I keep buying stuff that I never use....You?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with makeup..no!!i am not a makeup freak..so never had much stuff!

but now i have ton!! dont use it though..

wedding shopping ..will be using it soon though
biggrin.gif

the thing i pile up is jewelry!! i have tons and tons of jewlery!! and i dunt even wear it!!

i have soo many earrings that i can open a shop!!

but believe it or not..i have never ever worn them except twice!!

once on my sis wedding..

and i had to wear on my engagment!!

i have soo much fake jewelry!! i will be posting in stash section!!

you will see what i am talking about!!

Hi,

I do this all the time without even opening up the packages. Thank goodness I can just toss it in my pro kit.

I have a lot of lipsticks and eyeliners I don't use because the color doesn't fit, but I just give them to one of my aunts, she doesn't mind that I already tested it on myself. I just tell her it didn't work out and if she'd like them. She has said yes everytime.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif It happens to me sometimes lol, I have a small pile starting to build up now.
I just cant help it when I go looking at all the makeup in Shoppers or Walmart I just want to try stuff like crazy lol I always feel like I need it! Oh I know I have 10 pink lipglosses but isnt this one a little different? Lol

My small pile has a beautiful blue pigment which I just dont know how to wear, a couple red lipglosses I just dont feel brave enough for, a great Elizabeth Arden e/s quad (why dont I use it?), a number of eyeliners, eyeshadows...

Its not even that half the stuff is bad I just dont know lol I guess Im an impulse shopper. Actually I know I am.

I know! I'm so addicted to drugstore makeup because they're so cheap and I just keep wanting to buy them all...

I'm getting better at avoiding that. When I see a pretty blush in a cute compact, I think.."Don't I already have 2 of those that I don't even use on a daily basis.." I'll only give in if it's something I use everyday, like sunscreen, eyeliner, gel blush, powder, things like that.

Count me in too !!! I have things I dont even remember having and then suddenly they turn up when I am going thru my makeup and I am like.. hm..

Originally Posted by Elena Israel /img/forum/go_quote.gif [Eeeek, you name it I collect it. My room looks like a department store, I keep wanting to give stuff away but when it comes to the crunch I totally break down!
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
. Oh dear.. you described my situation exactly !!

Originally Posted by igor /img/forum/go_quote.gif Unfortunately, I can`t say this about myself. If I`m able to restrain myself when it comes to clothes or shoes, I become literally obsessed with some new "magic" cosmetic product (especially blushes--I`m really sick about those)
rotfl.gif
Ditto. I dont spend on anything else.. just makeup.. lipsticks,lipglosses and eyeshadows, in my case.

I do try to use everything that I have, but I have quite a lot so I some things will go virtually untouched. I buy mostly eyeshadows - it's an addiction of mine.

Let's see I have over 300 eyeshadow pigments as well as over 100 lipsticks! LOL I am an impulse shopper as well!

I have ALOT of stuff I don't use ,but I try to use everything at least once.

I haven't even cracked open my MAC Barbie stuff, hoping I get to use my McQueen stuff at least once. I love costume jewelry too!! (Hard to find bangles & bracelets in my size.)

My problem used to be pigment samples. I had about 150 of them. I finally donated some that I had never used to my daughters cosmetology school and gave her best friend the rest. I kept 2 of each color I like and I still dont use those but I'll save them for now.

YES.

i probably have about 10 different types of mascara in my makeup box..along with powders that i never seem to use.

i now only buy things that i know i will use, i have lots of mu and i try to use them all, i have my two hg mascaras that i stick with.

I buy too much eyeshadow. If I think the colour looks pretty on the shelf, then I buy it. Half of the time I take them home only to realize that the colour doesn't suit me, so I never end up using them. I may have 20 diffent pink lipglosses, but at least I end up using them.

I'm guilty of that too ... and whenever I search through my drawers I'm surprised at what I find in there since I had all but forgotten about many (if not most) things. I tend to use the same stock every day. I will really need to put a stop on that but, seriously, it's like an addiction whenever I see something new
wink.gif

I am soooo guilty of impulse make-up buying. I have tons of lipstick, eyeshadows and blushes, mostly drug store type brands, especially NYX, Wet n Wild and Milani. My foundations are always Estée Lauder, however, for years. My husband bought me my first 'Estée Lauder make-up special' on our first Christmas! I love to try new stuff, so I can't resist. I'm glad there are some really good cheaper make-up products out there. Sometimes I like to just sort through my stash and tell myself I'll use all of it some day!

I used to, but now I'm getting better.

My weakness is blush though. I'm still trying to hit the bottom of the pan on one I've had for about a year. It hasn't changed color or consistency, I just don't use its consistently.

I don't buy something unless i think i'm going to use it and i usually do...

Back