Indiespensable

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Quarterly subscription says the next Book Riot box ships next month. Is that correct? I was thinking it would be June. 
Mine says that too but Quarterly is a little haphazard with their shipment schedule so I don't trust it's shipping until I get the billing confirmation.

It depends on the curator but I've had some boxes pushed out a few months and it's pretty casual. I have not ordered Book Riot before but I have a lot of other Quarterly subs that I've already received. 

Book Riot has introduced Riot Reads.. It's monthly through quarterly(huh) but they will all be new books with special content on Book Riot.

Book Riot has introduced Riot Reads.. It's monthly through quarterly(huh) but they will all be new books with special content on Book Riot.
Saw this Book Riot's Facebook this morning.  Can't decide whether I like the idea or not.  I do Parnassus Books' monthly club, which sends out a newly published book, and love that you get an email ahead of time with the selection for the month and can choose decline it.  They don't have special content like Book Riot but I like helping an indie bookstore.  Still debating whether to cancel Book Riot's Quarterly box.  I wasn't very excited with the second box.

I support Indies.. my in town one is Anderson's.. but my vacation plans include stops at Parnassus... Ann Patchett is one of my favorite authors ever, and Square Books in Oxford, MS.  I do give Book Riot credit though they push indie stores pretty hard as many of their contributors work for an indie... And I believe their book links always revert to either Word in Brooklyn or River Run in New Hampshire. 

I wasn't enthused with the 2nd box.... but I'll give it another try. I enjoyed the 1st one quite a bit.

That's so cool you're going to visit Parnassus!  My favorite indie is Book People in Austin but I love visiting others when I travel.  I agree, Book Riot does push indies and I love so much of their content.  I didn't get their first box so I think I'll stick around for the third one and see if it improves.

I feel like indispensable should have been mailed weeks ago. Even knowing the book.. I get so excited for the extras.

I feel like indispensable should have been mailed weeks ago. Even knowing the book.. I get so excited for the extras.
I know, I feel like they keep pushing out Indiespensable. I'm so excited for that book and the extras. I've only heard amazing things from people who have already read it.

Book Riot people: I was charged a week ago for my box but haven't gotten a shipping notice (nor my box) yet. I always forget if they even send a shipping notice. Has anyone gotten a notice or the box yet? 

Book Riot people: I was charged a week ago for my box but haven't gotten a shipping notice (nor my box) yet. I always forget if they even send a shipping notice. Has anyone gotten a notice or the box yet? 
The last quarterly box I got shipped a week exactly after I got charged. I got charged a week from tomorrow so I'll be looking hard then

I just got my shipping notice now. 

I got my Book Riot today. I'm going to cancel. I can't figure out how to do a spoiler on the new MUT, so I'm not going to say anything more, but I'm REALLY disappointed. I also got the Q-Tip Box today and I'm also disappointed in that. I feel like I just threw money away. I'm going to stick with Indiespensible, where at least I know the main book I'm getting and can cancel before hand if needed. 

I got my Book Riot today. I'm going to cancel. I can't figure out how to do a spoiler on the new MUT, so I'm not going to say anything more, but I'm REALLY disappointed. I also got the Q-Tip Box today and I'm also disappointed in that. I feel like I just threw money away. I'm going to stick with Indiespensible, where at least I know the main book I'm getting and can cancel before hand if needed.
Bummed to hear that! I didn't care for second box but hoped they'd redeem themselves with the third box. Wishful thinking...
Found pics on Instagram. Search #BKR03

Last edited by a moderator:
:satisfied:  Volume 48 is The Great Glass Sea by Josh Weil and it ships July 16th.  It sounds interesting.  Getting excited!  

Back