IMATS NYC April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are plenty of hotels in NYC to pick from just shop around. Last year I was a vendor and I stayed on the Jersey side. There is a frerry that cost $2.50 each way and takes you to the Pier. It's a water taxi.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ink48 is the closest hotel according to several maps (including Google).

http://findhotelsnearanaddress.com/pier-94-nyc.htm
So IMATS website finally has hotel info up, not sure when they updated it but one of the accommodations promo code ends in two days.

Accommodations

IMATS is partnering with Ink48 Hotel (below) to bring our guests special room rates. Located in Midtown Manhattan (653 11th Ave.), this boutique hotel has sweeping views of the city and Hudson River and is a top-ranked hotel on TripAdvisor. Other features include a hosted evening wine hour, onsite spa, complimentary fitness center and bicycles for pedaling Manhattan.

IMATS New York Travel: Ink48 room

Guests may make reservations directly with the hotel by following this link. You may also call (877) 843-8869. Request the group rate for IMATS Call In Block, which is $299 a night for a single king-size-bed room. The rate for a double/double is $329 a night. OFFER IS ONLY VALID UNTIL MARCH 4, 2013 at 5 p.m. EST.

Click here for information on other local area hotels. - See more at: http://www.imats.net/newyork/newyork_travel.php#sthash.vcL4EaOU.dpuf
Note: As of this post the hotel seems to be sold out.

My friend and I just bought our tickets to IMATS yesterday!! We are so excited and anxious to go! Less than a month to go!

I stayed at Ink48 last IMATS, it was amazing. One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in!

I'm so excited!!!! Can't wait to tackle INGLOT :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
heart.gif

You'll want to hit that early because if the NYC show is anything like LA there will be a line wrapped around their booth.

I think my friend and I will be traveling the furthest to attend IMATS NY...we are coming from Georgia! It's a long way to go for a trade show, but unfortunately there isn't a closer option (maybe The Makeup Show in Orlando). We are splitting the cost of our room, but it was somewhat pricey (2 nights will cost us about $220 each person plus tax...about $252). We ended up getting a room relatively close to where IMATS is being held with a Hilton hotel just for convenience sake. I've been trying to research what to expect when attending IMATS such as how early should we arrive (not sure if people are lined up hours before registration begins or if you can arrive maybe 30 minutes early and not be stuck in a line that wraps around the building) and trying to figure out what booths to hit first due to popularity. I know Inglot is one that I want to visit because I have never tried their products, but have been dying to! 

Originally Posted by ButterflyEyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think my friend and I will be traveling the furthest to attend IMATS NY...we are coming from Georgia! It's a long way to go for a trade show, but unfortunately there isn't a closer option (maybe The Makeup Show in Orlando). We are splitting the cost of our room, but it was somewhat pricey (2 nights will cost us about $220 each person plus tax...about $252). We ended up getting a room relatively close to where IMATS is being held with a Hilton hotel just for convenience sake. I've been trying to research what to expect when attending IMATS such as how early should we arrive (not sure if people are lined up hours before registration begins or if you can arrive maybe 30 minutes early and not be stuck in a line that wraps around the building) and trying to figure out what booths to hit first due to popularity. I know Inglot is one that I want to visit because I have never tried their products, but have been dying to! 
 ​

If you arrive the day before pick up your passes then as it'll be easier then trying to pick them up the day of. If you don't have tickets to it NOW you're out of luck getting in because it's SOLD OUT.

Know the floor plan. Unlike IMATS LA, NYC is a little more streamlined however the floor plan at NY maybe more crowded.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

​

If you arrive the day before pick up your passes then as it'll be easier then trying to pick them up the day of. If you don't have tickets to it NOW you're out of luck getting in because it's SOLD OUT.

Know the floor plan. Unlike IMATS LA, NYC is a little more streamlined however the floor plan at NY maybe more crowded.
Good to know that we can pick up our passes the day before! We fly in early Friday morning so if we can pick them up on Friday that would be perfect! Luckily, we purchased them about a month ago...I had a feeling it would sell out and I didn't want to risk it. 

Originally Posted by Pirilan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in a hotel area in Queens, it's just 2 train stops from midtown and it is considerably cheaper than staying in the city, it's Long Island City, you should check it out there are good hotels around
I am originally from Long Island! My mother was from Queens!

Back