Im so sad

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely get all your medical records before they have time to alter them and speak with malpractice lawyer, see if the medical board has anything on him, seek out 2nd opinion to see what can be done to fix. Another doctor saying he screwed up is the ticket but difficult to get them to do that sometimes, but not impossible. So sorry you are dealing with this.

Im 38 my biological clock is ticking I don't have time to investigate records and see lawyers to try and see if i can even sue

Im sure you have plenty of time, lots of women are having babies being nearly 50 years old. Why dont you look into it and see how long it would take to possibly bring up charges and get a settlement. You should at least give it a try, you may be helping other women from going through what you are going through right now.

Aww...Ricci! That's so horrible! I would feel so violated!
frown.gif

I really hope that you're able to get some sort of compensation!

That really is a shame.

Have you considered adoption? I know it's not the same as giving birth to the child and having a blood relation to them, but you'd be saving a child from a horrible life in foster care. Many foster kids are practically shipped from one house the other other. If I were in your predicament and wanted another child I would consider adoption. Every child deserves a chance at having a good life, and having the option of giving them a good life would be the best feeling in the world.

I found exactly out what procedure it was today

when i was told in the hospital I was so loopy on morphine It didt register what he has told me

Fimbriectomy

Im so freaken upset

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I've been a victim of malpractice and it affected me horribly for a whole year. It's affecting your life so much more and I can barely imagine the pain you feel.

I agree with considering adoption. However it's a really sensitive issue but there might be a child already waiting for you, waiting to meet you. You should keep that in mind through all of this.

If you can afford a laywer you should look into it, to at least get some monetary benefit, with which you could get the in vitro fertilization (costs from $5,000 - $10,000).

Good luck, I hope you feel better.

Here's some info on what you have :

Tubal Reversal After Fimbriectomy Tubal Ligation

If your doctor said its non-reversible, you might want to get a 2nd opinion.

Hello Ricci!

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. However, don't give up yet. It is possible that what you have been told is the last word, except there may be lots of exceptions. Go to somewhere like the UCLA University hospital and get a second opinion. You can also go to other University hospitals like Princeton, Harvard or Stanford. It may cost a bit, but University hospitals are the cutting edge of medicine and would probably take your case if their students could learn from your procedure and they thought you could be reversed. Best of luck to you Ricci! We are praying for you and hoping for a new post with better results. Keep your head up!

Charlie

I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree that you should review your medical records as well as those on file with the respective office(s) and take them to an attorney. I would not reveal your intentions as in this day law suits are so prevalent you might get a "slow response" or uncooperative doctors. Though they are YOUR records and they are obliged to share them upon your request, that's not to say you won't be calling repeatedly because someone "forgot" or they must have "gotten lost in the mail". If in fact it appears as negligence on their part, I would thoroughly research your options to conceive and sue them for the respective dollar amount as well as your legal fees. That's just what I would do. Also, check out lawyers.com for legal "advice" on your situation. They may be able to steer you in the right direction as to what types of do***entation, information, etc. you'll need as well as precedents set in other similar cases and the level of involvement it will require to overcome the battle.

Best of luck and big hugs!

Back