Hurricane Katrina and disaster relief

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol

I think Mother Earth is mad at us. First the tsumani, now this hurricaine... what is next?

Yeah. She has had some issues lately. I heard today on the radio that it was George Bush's fault. LMAO. Can the LEFT just help out instead of hindering? sheesh

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) Yeah. She has had some issues lately. I heard today on the radio that it was George Bush's fault. LMAO. Can the LEFT just help out instead of hindering? sheesh LMAO!! I think that left, right, up & down need to band together and help out.

lol.

i don't understand why people are getting so pissed off and doing all of this bad stuff like shooting and getting into fights. it's not like some human being made this hurricane and it's someone's fault! how is getting into fights going to help anything????

if i knew there was going to be some hurricane or something, my a$$ would be OUT OF THERE!!!! that's why i don't live in florida where there are hurricanes and tornados all of the time.

people are trying their best to help and get stuff over there. there's only so much they can do. since electricity is out over there, it's not like they can get gas right there. they have to send people out hundreds of miles away. there's only so many resources in that area, they have to get everything from different places and find places to send people.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're killing and raping people!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
https://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_evil.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_evil.gifhttps://forum.makeuptalk.com/images/smilies2/icon_evil.gif

Hey everyone, just an update on the looters, it is not just happened in New Orleans now, it is all over the Baton Rouge area also. Not sure what the hell is going through these peoples minds, they are breaking in to Wal-Marts, Targets, Home Depots, McDonalds ect. Two of the Wal-Marts near my work got broken into. Grrrrrrrrrrr this just pisses me off, we try to help people and they start this crap, which only leads to them not getting help as fast as what they want it.

They are stealing cars that are near the shelters they are staying at, hi-jacking them from drivers on busy streets where traffic is at a stand still. These folks are nuts. I always knew that us people in Louisiana were a bit different but this tops the cake by far. Somebody call all the mental hospitals in your area we are going to need alot of beds for these crazied people.

Glad you're ok Tiff!!! Hope everything gets somewhat back to normal soon for you guys.
icon_neutral.gif

I just can't believe it, snipers attacking people who are trying to help??? What the hell is wrong with these people? Why hasn't the President imposed Marshal Law in the region yet? There needs to be a curfew to maintain some sort of order. Police Officers are not trained to deal with such situations, isn't that why we have a military? Shooting police officers in the head, I just can't fathom such behavior especially during times of despair. This isn't Bosnia/Iraq etc., but it sure looks like we have our own war zone in effect.

I'll be in Miami tomorrow until next week and I'll see first hand what Katrina did there. I think there is some sort of Relief Concert or something happening, too.

they need to send troops over there to help keep order.

what's also sad is what other countries see and think now after seeing all of these people doing this kind of stuff
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia

I just can't believe it, snipers attacking people who are trying to help??? What the hell is wrong with these people? Why hasn't the President imposed Marshal Law in the region yet? There needs to be a curfew to maintain some sort of order. Police Officers are not trained to deal with such situations, isn't that why we have a military? Shooting police officers in the head, I just can't fathom such behavior especially during times of despair. This isn't Bosnia/Iraq etc., but it sure looks like we have our own war zone in effect.
I'll be in Miami tomorrow until next week and I'll see first hand what Katrina did there. I think there is some sort of Relief Concert or something happening, too.

I beleive the president does not have the power to impose marshall law, Congress does

For Martial Law to be declared during a disaster such as this, Congress can be bypassed and a Presidential Executive Order becomes law therefore putting FEMA and the Department of Defense in charge. Congress can choose to object the order and then it may go to the Judiciary. I doubt they would when it's so desperately needed. Maybe then search and rescue/recovery can proceed with no fear of attacks.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_mlaw.html

Originally Posted by Liz what's also sad is what other countries see and think now after seeing all of these people doing this kind of stuff
frown.gif
It's totally absurd, you know,the US is supposed to be one of the richest, most powerful countries, but now it seems like they don't know how to handle this crisis. This has been in the news for days before it actually happened, so I thought "they'll evacuate, make sure there's food for the people that are stuck etc" but the situation has gone totally out of control.Of course,you can't control a natural disaster like this, but it seems like help really isn't getting to where it's supposed to.

It does look like a warzone, awful.

Mixed messages from Bush yesterday,at first he was saying" The US can handle this on their own" but now they're asking for help from other countries. I hope people here can put their negative feelings about the US aside and donate some money.

Originally Posted by Eva121 It's totally absurd, you know,the US is supposed to be one of the richest, most powerful countries, but now it seems like they don't know how to handle this crisis. This has been in the news for days before it actually happened, so I thought "they'll evacuate, make sure there's food for the people that are stuck etc" but the situation has gone totally out of control.Of course,you can't control a natural disaster like this, but it seems like help really isn't getting to where it's supposed to.

It does look like a warzone, awful.

Mixed messages from Bush yesterday,at first he was saying" The US can handle this on their own" but now they're asking for help from other countries. I hope people here can put their negative feelings about the US aside and donate some money.

Many have said that how the situation was handled in Thailand was a lot better than what is being done in the US. YIKES!!!And I don't know what's happpening with the govt.? Watching CNN, all I hear is how defensive the politicians are when they are asked about the problems of sending out help.

It's really scary!!!! Watching the news is like watching those disaster or end-of-the-world movies.

Originally Posted by Sofia I just can't believe it, snipers attacking people who are trying to help??? What the hell is wrong with these people? Why hasn't the President imposed Marshal Law in the region yet? There needs to be a curfew to maintain some sort of order. Police Officers are not trained to deal with such situations, isn't that why we have a military? Shooting police officers in the head, I just can't fathom such behavior especially during times of despair. This isn't Bosnia/Iraq etc., but it sure looks like we have our own war zone in effect.

Marshall Law has been in effect for 2 days now, as far as curfew most of the people in NO has no way to know what is going on, they have no radio or tv. The Military is now in NO to try and control things, and trust me they are fully armed.

i think i heard them saying that there has been a curfew since the beginning, but people are still out doing stuff.

thank god military is finally there. i would rather have them be there to help keep order and watch out for those idiots who are shooting at innocent people and raping and looting and starting fires!

Back