If you could live anywhere in the US...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really imagine living anywhere but CA, except I definitely wouldn't mind being closer to the coast. If I were dragged out of the state though, I could go for Chicago or Hawaii.

California (even tho I want to move to the UK).

I'd stay in NorCal if I had to choose. I find folks here more interesting and more relatable. Plus, we have less traffic.
smile.gif

But SoCal has such nice scenery...and people were really laid back every time I go there.

I've been to Hawaii and that place is real nice but the weather is brutal. I heard Florida and the Southern states are the same... too hot for my ass.

I've been to California before.... floods, mud slides, el nino's, fires.... earth quakes....
biggrin.gif

Washington state because I have heard from many people that have lived there the weather is beautiful, not as rainy as most people say it is and you are a drive away from mountains.

NYC for sure. Manhattan is where I'd love to be living. I want to make that dream a reality!

I'm moving to Charlotte, NC next summer! Haven't been there yet ( goin in Dec. to visit and househunt ) but have heard nuthin but good things! Good schools, great locale, booming real estate....Can't wait!

I am in love with Denver, Colorado. If I had to move to the USA, and could live anywhere, I'd definitley pick that city.
smile.gif
I try and visit at least 3 times a year. It's beautiful down there, and it reminds me a lot of my province up here in Canada.

I SO know!

Solana Beach, California, just north of San Diego, and south of Cardiff!

this area has already been noted as having the most perfect climate in the US. where it averages around 75-80 year round. everyone there is beautiful and nice and a great scene, whether you are into being sporty, or natural, or social or party crazy.

it's 15 minutes from San Diego, 1 1/2 hours from LA, 2 hours from Mexico, 2 hours from palm springs, and 4 hours from Vegas.

my best friend and her husband just moved there and within a week she basically met all these amazing people, and i want to up and move so badly!

If your from the Bay Area, it's the same price to live there as it is in Walnut Creek, witht he exception that Solana Beach is on the Beach!

CALIFORNIA !! I absolutely LOVE Portland, OR, but California is where I started my life after moving to the States, so it is my adoptive home and I have a very very special place for it in my heart.

I'd like to move to FL. I love the sunny/warm weather, the beaches, everyone's more laid back, less pollution than nyc (not having to shovel the driveway when it snows) Cali would be my 2nd choice.

Altho I was contemplating on wanting to live in UK or Australia. Definitely a big decision on that one since it's outta the country! lol

I really appreciate your answers guys! I never thought NJ was so nice. I'll have to investigate the state more.

California is beautiful, but I'd rather not die in a state I already know like the back of my hand. I was also considering Arizona...anyone from there??

I liked AZ alright, but it looks very dead no matter where you go. It is hot, but it's dry heat, and honestly, it makes a difference, so it doesn't feel as hot as the more humid states.

I lived in Hawaii for like, 3 months, but I didn't like it either. Once you get over "OMG, the beach", and I was born on a beach, raised on a beach, and when I moved to NJ, I lived on a beach, it was nothing special AT all. Hawaii is really small, and you're limited with your options on white people with a passion.

Anyway, when it really comes down to it, NJ is sort of like California. We don't have big, well known cities, but the entire state is a metro area, surrounded by Philly and NYC. The big difference is that NJ doesn't have earth quakes, it has beaches that are actually usable. NJ is just A LOT smaller, so to get to a different area, you drive maybe 3 hours. To get to the southern most point of Jersey it's three hours, to get across the state, it's like an hour. I want to move back. Probably somewhere in Bergen County, but maybe not since it is extremely expensive -- lots of rich people, haha.

Originally Posted by Solimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I liked AZ alright, but it looks very dead no matter where you go. It is hot, but it's dry heat, and honestly, it makes a difference, so it doesn't feel as hot as the more humid states. Yeah, AZ is very dead. I only saw Tucson though so I'd imagine the mountains have some vegetation..

Hmm I am originally from PA but I would really like to move back to the Mississippi Gulf Coast!

I'd love to move to the US so bad that i wouldnt be fussy with what state haha but ideally i'd love to move to Florida
biggrin.gif

Maine....at the Canadian/US border.....as close to home as possible!

Back