I love tightlining and lining inner rims

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried with a black kohl pencil and it tickled so much! Now I just put plenty on my lower rims and squeeze my eyes shut, then reapply on the bottom. It seems to work!

Originally Posted by anne7 I just personally find it easier to just flip up my lid a bit and do a solid line, than try to dot it into my lashes. I can't do this- when I try, my hands shiver & my eyes start tearing & blinking crazily! Guess each of us have our own methods
biggrin.gif

I tightlined for the first time, last night, prior to a date. Maybe not the best time to get experimental, but I'm glad I gave it a go, because I really noticed a difference in my upper lasheline. The base did seem much thicker and much more even, without appearing to be 'overdone' at all. I'll always use this method in the future.

Does anyone know if the people who do the "Permanent Makeup" thing can tattoo there? ESPECIALLY in the upper waterline... That would do wonders!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Does anyone know if the people who do the "Permanent Makeup" thing can tattoo there? ESPECIALLY in the upper waterline... That would do wonders! OUCH!
icon_eek.gif

Relaz Marisol!! They numb the area before they do it... you really don't feel much if anything...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Relaz Marisol!! They numb the area before they do it... you really don't feel much if anything... I am just a wuss!

hey fabulous folks! I wanted to let you all know that I tried really hard to do a tightlining tutorial, but I just couldn't tighline and hold the camera at the same time. I think this weekend I'm going to try to set up the camcorder and make a video tutorial. A question for Tony, is it possible to upload a video to the picture gallery?

Yup it is possible to upload videos. However, they have to be under 3.81 MB. I also suggest using Putfile.com Its a free video hosting site.

I never knew it was called "tightlining" - heck, I've been lining my inner rims both upper and lower, with a kohl pencil ever since I started wearing makeup at the ripe young age of 15 !
icon_cheesygrin.gif

(that's a mighty loooong time ago!)

Originally Posted by bronze_chiqz as fo me, i will never miss lining my upper lashline(tightlining) n both inner and lower rims..I feel my makeup is incomplete without lining them.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Here is my everyday look,

WOW you've got gorgeous eyes!!! i cant believe so many people hadnt tried 'tightlining' before, i cant walk out the house without doing it, i dont feel me without it, i do it everyday.

bronze yu hav almos the same eyes as me n sumthing i find looks great on me is ether extendin the eye liner jus an idy bit out nd slanting up. makes an entirely different great look
smile.gif
(key word tho is "little" dont draw a huge line lol)

Just to clarify what tightlining is (or at least what I was led to believe it is!)

It's not the same as lining your inner rims.

It is using a flat brush and 'pushing' the brush into the base of the lashes where they meet with that skin. On upper lashes, it's done under the lash line, so that it doesn't look like eyeliner. The results are meant to be subtle. The goal is to define your eyes without making the eyeliner obvious. If applied well, it will make it appear as if you lashes are full because at the base of your lashes, the whole area will be dark but without that obvious line.

If you want a more noticable line, then you would do the same procedure above your lash line, and then as you remove the brush, you would sweep it upwards as much as you wish.

In my experience cake (aka a very dry, hard almost like eyeshadow) eyeliner is best for getting that fine, perfect line. As an added bonus, the Laura Mercier one is waterproof.

As for whether it's best for dark or light ladies, I'm a super pale redhead and I use the black cake liner daily and it looks very natural. So I think this method should suit most of us.

hope this helps!!

I tightlined with Blitz N' Glitz Fluidline today from MAC and I LOVE it!! The Fluidline actually stayed in the waterline ALL DAY LONG!! I posted the "play" with the Fluidline in the FOTD forum, but don't get too excited, it isn't a special face at all...

I am definitely going to keep using the Fluidlines, they are SUPER easy to apply, I was using a thin retractable lip brush from Walgreens, it was really easy to work with...

Originally Posted by Marisol how safe is it for contact lens users? I don't think it's really safe for contact users. I started doing it more after hearing about it on here and really loved the look but my eyes have been dryer since. The last time I went to the eye doctor (this monday) he told me that my sebaceous glands are clogged from it and that I should only be putting eyeliner on my lash line and not any closer. He has recommended for me to do hot compresses to try and open my glands back up. I've only done this once and it did feel very nice. I haven't been wearing my contacts or eye makeup because i'm trying to get some moisture back in my eyes and let them heal. So be careful ladies!

It takes some getting used too but it really makes the upper lashes look fuller and longer, I use Kajal paste from Hashmi on the inner rims, doesnt seem to make my eyes itch or water or dry out
biggrin.gif

Back