I'm a boy but I want to look like a girl - I need fashion/makeup tips!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I view this as a very inappropriate comment, and as someone who is transgendered, I'll tell you that it's very rude, not to mention judgmental. Who do you think you are to judge anyone else? And Jesus never once said anything about transgendered people.
Please don't read anymore into this that what is written. There were no judgements made.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Please don't read anymore into this that what is written. There were no judgements made.
I have to respectfully disagree, very strongly. If you'd lived my life, you'd recognize it too. Clueless people who are not transgendered often make judgmental comments about us without realizing it simply because they're so used to thinking of themselves as having the right to look down on others and judge them just because they think that their religious beliefs make them somehow right and superior.

I'm not saying that she intended it to be judgemental, but it is indeed, and it's rude.

I have to respectfully disagree, very strongly. If you'd lived my life, you'd recognize it too. Clueless people who are not transgendered often make judgmental comments about us without realizing it simply because they're so used to thinking of themselves as having the right to look down on others and judge them just because they think that their religious beliefs make them somehow right and superior. I'm not saying that she intended it to be judgemental, but it is indeed, and it's rude.
I personally like to take the high road and think people have good intentions. I was at the bank a few weeks ago and an older man was very loud in talking but he was complimenting all the women. An older woman looked at me quizzically. I said he was complimenting and not insulting. You should respond appropriately. People now assume that all actions by others towards them is an assault. That is a sad state of society we have arrived at.

Yes golds and browns for eyeshadow, even a dark orange, the kind with a brown tone, not dayglow orange.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally like to take the high road and think people have good intentions. I was at the bank a few weeks ago and an older man was very loud in talking but he was complimenting all the women. An older woman looked at me quizzically. I said he was complimenting and not insulting. You should respond appropriately. People now assume that all actions by others towards them is an assault. That is a sad state of society we have arrived at.
I too try to give the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, I know better, too much experience with this in my life to think that it wasn't intended as subtle condemnation. As an older transgender person, I've unfortunately been on the receiving end of stuff like that many times (and worse), and I recognize it for what it is, and I speak up when it happens, regardless of whether it's to me or someone else. Letting it slide only makes things worse. Silence implies acceptance and affirmation of rude behavior.

This thread is surely getting around the block, still given the running time it is not that surprising.

Anyway, the most important make up tip, and surprisingly it has not been mentioned ,  is having patience.  And more patience.  We were not brought up with a bruch in hand.

~Samm

I think you look great! I think if you look on youtube you will be able to find some really great stuff. I dont know what the rules are for posting links so remove this if its wrong but there is a girl on youtube who does great makeup tutorials. She even turns herself into male celebrities using makeup!

Following some of her tips should help.  http://www.youtube.com/user/dope2111

i m ankit but i want to look like girl .so give me advice that what can i do .or i also want that some girl put make on me and look me like girl

Back