IMATS NYC 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @zadidoll  My mom and I are attending IMATS on Saturday. What time do you think we should be there? I want to get in as soon as I can to avoid as many lines as possible 
smilehappyyes.gif

I've never been to the NYC one however if it's anything like the LA one and considering Saturday is sold out over a month in advance... at least an hour and a half early to two hour early. It'll be cold still in March so wear something warm.

where the heck do i find these people who sell them lol i'm afraid craigslist people might be fake trying to get money. 

At IMATS lines or on IMATS FB wall. Sometimes people will sell there. Just make sure if you do buy from someone that you verify the tickets are real before you shell out any money.

Quote: Originally Posted by mcabbotts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  where the heck do i find these people who sell them lol i'm afraid craigslist people might be fake trying to get money. 
Be careful with this because IMATS changed the vendor of their tickets from Makeup Mag to ShowClix and all tickets not from Showclix are now voided. 

Ooh man...ok thank you for telling me that! That would be our luck to get a ticket she couldn't use.

I'll be attending IMATS NYC 2014 on Sunday. I am looking for a ticket for Saturday. If anyone knows of someone who is selling theirs please let me know. I will be more than happy to purchase it for above selling price. 

if anyone has 3 tickets for either saturday or sunday let me know! i was going to buy tickets but right when i clicked on the link, it said sold out :-( 

Quote: Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been to IMATS NY 2013 to see what the difference is.

Since you have an idea of  IMATS LA, NY is a smaller event, with booths already closed the second day.

I went with my sister-in-law and she enjoyed it because it was her first time to be in that kind of event. Lots of YT gurus, makeup artists and celebrities as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are few photos we took in IMATS NY 2013.

To sum it up, all IMATS are basically the same, only differs with participating vendors.

Check out A Rookie's Guide to IMATS here.

Have fun!

Thanks for the info it's my first IMATS BUT ive been passing up previous events because it was very small compared to LA but I think this year is the YEAR!!!! Anastasia, SIGMA and a lot of companies that stay on the west coast are finally coming down to NYC so this year may be worth it... So I hope!

Quote: Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't go last year, but I'm planning to go this year... It seems as tho IMATS has more vendors listed than The Makeup Show NYC.

It's been like that for years but I noticed more exclusive vendors go to the makeup show ie NARS

Quote: Originally Posted by FrendsBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We'll be there! Drop by booth 730 and say hey! We'll have a bunch of goodies marked down significantly. We'll also have music, some champagne, and other cool things. Might do some giveaways too. And @beatfacehoney and @rennyvasquez will also be in the booth! =)

I am so there I love those dynamic duo!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by MsKina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info it's my first IMATS BUT ive been passing up previous events because it was very small compared to LA but I think this year is the YEAR!!!! Anastasia, SIGMA and a lot of companies that stay on the west coast are finally coming down to NYC so this year may be worth it... So I hope!
That's cool! Would have wanted to go too but it would be fun to check out another IMATS. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Heeehee!

I hope you have fun! We really did and even gotten close with some celebrities!
smile.gif

Take lots of pictures and share them here, if you may! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MsKina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so there I love those dynamic duo!!!!
Awesome see you there!!!

Ive been to IMATS IN NY AND LONDON. NY is getting bigger and better every year! More new vendors this year like Sugarpill and Limecrime! I have yet to go to LA but I can tell you that NY is soon going to be bigger than LA! I didn't even get a chance to buy my ticket as it already sold out almost a month ago. The good news is I was just approved for my pro card which affords me the opportunity to go to pro social which is held the day before to working professional. I love shopping and networking with some of the industry best without the hassle of the lines… I can still buy a ticket to sat or sunday provided they still have some ticket available allotted only for muas who have pro card. the energy is so intense and full on sat and sun. Note that they lines are very long and things often sell out on sat. Some vendors also give extra discount on pro night as well! I am officially a makeup tradeshow whore!!!! I love everything about it! I so awesome to meet news people, be surrounded by all that amazing makeup, attend workshops, watch live demo, and of course buy makeup at a discount!!! 
tongue.gif
heart.gif
 I also had a blast at IMATS LONDON too vibe was a little different but and awesome experience nonetheless! I encourage all to attend at least once!

Does anyone happen to have any information about the NYX event that was held in LA this year? I'd like to go to that party, but have not heard a thing about it yet. Do you think they'll have one (the one that was joint with NYX & NuMe)? Do we need to call NYX for a ticket, hold our breath for an invite, or just show up with our pro card (assuming there will be one). I'm excited to try so many new vendors who are cruelty free! NYC, here I come!!

I got my ticket for IMATS New York for Saturday and my friend didn't get hers in time and now its sold out :-( we are coming from Michigan and had already booked our flight and hotel so now we are praying someone will sell us their ticket :-( If you hear anything keep me in mind! We only need one. If she can't find one, I guess I will be by my lonesome :-/
Check out the IMATS NYC event page on facebook. I know some girls are selling their tickets on there. I got mine from someone on there! Can't wait to go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only got one so I'm going by my lonesome too! LOL. I dont even care being alone, just as long as I get to go, I'll be happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wish I knew… when you find out let me know! I saw the stuff they were giving out in those gift bags and it was insane! lol I can't wait for next month to come! It's going to be off the chain!!!

Hi ladies, I am super excited to go back! PM me if you wasn't about to score a ticket because it sold out! I have a great way for you to still attend and get all the products your pockets can afford and you heart will love! Guaranteed to have an awesome experience! Pm for more details! Thank you for your time and consideration!

Back