Hypothetical Situation of the day [Aug 25th]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
Okay, you've paid for your stuff at the local MAC. There's another customer next to you chatting with a Sales Assistant, her bags are on the counter.

When you get home you notice you have an extra bag! You must have picked up one of the other customer's bags by accident when you grabbed yours from the counter! You look inside the bag and see 5 products you were dying to have but couldn't afford.

What do you do?

Reaction score
Oh damn.

I was gonna say, you know, take it back and all that-- but the thing is the other customer probably got her items replaced once she realized it was missing....so now I don't know!!

If the other customer got it replaced, then....

Agh I have no conscience!

Reaction score
ewww, good angel on the right says do the right thing and bring it back, bad devil on the left says, f*ck it! keep it. Deli slaps little angel away and starts playing with new e/s's......lol
moa.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by delidee32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ewww, good angel on the right says do the right thing and bring it back, bad devil on the left says, f*ck it! keep it. Deli slaps little angel away and starts playing with new e/s's......lol
moa.gif
Lmao!!!
laughing.gif

Reaction score
Well, if you're known at the MAC counter, then you'd have to take it back. Regardless as to whether or not the customer's items were replaced. If the peeps at the counter remember you as being the only one there besides the other customer, then chances are, you'll be outed as the one who "took" the bag anyway. Best to be honest about it... And, if you've been lemming those 5 items anyway, when didn't you buy them instead of what you got?!

Reaction score
I would take it back, even though they do throw away all of the products that are returned. My conscience would bug me too much to keep it, however.

Reaction score
I'd go back and return the items and tell them exactly what happened. lol.
smile.gif

Reaction score
yes, i'd go back too. like Aquilah said, they may have tagged you as the one who took the bag.

Reaction score
Call and ask if anyone lost a bag...if they say No..keep it. They would probably just damage it out if you brought it back.

Reaction score
I would take the items back,I did not pay for those returned items; and I would expect people to do the same if it were me.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd go back and return the items and tell them exactly what happened. lol.
smile.gif
Ditto

Reaction score
I'd phone up the counter. I live a few hours away from my nearest MAC so I probably wouldn't notice until I got home.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Call and ask if anyone lost a bag...if they say No..keep it. They would probably just damage it out if you brought it back. Exactly what i'd do, i have to admit i would be really tempted just to keep it

Reaction score
I would be SO tempted to keep the products, but I'd return them. I believe that if I were to keep them it would be stealing, and would find a way to bite me in the butt.

Reaction score
i'd have to take it back.

although that happened when i went to bloomingdales in chicago, and i went to nordstroms and got some stuff i accidently grabed a bag and didnt realize it until i got home, cause i just shoved the bag in my suitcase after i got it.

so i open my suitcase in WA when i got back to discover i had a bottle of shampoo i didnt buy.

i dont live near a bloomingdales, and honestly i cant even bring myself to use the shampoo cause of guilt that i didnt look earlier before i left to see if i had everything.

Latest posts