I'm an AUNT - 11 nieces and nephews!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news today. One of the pups is in very bad health. It is one of the females and apparently there was some sort of trauma. We took her to the Emergency Vet ($95....that sucked, but I had to know what was wrong) and she is having a very hard time breathing. Last night Precious laid down to feed them and I'd like to think accidentally laid on this one. I feel so bad because I heard a pup barking and I feel like I could've reacted faster. Basically, there is not much that a vet can do that wouldn't further traumatize the pup. I'm very sad. My brother chose to take the pup home. So, basically we have to watch it pass. I've never had this happen before.

OMG Mel this is such sad news,I can only imagine how awful you must feel. I hope there is a miracle waiting around the corner for the little baby and if not I hope she goes peacefully to Rainbow bridge.*hugs*

Thank you Polona!

Well, I was sitting here trying to distract myself when all of a sudden I heard my hard a$$ 16 year old younger brother crying...bawling....from upstairs. The puppy is spewing (for lack of a better) word blood from its mouth and nearing her entrance into puppy heaven. I feel so sad. However the doctor did say that getting rid of the fluids might be good for the pup. I still pray the pup takes a turn for the better. You never know. I just pray that she doesn't suffer. I'll keep you posted.

My dad is in there with my brother right now or else I'd be there consoling him. That and the fact that.....I have a hard time witnessing things like that. I could never be a vet or a doctor.

Oh how sad is this,I feel like crying myself:(

I certainly am not trying to be a smartass,but I was thinking if the vet was really sure he can't help,why didn't he let the baby go in peace instead of putting your whole family through this?

I'm praying like crazy for her to get better,Mango is with me on this one!:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

The pup has passed....just moments as I typed my last post. The situation got even worse and it's far too graphic to go into. My brother held in his arms and cleaned the blood off of her and we gave her a proper burial. It was so sad. I'm going to have puffy eyes. Needless to say, I won't be taking pics of my makeup collection or my face for a few days. It's a sad sad feeling that I won't go into detail, but I just don't want to have to go through that again.

My mom said Precious went up there and cried....you know how dogs cry and that there were literally tears coming out of her eyes (is that even possible...my mom has a slight tendency to exaggerate).

If I'm MIA for a few days, it's just because I'm sad.

Hugs!

I know what you mean. My brother chose to take the pup home. I asked the vet what we might have in store for us, but he was uncertain. I warned my brother that it's not going to be easy. He still insisted. Now I'm kinda glad he chose that option. Even though it was extremely difficult to lay the pup to rest at least we got to say our goodbyes and give it a proper burial. To be honest, it has made me think twice about being cremated myself. I've only been to one funeral for a family member and I was 10 years old. The only other funeral I attended was for a friend's father. I was mainly there for support. I now realize the importance and the ritual of the funeral/burial.

Polona and Zoey, I thank you for the bottom of our hearts.

OMG Mel,I'm so sorry for the little girl,but she is in doggie heaven now,I know a lot of awesome dogs there and they will take care of her,I promise!

Run free little baby!

My heart is with you Mel and your family! :hug:

im so sorry mel... this is some very bad and sad news , i understand u dont want to get into details and i understand if ur on for a couple of days, you just need to relax and take it easy i know its hard so so so so so sorry u and ur family had to go through this escp precious ( poor thing) i will pray for u to get better , hang in there!

aww mel i feel so sorry for you and your family. i'll keep you in my prayers--just know your puppy is in a better place now and isn't hurting anymore (i'll try to send some vibes for my old collie up there to take care of the newest pup in doggie heaven). major ((HUGS)) your way...

http://www.petloss.com/

^^maybe this may be of some help

Awww, thanks J! It's not that I didn't want to get into the details, but moreso to spare yall! I've actually found that it's better that I hang in here with MUT because of users like you who bring me up when I'm down!

I'm feelin' the love!!

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. I know she is resting in the high Heavens above and I hope she meets up with your Collie. Thank you so much again!

I'm SO SORRY Mel. This has to be so hard. Sometimes I don't understand nature but that might be because I'm too sefish and don't really WANT to understand.

BIG BIG HUGSSSSS! Ohh geez now I'm crying. I'm sorry girlie. This is so sad. I'm here for you if you need to talk. Huggss!:hug: :hug: :hug:

I just read about your pup on your haul post and rushed to this thread.

I am so sorry about your pup Mel! {{{HUGS}}}, I hope you feel better by now:hug: .

I'm scared about losing puppies, I have a pregnant dog as well now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I am so sorry Melissa..we have lost a couple of pups at times..and it just hurts...:icon_cry: I will say a lil prayer for you...

Back