Influenster "Naturals" VoxBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Saw a pic on facebook of what we are getting there is slight variataions. There is a couple full sized products but most are samples. I understand these boxes are free which i appreciate getting a free box to try out but dont understand how some boxes are always full sized and like the mom box and this one are mostly samples. Cant wait to see what comes in mine!
Well spoke to soon i got an awesome box!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=4511384343934&set=o.121533671228703&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

Just got my box in today! I liked mine as well, though actually I wish I could've traded the wax strips out for the lotion. I'm definitely excited to try everything though. :)

I received my box today in the mail. My box included the coconut hair lotion, I am very excited to try it out. 
yey.gif

Oh, I bet my box is waiting for me at the post office! Got a missed delivery slip yesterday, they never bother to put packages in our mail box (apartment complex). 

I'm looking forward to this - it will be my first VoxBox! Dunno when I'll be getting it, though - my profile just says it will be "shipped soon." Already snuck a peek at the products - I'd love to try the hair vitamin supplements, as I have thin hair.

How often are new VoxBoxes released?

I got mine yesterday. I got the hair vitamins, which I have used before.  My box was also missing the GeoDeo, despite it having a card about it in there. I contacted them about the missing product, but they haven't responded yet.

I received mine yesterday, as well.

Maybe I was being childish and pouty, but at first I was kinda dissapointed in it, until I started playing with the contents.  Of course, I didn't get the soap I lusted for, but the coconutty hair lotion I got in its place is awesome.

I hate those stupid hand wipes, though.  I've used them in the past ('cause I got 'em one month in my Birchbox) and hated them then.  I tried the one that I got tonight, and I still hate it.  If you plan on using it in lieu of washing your hands (you know, kinda what they're made for, lol) before eating, don't.  They leave a nasty tasting film on whatever you wipe. 
scream3.gif

Yeah i think it was a pretty good box, but nothin like people was thinkin they were goin to get like last years Natural Box everyone looked at.

I am interested in everything in my box except the hair/nail supplement. My hair is thick and grows fast, too fast. To keep my hair the length I like, I have to get it cut every 4-6 weeks. Not sure I'm a good candidate for this product.

I love Lypsyl - was very happy to see that in the box. Looking forward to using the dish drying mat to see if I like it.

Does anyone know how voxbox ships? Also, does influenster post tracking info? I haven't received any shipping notification yet for my box, and if it's through any service that's NOT USPS, the package will just be delivered to my apt leasing office and I'll never know unless I'm given tracking info. :-/ 

Originally Posted by dolceloure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know how voxbox ships? Also, does influenster post tracking info? I haven't received any shipping notification yet for my box, and if it's through any service that's NOT USPS, the package will just be delivered to my apt leasing office and I'll never know unless I'm given tracking info. :-/ 
I have no idea, I was wondering the same thing. I haven't received my package either..

Originally Posted by dolceloure /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering this too, and it's interesting that just after you guys posted this, I got this e-mail today:

Quote: Hope you're having a great week! Thanks to the many Facebook & Twitter pictures, blogs, and videos, we know that many Influensters have already received their Naturals VoxBoxes! We're so glad you're enjoying them, and want to provide a quick program update.But first, if you haven't yet received your box, we promise it'll be there soon! Just can't stand the wait? Follow your tracking number to find out exactly where your box is so you can count down the minutes to its arrival.You can track your box through USPS: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_inputYour tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxxxx

So I went to track my box... and got this:

Package Services
Undeliverable as Addressed
September 12, 2012, 5:05 pm
NEW YORK, NY 10029 
Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Out for Delivery
September 12, 2012, 9:38 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Sorting Complete
September 12, 2012, 9:28 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Arrival at Post Office
September 12, 2012, 8:32 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Electronic Shipping Info Received
September 11, 2012

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility
September 09, 2012, 2:00 pm
SECAUCUS, NJ 07094 

Now I have to get in touch with VoxBox and USPS to figure out what happened. SIGH.

I'd even responded to them when they initially sent out my acceptance e-mail to make sure they got my address right because they're so picky about this in the city. I don't go by my first name, but I generally have to make sure that they use that on all large packages that are sent to me, because I've gotten yelled at before when I went to the post office to retrieve a package that I wasn't at home to receive, and it was addressed to my nickname rather than the name on my ID. SIGH.

And even more ironically... 5 minutes after I posted that, the doorbell rang and it was the mailman delivering my VoxBox. LOL.

I have no idea why the snafu yesterday. I double-checked and the address was fine, and I was home all day so I would have known if the postman had tried to deliver it.

But anyway, I got my box so all is good.

As for the box itself, though... pretty underwhelmed.

I got the hair supplement pills as my "extra item", which I'm really not thrilled about. It's true that I'm trying to grow my hair back out after having it short for a couple of years, but I also have a lot of body hair so anything that stimulates hair growth makes me wary. I mean... what's to guarantee that the pills work just for my head-hair and not everywhere else, too? Because that's the last thing I'd want in my life right now. Not happy.
I also just realized I didn't actually get the GeoDeo, just a coupon for a free lip balm if I purchase a GeoDeo through drugstore.com, which strikes me as odd because why would I try the product without buying it?

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also just realized I didn't actually get the GeoDeo, just a coupon for a free lip balm if I purchase a GeoDeo through drugstore.com, which strikes me as odd because why would I try the product without buying it?
As an update, I e-mailed Influenster about this and got a response within 5 minutes saying they would send me a replacement.

That is very nice of them! I was inclined to expect a "too bad, so sad" response since the box was free and all, but they were super easy about it. A+, Influenster! Does make up a little bit for the box being so lackluster.

Got my box yesterday.  I got the wax strips, not looking forward to possible pain.  The lotion would have been nicer but I'm glad I didn't get the hair vitamins.  I've already tried the GeoDeo and so far, wonderful.  I'm not sure if it comes in different scents but I got it in Island, which is a nice non-chemical fruity scent.  I was worried about the fruity scent as I typically wear powder scented deodorant, but the fruity scent dissipated quickly once put on and I didn't smell like a fruit all day.  What I'm most surprised about is the GeoDeo really works well...no smelly whatsoever!  Also, no white residue.  Only thing that bothers me is it stays a little sticky, like it hasn't completely dried.  Excited about trying the drying mat and lip balm!  For my first box, I'm happy.    

As an update, I e-mailed Influenster about this and got a response within 5 minutes saying they would send me a replacement.

That is very nice of them! I was inclined to expect a "too bad, so sad" response since the box was free and all, but they were super easy about it. A+, Influenster! Does make up a little bit for the box being so lackluster.
Cool they are sending you a replacement.  The GeoDeo is worth trying.

I was wondering this too, and it's interesting that just after you guys posted this, I got this e-mail today:

So I went to track my box... and got this:

Package Services
Undeliverable as Addressed
September 12, 2012, 5:05 pm
NEW YORK, NY 10029 
Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Out for Delivery
September 12, 2012, 9:38 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Sorting Complete
September 12, 2012, 9:28 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Arrival at Post Office
September 12, 2012, 8:32 am
NEW YORK, NY 10029 

Electronic Shipping Info Received
September 11, 2012

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility
September 09, 2012, 2:00 pm
SECAUCUS, NJ 07094 

Now I have to get in touch with VoxBox and USPS to figure out what happened. SIGH.

I'd even responded to them when they initially sent out my acceptance e-mail to make sure they got my address right because they're so picky about this in the city. I don't go by my first name, but I generally have to make sure that they use that on all large packages that are sent to me, because I've gotten yelled at before when I went to the post office to retrieve a package that I wasn't at home to receive, and it was addressed to my nickname rather than the name on my ID. SIGH.
After I posted I got the email too, lol. Then I checked my delivery status and it was in the post office! Part of me wanted ride my bike over there and be like "voxbox please!!!" but I suppose I can wait a bit longer for them to bring it here themselves. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got mine today! I'm actually really excited. I got two of the GeoDeos, a LypSyl (full size I believe), eBoost sample, dish drying mat, a sample of the sweetner, the wax strips and one whole sanitizing wipe! And the coupon thing. I feel like I got too much stuff!

I've only tried the LypSyl so far and it's great. I've emailed the company to find out if it is a cruelty-free product/if any ingredients are animal-derived. I guess it's good enough that my dog loved it, she was climbing all over me after I put it on, trying to either lick my lips or get the tube. Not that I could really call her picky, but I guess that means it's good stuff? Haha.

Back