IMATS NYC April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm using Hotels.com, Priceline.com and Orbitz.com to check for prices but the info is based from hotels near 711 12th Avenue New York NY 10019. Pier 94 - 711 12th Avenue New York NY 10019. The least expensive hotel I'm finding near Pier 94 is called Hudson and the nightly rates as of right now are $197 per night. The Holiday Inn which is closer to Pier 94 is $228 per night. Hotel Carter is a little over 1 1/2 miles but it's $106 a night. There is another one called New York Inn and that's $155 per night.
did those hotels have good ratings? I'm so worried about staying at different brands other than Marriott (I guess I'm biased since I've worked for them) and them being a horrible expierence. My friend and I are splitting a room thats $260... $300 after taxes not including $50 parking.

I just checked the Holiday Inn site for rooms and they said they had none available for the night of the 6th
icon_cry.gif

I spent 30 days in a dive highway motel on a shoot once. So it doesn't matter to me if it's a hotel or motel... It's just the one months' rent for a night in a hotel that is the hard pill to swallow...

Originally Posted by hisprmami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did those hotels have good ratings? I'm so worried about staying at different brands other than Marriott (I guess I'm biased since I've worked for them) and them being a horrible expierence. My friend and I are splitting a room thats $260... $300 after taxes not including $50 parking.
I also work for Marriott and feel the same way!  Atleast I know with Marriott (or even hilton, our sworn enemy, lol) the place has standards and is honestly clean. I just wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Hotel Carter has rooms still from the 5th through the 8th for $98. Here's a picture from their site of the type of room it is

Hotel Carter 250 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036

Holiday Inn also has rooms from the 5th to the 8th but that's $228 per night.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/reservation/roomrate

For Vogueboy I'm thinking at least the 5th since that's Pro Day and since you probably have a Makeup Artist Magazine pro card you can get in that day which would be best for you.

Ink48 is the closest hotel according to several maps (including Google).

http://findhotelsnearanaddress.com/pier-94-nyc.htm

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spent 30 days in a dive highway motel on a shoot once. So it doesn't matter to me if it's a hotel or motel... It's just the one months' rent for a night in a hotel that is the hard pill to swallow...
Yeah, it def is pricey. I hope you're able to find something suitable.

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also work for Marriott and feel the same way!  Atleast I know with Marriott (or even hilton, our sworn enemy, lol) the place has standards and is honestly clean. I just wouldn't want to have it any other way.
All the Hiltons wer sold out in the area! I wish I lived that close to the city. I'll have to deal with all the craziness and expensive rooms but I'm sure it will be fun.

I'm fortunate enough to only live 2 hrs out of the city so I think we're just gonna go for one day and make a big thing of it and drive there and home. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Our Social Media Manager will be there to cover it for MUT, if you see her (yellow badge) say hi! I've asked MakeUp Artist Magazine if they knew when the partner hotel list will be up, still waiting to hear back from that.

I'll be going to IMATS Vancouver since it's closest to me. I just need my Enhanced License.
So glad to hear that you are going to the IMATS in Vancouver, zadidoll!  Maybe we will bump into each other.  Do you think there will be any meetups or receptions open to the general public?

I don't know to be honest. Depends on who is going to be there and who is doing what. I won't hear of anything until it's closer to IMATS Vancouver.

Originally Posted by macstarlite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live on Long Island so I dont need a hotel but i'm going & bringing around 400 cash.
Same here!! I live on Long Island and just got my tickets a few days ago :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Think I'm going to bring around 300-400 cash. This is my first time going, so I'm super excited!

I live in a hotel area in Queens, it's just 2 train stops from midtown and it is considerably cheaper than staying in the city, it's Long Island City, you should check it out there are good hotels around

If you mean a budget for actual purchases (not travel related etc)... I am trying to figure that out myself! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope to attend IMATS NYC for the first time ! I am running the exhibitor list and checking them out online... There should be deals at IMATS but this will give you a basic idea of what they carry in general and how much they normally charge for the stuff. It's not a perfect system, but I think it will be a good guide.  They may not have everything there and there may be better deals but it will give you a rough estimate.

It's my first time going and I'm ridiculously excited.  I'm going through all the vendors right now and starting my wishlist.  I know there's no possible way I can get everything I want but I am hoping to be able to bring about $500.

I am currently in Brooklyn for work until May and will be here for IMATS, I would love to meet up with anyone else attending!

Back