Iphone or Blackberry?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol I have neither. I have a 'smart phone' It's a Nokia E71 and I can do all the things you want to do listed up. It's verrrry similar to a blackberry and I have no problems with it. I do everything on it PLUS you can get cheaper plans with it over the blackberry/iphone.

Im more of a Blackberry user. It's a lot button usable
smile.gif

iPhone here. I liked the screen better and it was easier for me to see. I use mine for a phone, but also use the google search and can get realtime video of where I surf. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to the iPhone, but I love it. Both of my boys and my DIL have the iPhone. My oldest is a computer engineer and he loves his.

I have a BlackBerry Curve and I have to say that I am sometimes amazed by the functions and sometimes I want to crush it underneath my boots. The keyboard is great, texting works okay, but my phone has a tendency to do what is called "Hourglassing" when the little hourglass icon spins and spins for hours and you cannot do anything, not even turn the phone off unless you pop the battery out of the back. T-mobile has already replaced my BB within 6 months of ownership because of the hourglass issue, but it started doing it again just recently. What scares me is that if I have an emergency, I would not be able to make a call, not even a 911 call. I have been stuck at train stops when the trains broke down and could not call anyone to pick me up. I took the battery out of my phone, popped it back in and it took 15 minutes or so for the phone to get back to normal functions. I haven't heard too many people complain about iPhone service or issues with freezing, but I don't know too many people with iPhones. Most people at my workplace have Blackberries issued by the company so that they can use the Enterprise service for corporate emailing. I now wish that I did not buy my own phone and would have asked for a company issued phone so I could have at least tried the phone out for myself. T-mobile is pretty difficult when it comes to trying to get an upgrade or a different phone without charging you full price for the phone, even though the phone you have is faulty. I asked them if I could try another model to see if it worked better and they would not exchange it. I told them I would pay the difference and that didn't even help. Go onto Cnet.com and check out the reviews for cell phones, they are a really reliable resource for electronics reviews.

Good luck , let us know what you choose.

Honestly, i'm one of those very annoying people that just can't be found using Itunes, so there's no way i get an iphone. Besides, it's not the only smartphone on the market, so i'm tempted to check the others first, they want to compete the iphone so i think they can make interesting offers.

I was all ready to get a Blackberry until my bf decided he had his heart set on iPhones. I <3 my iPhone. I think the texting keypad is probably a little less functional than the blackberry, but I like the touch screen, display, and I'm an app fiend. I play a ton of games, I have the Amazon Kindle on my iPhone, and read in line, etc. Now that all the commercials are out for the Droids, though--I'm really curious how those are...

Considering we have both, I'd recommend the Iphone for browsing and a blackberry for texting. In my case, I text more often than browse so the BB is perfect.

They both have different features and benefits as most of the users here have pointed out. I've had the Iphone and wasnt too keen on it, I much prefer my blackberry...BBM is the GREATEST thing ever!

i've played with both, never owned either. one of my best friends has the blackberry curve and i just find it soooo complicated to use, the navigation is really hard and nowhere near as easy or intuitive as an iphone. but then iphones have the fragile screen.
frown.gif
lol sorry this didn't help!

I was so anti-iPhone because it was touch screen and I just never was a fan of an exposed screen. Plus I love a full keyboard since it's so easy to type too without looking down at it.

I contemplated for a year on getting an iPhone or sticking with something like a BB.

Anyways, iPhone all the way! I hardly ever use my laptop now because my iPhone's internet is just as fast and shows everything perfectly (minus flash player) and it's WAY better then BB's internet. A lot of sites cater to iPhone's format so it's easy to get around. All the apps I own are very useful to my daily activities from shopping, organizing, weight stuff, finances, entertainment...(they got a starbucks one, Rosie! lol). Plus:

-iTunes (I use it as my music player on the go)

-GPS (google maps is pretty good and there are plenty of apps you can get)

-Plays youtube/movies/shows and also records a good amount of clips (good for on the road or bored) I've been able to watch online shows on it too because of quicktime which is neat.

-Very easy to navigate and simplistic format. So easy, the instructions it came with where like 3 sentences long total.

Overall pro: Great all in one gadget.

Cons:

-The screen. I just get really nervous of accidently dropping it and it shattering because the screen is glass or whatever, but I have put screen protectors and casing for it. I take care of my things anyways, so I'm not that prone to breakage but accidents do happen.

-Keyboard. Probably the biggest gripe with iPhones user or touch screen phones in general, with texting it's not a problem but it kinda sucks you have to look at the screen in order not to accidently push other buttons but you get use to it over time (doesn't mean I love it)

-Cost... for me, it's just pricey. If they knocked down the data cost then it would be perfectly priced but AT&T sucks ass that way.

So if you need a phone for the basics (texting, calls and some decent internet data) I would go with any other phone. But if you like that and more then that...iPhone.

This is coming from a person who could care less of phones - now I'm in LOVE with mines.

Oh, in terms of blogging - I dunno if vox works for it but wordpress does but it doesn't on blogger. Either way, apps are being made left and right so it's probably out there for easy convenience to us bloggers. And I have commented and edited things on this forum using my iPhone. My old phone did so too but it was much, much slower and java/images weren't the best - not sure how BB is with that but for tmobile users it was.

get an iphone. Definetly. iphones have every application you can dream of, that you can do so much with them. blackberries have more glitches too. IPHONE! woooo!

I have the iPhone and like evryone else I love it. I dont think the keyboard is bad at all. I can type pretty quickly on it too and i love that it memorizes all the made up words my friends and I use to text each other. lol

I am always traveling with my bf and the iPhone is AMAZING in helping you get around a new city. I use apps like loopt mix to see other people nearby and find out the hot spots. I use Urbanspoon to find a place to eat, etc.. I also have the kindle on my iPhone but have yet tobuy any books. They have some free titles that I've downloaded and I am impressed. I have a super handy app that converts units of measurement (SO handy!) and my latest favorite the IMDB app!

The one thing I probably use my iPhone the most for is......TWITTER! It's the perfect thing to do when you're bored or out in public and needing to look busy. lol

Not to mention, the iPhone is gorgeous!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was so anti-iPhone because it was touch screen and I just never was a fan of an exposed screen. Plus I love a full keyboard since it's so easy to type too without looking down at it.
I contemplated for a year on getting an iPhone or sticking with something like a BB.

Anyways, iPhone all the way! I hardly ever use my laptop now because my iPhone's internet is just as fast and shows everything perfectly (minus flash player) and it's WAY better then BB's internet. A lot of sites cater to iPhone's format so it's easy to get around. All the apps I own are very useful to my daily activities from shopping, organizing, weight stuff, finances, entertainment...(they got a starbucks one, Rosie! lol). Plus:

-iTunes (I use it as my music player on the go)

-GPS (google maps is pretty good and there are plenty of apps you can get)

-Plays youtube/movies/shows and also records a good amount of clips (good for on the road or bored) I've been able to watch online shows on it too because of quicktime which is neat.

-Very easy to navigate and simplistic format. So easy, the instructions it came with where like 3 sentences long total.

Overall pro: Great all in one gadget.

Cons:

-The screen. I just get really nervous of accidently dropping it and it shattering because the screen is glass or whatever, but I have put screen protectors and casing for it. I take care of my things anyways, so I'm not that prone to breakage but accidents do happen.

-Keyboard. Probably the biggest gripe with iPhones user or touch screen phones in general, with texting it's not a problem but it kinda sucks you have to look at the screen in order not to accidently push other buttons but you get use to it over time (doesn't mean I love it)

-Cost... for me, it's just pricey. If they knocked down the data cost then it would be perfectly priced but AT&T sucks ass that way.

So if you need a phone for the basics (texting, calls and some decent internet data) I would go with any other phone. But if you like that and more then that...iPhone.

This is coming from a person who could care less of phones - now I'm in LOVE with mines.

Oh, in terms of blogging - I dunno if vox works for it but wordpress does but it doesn't on blogger. Either way, apps are being made left and right so it's probably out there for easy convenience to us bloggers. And I have commented and edited things on this forum using my iPhone. My old phone did so too but it was much, much slower and java/images weren't the best - not sure how BB is with that but for tmobile users it was.

This makes me want the iphone again but I couldn't deal with itunes
frown.gif
. If I can convince myself to love itunes I might convert in the future bc honestly it's all this stuff that made it so much cooler than the BB. I've got awhile before renewal on my contract.

Honestly, I hardly ever deal with iTunes. The only time I use it is to update my music (every other month) or when I want to download a huge file or add photos. So maybe about once a month, if anything! I know it's a hassle, if you ever go back I would just set aside an hour or so and update and get whatever you wanted ready to transfer that way you don't gotta deal with it lol.

I hope that what was you were referring too, adrienne!

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I hardly ever deal with iTunes. The only time I use it is to update my music (every other month) or when I want to download a huge file or add photos. So maybe about once a month, if anything! I know it's a hassle, if you ever go back I would just set aside an hour or so and update and get whatever you wanted ready to transfer that way you don't gotta deal with it lol.
I hope that what was you were referring too, adrienne!

Thanks Celly, that's exactly what I was reffering to. I use my BB alot for music (about two songs daily and at least two albums a week depending on what's out) so I'd have to constantly update. Man I just realized how lazy I am lol.
Plus the other thing that turned me off is that if you don't have internet access or a computer to download the itunes app required to have on your computer than you have no access whatsoever to your music where with my BB I can just download, put it on my sd card and pop it back on without having to turn off my phone.

I'm still debating and I got awhile anyways
smile.gif

iphone! I used to have a Blackberry Curve and I loved it but then my bf talked me into getting an iphone and I honestly can't believe I ever lived without it lol. It's AMAZING! There is SO much stuff you can do with it, the apps are great and super useful..I mean they have a freaking level app where you lay your phone on something and it tells you if it's level..SERIOUSLY? It does EVERYTHING and I thought I wouldn't be able to text on it cause I always have long acrylics on but it's so easy, it's actually easier then texting on a blackberry. Hands down, the best phone ever invented. OH and I just figured out that if you have an ipod hookup in your car and you use your iphone when someone calls you, you can leave it plugged in to your radio and talk through your speakers..it's awesome.

I decided my vote has swayed totaly towards the iphone, simply because my brother and dad who do not have them also have to have an ipod but i have my stuff all in one

Back