I'm an AUNT - 11 nieces and nephews!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for your wishes and support and words of wisdom! Since she had 11 pups, she has gotten to the point where she has tried to push three to four aside. She actually carried them upstairs to my parents closet. We brought them back down and they're all good and well, for now. I'm starting to feel like I've got post-partum depression, though. The thought of losing a pup would just kill me. I guess, because I am not a dog, I can't understand the tendencies of animals. It's so difficult. I know I have to let her do what she is going to do for the good of the other pups, but I feel like I will be personally responsible if we lose any of them. My hope is that she will allow them all to hang in there until Tuesday when they all have their first doctors appt. I could never be in the medical field. I would go bonkers. I'm far too sensitive when it comes to caregiving. If my parents ever breed again, I will not be around to see it. I just don't understand how a mother can abandon her young. I'm seriously down about this and I don't know what to do. My biggest worry comes when I have to go to work all week and my 16 year old brother is left to care for them. I told my mother that I couldn't come home until after she has and made sure all the pups were there and/or if any were found dead (chills run up my spine as I type this, but I fear it is inevitable) they have been removed from my sight. I just can't bear to see it. I can probably more easily put the pup down than see the mother abandon it or *kill* (cringe) it. I seriously wonder if I will be haunted by this. If I had been warned of this before I had gotten involved it would be different, but unfortunately pups don't come with disclaimers. I'm so sad. :icon_sad: I don't know what to do. Well, I'm going to go send my son for a bath, then shower myself and hit the hay. Thank you sooooooo much. It's so good to hear from you!!

Precious had her post-welping visit yesterday and the pups had theirs today. They are all extremely healthy. Precious is producing plenty of milk and the pups are gaining weight. The vet said that Precious's attempts to relocate the pups were only to find a new place to settle. Now that my brother is the only one home during the day, she is much more settled in her current position. I am super suprised and so proud of my 16 y/o brother. I feel so relieved, but I am still aware of the possibility that something may change. We're feeding a few from the bottle every now and then to give poor Precious a break. You can tell she is so relieved. She can run now!! She takes breaks from her kids. I think she's got a great family to help her out!!

The pups are so adorable! Good work Melissa and Precious! Congrats! I love Boxers!

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! they are soooo cute. i love how they're drinking outta the bottle.

you look just like your dad, by the way!

o ... when i saw the title i thought ....babies ... not pups ...

.... they look super cute in the pics .... congrats

so sweet! I want updates on the beautiful pups! Precious does look so refined! But poor thing she also looks exhausted! I hope all goes well and and can't wait to hear how they are all doing! Congrats!

aaaaah they are SO cute! I wouldn't get anything done if I had puppies like that around, I'd be cuddling them all day long they're adorable !!

Here's a cute one I had to share. The pups are getting so big. They turned 1 week old Friday and they should be opening their eyes sometime over the next week or two. They're trying to stand up on all 4 and it's just so cute.

PICT0577.jpg

Back