Ipsy March 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my ideal bag is the MUFE primer, the DHC cleansing oil, goat milk cream or the it cosmetics under eye concealer, and the dead sea mask.  

Last edited by a moderator:
MARCH VIDEO - https://www.facebook.com/ipsy/videos/976007405779914/

These were the products listed in the video:

·         ILLAMASQUA Precision Ink

·         Essence Cosmetics Make me Brow in 02 Browny Brows

·         ColourPop Cosmetics Highlighter in Wisp (OMG....I waaant thiisss)

·         IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer

·         Marc Anthony 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream

·         Pixi by Petra Beauty Blush Duo

·         Beau Gachis Paris Eyeshadow Brush

P.S. Please forgive the excessive posting. Today is a slow day in the office.
I feel like a winner because I guessed the ILLAMASQUA right! 

The bags are both cute, I think I like the mint one more. If thats the Manna Kadar they sent out last month in beautybox5, I really hope I get it! That or the Mellow, I just saw on instagram that there's going to be another color of the bag

Heres a screenshot:

image.png

Mint wanted here also. I'm obsessed with anything mint, teal or aqua.

Complete list of products based on sneak peeks and video (and yes, the ColourPop is really a HIGHLIGHTER!!!)

12144159_1759138447649474_909259386_n.jpg

12798016_963911193695025_2060313416_n.jpg

12751072_578336585652866_1401678755_n.jpg

12748400_1078715688858826_1002248703_n.jpg

The brushes are Beau Gâchis, Luxie, Crown and Me Me Me. The brand names are tagged on the pictures on Instagram, there is a TON of products this month. I wouldn't even know what to wish for at this point!

My bag:

eQ5EP3H.png

I'm pretty happy with it! The only thing I'm not too enthused by is the conditioner, but I guess since in my quiz I said that I have frizzy hair and that it tangles easily, they decided to send me something that targets those things. I haven't tried NYX products, but I'm just happy the texture is matte instead of glossy. I hope they send it to me in the "soft spoken" shade because the other two they're offering are kind of too bold.

^ Your bag is kind of my perfect bag right now based on the combos of glam  bags I'm seeing people posting.

I got:

- MUFE primer (it's hydrating and I have oily skin, plus the sample is TINY)

- Temptu Bronzer (REALLY annoyed about this as I have blush and highlighter checked in my quiz but not bronzer. There were many other options I could have gotten instead of this)

- Beau Gachis Eyebrow brush (this is okay) 

- Dead Sea mask (will use but not particularly exciting)

- Starlooks eyeliner pencil (okay)

Not really like this bag at all. 2/5 This is the second so-so bag I've received in a row. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My bag:

Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye pencil in Jet

Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 day smooth perfect blow dry cream

NYX Liquid Suede Cream lipstick

Mello Cosmetics Powder blush in bronze

Beau Gachis Paris Eyebrow Brush

I am happy with it, good variety of products.  

I'm getting:

-Illamasqua Precision Ink eyeliner. I'm normally not big on liquid liner, but ones with brushes like this I can usually manage to apply halfway decent so I'll try it.

-Pixi Blush Highlight Duo. Happy with this! This was something I was hoping to receive so yay.

-Mememe Powder Brush. Love getting brushes.

-Nourish Organics Rosehip Body Oil. I've never tried a body oil before and I like the brand so yay.

-Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo. I so wanted to get this product as well so I'm really excited.

This is actually a really good bag for me. It has a good variety not too much makeup and products in excited for

Pretty happy with my bag. Is the bag they show the color we're getting? If so I got the mint & really like it.

Illamaqua liquid eyeliner- super excited! First product from this brand and I've been into trying liquid liner recently.

Me Me Me Loose Powder Brush - Super Excited! I love getting brushes & was hoping for this.

Be a Bombshell Baked Bronzer- happy to get it. If it doesn't work for me as a bronzer, it looks like it might be a nice eyeshadow shade.

ModelCo. Lip Laquer lip gloss- iffy about this. I'm a gloss girl so I have no problem with glosses but several of you have received it in the past and hated it. Also depends on the color. I don't like anything bold.

Organic Surge Lavender Meadow hand and nail Cream- the one item I hate. Don't like getting lotions or hair products. I also suffer from eczema and avoid scented lotions on my hands.

All in all I'm very happy with my bag.

Like usual my bag is just ok. 2 of the 5 items I've already tried in my sub boxes (the concealer, which I love so I don't mind another) and the zit cream, blah).

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 11.44.39 AM.png

Never really thrilled with BAB stuff, they call this a bronzer but it appears to be a blush. Either way, I'll give it a try.

I feel like I get too many eyeliners from Ipsy, at least the color is unique. But this item has been around the sub box circuit too.

And another lip gloss. It's just ok.

I would have loved to try so many different items. Oh well.

I really like my bag this month:  mint green bag, first aid beauty, manna kadar eyeshadow, illamasqua liquid eye liner, pixie blush duo and alterna caviar volume hair spray. 

I'm getting:

-Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss (while I'm on black eyeliner overload, I've had good experience with this brand)

-Pixi by Petra Blush Duo in Rose Gold (looks pretty)

-Manna Kadar Eye Shadow in Fantasy (meh. Another piece of clutter)

-First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Serum (I just finished up a deluxe sample of this from Sephora, and liked it enough that I was considering buying the FS, so this is good timing!)

-Alterna Hair Care Caviar Anti-Aging Volume Mist (was hoping I would get this!)

Overall, a good month. Only thing I could do without is the eyeshadow. I typically reach for palettes over singles, there's nothing original about this shade, and I have not had good luck with Manna Kadar's lip products or face products. Plus I've been having some eye allergy issues lately, and powdered shadow seems to be exacerbating the issue.

My kvetching aside, this is a really good bag for me. I returned to ipsy last month, after over a year away. I initially unsubscribed because it seemed every bag was full of private-label-made-in-China mascaras and lip glosses and drugstore hair spray, but they seem to have upped their game considerably. I've been more impressed with these past two bags than I have with my recent Birchboxes.

I'm getting:

-Illamasqua Precision Ink eyeliner. I'm normally not big on liquid liner, but ones with brushes like this I can usually manage to apply halfway decent so I'll try it.

-Pixi Blush Highlight Duo. Happy with this! This was something I was hoping to receive so yay.

-Mememe Powder Brush. Love getting brushes.

-Nourish Organics Rosehip Body Oil. I've never tried a body oil before and I like the brand so yay.

-Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo. I so wanted to get this product as well so I'm really excited.

This is actually a really good bag for me. It has a good variety not too much makeup and products in excited for
Bag twins! I never seem to find a bag twin, but here you are! 

Also, is everyone's bag page showing the mint green as their bag? Because I feel like that's the case, like when they send the May 2015 ones, it showed the same bag for everyone but they varied?

Back