dry my skin too much and just make my fine lines look BIG!!!

I use L’Oreal. I really like this product. I'm usually not a DS make-up shopper but gave it a whirl once and find it comparable if not better than Bare Minerals as a third of the price! It gives great coverage (nearly full for me). It doesn't control my overwhelming oil throughout the day (but I have yet to find something that does), but it is great for touch-ups too. My only complaint is the packaging. I find it really large and messy to use on the run and the brush is smaller than I normally like. I actually transfer it to a different container and use it from there and it's all good!

rosehip oils |
natural eyeshadows

minerals foundation online

I use a product by Clinique called Pore Minimizing Gel for T Zone. I apply it to my nose, forehead, and cheeks where I get the most oily. It works really well. Bare Minerals also makes an oil control primer that is good!

Never heard of using monistat for face is it safe for sinsitive skin what does it to for face

Oily skinned gals don't really benefit from priming with anything that contains silicone- like the monistat anti-chafing gel- or even smashbox, etc- silicone is a barrier products and as your skin's natural sebum comes out during the day it will collect under the silicone and actually breakdown the makeup on your face. If you're oily (like I am) you can skip regular moisturizer- your sebum IS your skin's own natural moisturizer. instead use an oil free one, or better yet an oil free serum. then look for mineral makeup that contain oil absorbent ingredients- like Serecite Mica, Kaolin Clay, & Silica. If they contain enough, and the right kinds, of Titanium Dioxide that should also give them better adhesion- and lasting wearability- if your favorite brand uses 100% oil Dispersable titanium Dioxide- good luck getting it to stay on an oily face- it is meant to disperse in oils. Lastly- i have several clients who love the Clinique pore minimizing product- I though it did a good job- however my favorite and what is in my pro kit- is Eve Pearl's mattifying gel- LOVE IT! if i'm super oily I will use my Translucent Setting sheer before my foundation. it has mica (Serecite), kaolin, silica and non-GMO, organic cornstarch- which is oil absorbent AND pore Minimizing. 

@ fortunateface - I have super oily skin as well and right now I'm using ELDW and I like the staying power but notice that by lunch I've got shine - so far I've tried Monistat and Smashbox (like you said not good for oily skin!) Mary Kay mattifier (loved the way it looked after I applied it but still shiny by lunch) and Pure Luxe powder eraser (again - shiny!!!)....I looked at the Eve Pearl website and I'm definately going to order....what foundation do you use? Also you said you used "Translucent Setting sheer" on days that you are super oily is this LM brand?

Originally Posted by TammyH /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ fortunateface - I have super oily skin as well and right now I'm using ELDW and I like the staying power but notice that by lunch I've got shine - so far I've tried Monistat and Smashbox (like you said not good for oily skin!) Mary Kay mattifier (loved the way it looked after I applied it but still shiny by lunch) and Pure Luxe powder eraser (again - shiny!!!)....I looked at the Eve Pearl website and I'm definately going to order....what foundation do you use? Also you said you used "Translucent Setting sheer" on days that you are super oily is this LM brand?
Hey tammy- that would be MY line I'm referring to- I am the creator of Fortunate Face Minerals. I'll put the link below if you're interested. I use my regular translucent sheer under the makeup if I'm super oily, but my favorite in my Luxury Sheer- with the Silk Powder, Pearl powder, and 1 karat of crushed diamonds in it- I wear that everyday over makeup to minimize pores & lines- and I also wear it to bed at night after I wash my face- and treat it w/ my HA serum- I then swirl on a little of that to sleep in- love it! you can also check out my MUA website- i've pretty much used FFM exclusively-to see it's safe for photography too!

http://www.fortunatefaceminerals.com/

http://www.karriewelch.com/

Have you tried using a product called "model in a bottle" it is a spray that sets your makeup and it works great! i too am very oily and got this for my outdoor wedding in mid September in Texas!!! it was great! order it on amazon super good price

Quote: Originally Posted by fortunateface /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey tammy- that would be MY line I'm referring to- I am the creator of Fortunate Face Minerals. I'll put the link below if you're interested. I use my regular translucent sheer under the makeup if I'm super oily, but my favorite in my Luxury Sheer- with the Silk Powder, Pearl powder, and 1 karat of crushed diamonds in it- I wear that everyday over makeup to minimize pores & lines- and I also wear it to bed at night after I wash my face- and treat it w/ my HA serum- I then swirl on a little of that to sleep in- love it! you can also check out my MUA website- i've pretty much used FFM exclusively-to see it's safe for photography too!

http://www.fortunatefaceminerals.com/

http://www.karriewelch.com/

Originally Posted by purplelassie30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a problem.....Every brand of mineral foundation slides of my t zone after

3 hours. It goes patchy and totally runs off my nose. I have tried the matte and setting powders but nothing works. Is there a primer that will help and it ok for combo skin?

Originally Posted by fortunateface /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oily skinned gals don't really benefit from priming with anything that contains silicone- like the monistat anti-chafing gel- or even smashbox, etc- silicone is a barrier products and as your skin's natural sebum comes out during the day it will collect under the silicone and actually breakdown the makeup on your face. If you're oily (like I am) you can skip regular moisturizer- your sebum IS your skin's own natural moisturizer. instead use an oil free one, or better yet an oil free serum. then look for mineral makeup that contain oil absorbent ingredients- like Serecite Mica, Kaolin Clay, & Silica. If they contain enough, and the right kinds, of Titanium Dioxide that should also give them better adhesion- and lasting wearability- if your favorite brand uses 100% oil Dispersable titanium Dioxide- good luck getting it to stay on an oily face- it is meant to disperse in oils. Lastly- i have several clients who love the Clinique pore minimizing product- I though it did a good job- however my favorite and what is in my pro kit- is Eve Pearl's mattifying gel- LOVE IT! if i'm super oily I will use my Translucent Setting sheer before my foundation. it has mica (Serecite), kaolin, silica and non-GMO, organic cornstarch- which is oil absorbent AND pore Minimizing. 
I admire your use of organic products! I'll have to look into the translucent setting sheer that you're describing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

However, I have really oily skin, and I use the Smashbox Photo Finish light and it works just fine. So I think it partially just depends on the person. When I saw this post, the first thing that came to mind was "Smashbox!" because I use Bare Minerals on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use palladio's face primer.  It's VERY similar to Smashbox

Where can you find this face primer and how much is it? I use Smashbox a lot, but I'm not opposed to a cheaper alternative

Back