Hurricane Sandy Update Email from Birchbox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by serendipity720 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I understand they are going through this but still they created the october fiasco themselves. if they postpone november I will email and just request my money back. I would rather have my money then deal with this. Yeah its only 10 dollars, but that isn't the point. I'm a college student also, so ten dollars is still something I could use! and 100 people dead is practically nothing when you take into account how many lives could have been lost honestly. It affected a lot of people, so 100 really is not a lot. I am just honked at bb for telling me they "shipped" my box when it never even shipped because in fact they never shipped it because they did not have any inventory to do so. I think I have little to no respect for them at this point as a business and not their personal lives either. I just want compensated in money or another box before the end of november. thats all. 
Wow 
sadno.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like even more than a first world problem....more like an entitled bratty never been told no first world problem. I am so peeved about this I feel sick.
Wait my post didn't make you sick did it??

I understand they are going through this but still they created the october fiasco themselves. if they postpone november I will email and just request my money back. I would rather have my money then deal with this. Yeah its only 10 dollars, but that isn't the point. I'm a college student also, so ten dollars is still something I could use! and 100 people dead is practically nothing when you take into account how many lives could have been lost honestly. It affected a lot of people, so 100 really is not a lot. I am just honked at bb for telling me they "shipped" my box when it never even shipped because in fact they never shipped it because they did not have any inventory to do so. I think I have little to no respect for them at this point as a business and not their personal lives either. I just want compensated in money or another box before the end of november. thats all. 
Wait, you were serious with this post? I thought these were the ramblings of a troll or something worse. I am utterly shocked that you had the balls to say something like this. Also, who says "honked?" Is that even a word? I am so confused and embarrassed for you right now. 

That being said, I read the BB email and I was thinking how thoughtful it was of them to send this out amid all the chaos. I have had my concerns with BB over the past few months, but they do really care about their customers and they do attempt to make things right. (In my experience) 

I am really looking forward to Decembers box most of all 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great idea to put this in a thread! Hopefully, sub members see it and it'll assuage concerns. If damage is that extensive, I'd understand November being delayed or doing a combo box in December. Can't speak for all, but I'd be cool with that.
That would be fun too! I lose track of my subs recently and I get surprised to see them in the mail! I'm like, 'oh! I didn't know i still have this!'
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You did not really say 100 people dead is practically nothing did you?  I mean really.  If your $10 means that much to you that you would prefer the staff of Birchbox risk their lives to get you a box of samples, send me your address and I will send you $10.  I personally would prefer to do business with a company that puts their employees safety above all else.  So my box of samples could be delayed a week.  Woe is me.  This is a first world problem if I have ever heard one.
You go, girl! I was about to say that too!
wink.gif

Such a shame kids like those exist. But heck, another troll on the lose. I hope she'll get what she wants.

is it really that big of a deal? you should know by now that the october box wasn't that great that it would be worth fussing over anyway. not to mention it's not like birchbox has said "WHOOPS there was a storm we're never going to refund you or ever get back to you he he he" in fact, the whole point of the email was to let customers know "hey we're still out there and working to get stuff back together so we can get business running as usual again."

all in all, if not having that $10 or $10 worth of samples is really putting a dent in your survival or well-being, i'm sure plenty of people here would be more than willing to show compassion for you, if you were willing to show some compassion for others.

Um, actually one person dead is a lot. 

Wow.

I hate to pile on here, but I hope you (the person who says 100 dead is practically nothing) should be utterly ashamed of yourself.

For a 10-buck box of samples.

Just. Wow.

But on a lighter note, to show there are good people out there with hearts in the right place, I present you with this:

Originally Posted by aerofish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But on a lighter note, to show there are good people out there with hearts in the right place, I present you with this:

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing that photo!

Yay! Thoughtful people unite! At least they'll be able to phone loved ones and let them know they made it through the hurricane. Big fat thanks to little kind gestures and unsung heroes!

I am so hoping this is a troll account, and a troll post. Perhaps you would like me to come drown your best friend, or sibling or parents, so you can fully comprehend how tragic and earth shattering an event like this can be you little brat. People's hearts are hurting, in addition to the cost of human life, this storm has come at a cost of BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, you say 1$0 is important to you, so perhaps speaking in terms of money will get through to your head, you ten dollars are meaningless in this respect. Grow up, there is no way you are in college, if you did, it was their mistake for admitting you. For a startup, business and personal life and inextricably intertwined. You own your company, so it's up to you to make it succeed, you are the company. They are trying their very best to continue operations despite their office being shut down. I have do doubt they will resolve your issue (though I would personally urge them to ignore you) it just might take them a little longer than normal. Again like I said, I really hope there isn't a real person behind this account. Go away troll! We don't need this here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is there a mod who can delete and or ban that girl?! Reading her post made me feel sick. It was incredibly rude and shouldnt be left up. 

No she won't be deleted or banned from the site.

We all have "foot-in-mouth" syndrome from time to time and pretty much she's been told how others feel so I think she gets the point. Let's stop focusing on what she posted and move on.

I loved that they posted all the pictures of everybody working from all over the place!

I have a friend who works at a fashion start up in NYC, and they are working out of an Equinox gym. 

Beyond its effects on Birchbox or any company, I am almost morbidly curious about how this storm is going to effect the election.

Neither Hurricane Katrina nor 9/11 came anywhere near a contested election, so the fact that the commander chief position has the potential to be turned over a week after the disaster is going to make for some thrilling politics. 

She/he is a troll anf loving all the attention they are getting. Thats how they work. I see u troll. And get out.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I want an oompa loompa NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I seriously laughed out loud at that!!!
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No she won't be deleted or banned from the site.

We all have "foot-in-mouth" syndrome from time to time and pretty much she's been told how others feel so I think she gets the point. Let's stop focusing on what she posted and move on.
But the drama was just getting good. 
popcorn.gif
 Lol. I kid, I kid.

I'm glad BB is trying to keep up and work from home. I will not mind one bit if my box is late, they could have had it worse. No one should blame BB about a late box, natural disasters like this one can't be prevented. I am happy that the BB workers are doing well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back