Ipsy March 2016 *Spoiler*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ yeah, my page is showing the mint bag. It does seem like that is the page display default, rather than a promise of which variant we'll receive.

I forgot to add, I got two of the items I wished for! I'm excited for the liner and dry shampoo! The Pixi blush/highlighter duo looks nice and I still use my bronzer from them from forever ago and LOVE it. Powder brush, I'm okay with. The one I have/currently use is a bit scratchy so I hope this one is softer on my face. And the body oil, meh? I'm okay with it but I'm also scared of smearing oil on myself. 

http://puu.sh/nyqSN/4ee6b52cfd.jpg

Heres what I got in my bag, not so excited about yet another brush but its a different brand so hopefully its better than the 4 other brushes theyve sent me (Ive seriously went 1 month without getting some sort of brush since I subscribed)

SUPER excited about the eyeliner, I dont really use bronzer but I guess Ill have to give it a try. I sorta like all the variety of different products I tend to get! Im really liking this bag!

I hope I get the bag with the mint zipper pull but I wouldnt mind if I got either bag, if there are variants

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting

NYX suede lipstick, fingers crossed for mauve shade, Ipsy knows by now that I don't do bold lipstick.

Manna Kadar eyeshadow, sigh* I don't ever want eyeshadow.

Crown small chisel brush, always happy for brushes But what is this one for lol?

Temptu Bronzer, I still haven't opened the highlighter they sent me from this brand. I'll have to try them out.

Global Dead Sea mask, always happy for masks

This bag is at least 2/5 for me. I really wanted dry shampoo! I'll probably trade the eyeshadow.

Ugh can't wait to see what I get! I had to cancel because they bumped me up to yearly without telling me so not only did I lose my early access but my cute little hand cream that I redeemed points for is gone now too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> at least I got the points back though! I really really hope I get that Illamasqua liner and mellow blush.

Here's what I got this month!

Beau Gachis Paris Eyeshadow Brush- I'm always happy with brushes!

Pixi Blush- I'm actually running low on blush so this is a happy surprise. I tend to lean more towards peach or nude blushes but this one doesn't look awful. 

Nyx Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick- I like matte lipsticks but I'm not thrilled with the color selections. 

Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist- I love Alterna products! Ipsy sent me the CC Cream before and I've been hooked ever since!

Manna Kadar Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Fantasy- This may be a very useful eyeshadow color for me. 

Overall I like my bag product wise. I'm a little unsure about some of the shades but that's about it. I'm a little sad though. I'm dying to try Colour Pop but can't seem to get Ipsy to send me anything from them. I think I'm just gonna place an order on their website soon. 

I'm just ok with my bag this month. I'm getting:

Starlooks eyeliner

Marc Anthony blow dry cream

Pixi blush duo

Nyx liquid suede

Me Me Me loose powder brush

I love a good eyeliner, but I've got so many eyeliners from sub boxes that I almost hate getting them anymore. Next, I never blow dry my hair so the Marc Anthony is useless. On the plus side, I love blush and brushes and I love the NYX liquid suede lippies. I'm just hoping for a color that I don't already have.

Make Up For Ever Primer

eSalon Leave In Conditioner

Vera Mona shadow

Pixi by Petra blush

First Aid Beauty Ultra repair hydrating serum

I try not to be unhappy since it's $10 and is usually way over the value of the bag but I really don't want anything that I'm getting this month. And my birth month boo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm pretty happy with my bag this month; they're all items that (theoretically) I will use, and I have some ColourPop highlighters already that I love so I have no doubt it'll be the same for this one!

Starlooks luxe eye pencil (black)

ModelCo lip lacquer lip gloss

Me me me loose powder brush

Global Beauty Care Dead Sea mask

ColourPop highlighter (Wisp)

I just realized that the same Pixi Blush in Rose Gold that is being sent out this month is also made in a color called Peach Honey. It's beautiful and I wants it. Why no multiple color variations with this item Ipsy?! Meanwhile as I stare down the swatch and the possibility of getting my NYX lipstick in the color Pink Lust. Lets be honest does that color really look good on anybody? Maybe a black girl could wear it well. People with dark skin tones are able to wear bright colors and look amazing. Meanwhile I end up looking like Frankenstein's monster. Big lips + pale skin + bright pink lipstick =  :sick:  I'll look like a cartoon character and not in a good Jessica Rabbit kind of way. More like a Shannon from Despicable Me 2 kind of way. 

I just realized that the same Pixi Blush in Rose Gold that is being sent out this month is also made in a color called Peach Honey. It's beautiful and I wants it. Why no multiple color variations with this item Ipsy?! Meanwhile as I stare down the swatch and the possibility of getting my NYX lipstick in the color Pink Lust. Lets be honest does that color really look good on anybody? Maybe a black girl could wear it well. People with dark skin tones are able to wear bright colors and look amazing. Meanwhile I end up looking like Frankenstein's monster. Big lips + pale skin + bright pink lipstick =  :sick:  I'll look like a cartoon character and not in a good Jessica Rabbit kind of way. More like a Shannon from Despicable Me 2 kind of way. 
I wear bright and dark colors alike (full spectrum, from bright purple to black) on my lips and I think it looks great on me. I am ghost white too. I think it just depends on who you ask. Personally, I don't ask anybody because I don't care what they think. I wear it because I love it and the people who criticize me for it and go suck rocks. [:

my bag
image.jpeg

Beau Gache eyeshadow brush

Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream

Ofra Cosmetics Green Go Eyeliner

Nyx Liquid Suede lippie

Temptu Warm Glow Bronzer

What a bag of fail, Ipsy. Out of all the choices its like they threw whats left over into a bag and said, here Amanda you look like you need to buy a blowdryer and maybe you'd look prettier with green lines on your eyes and some sparkly bronzer! Chances are I'll probably get that bright pink lipstick shade too, that'll make my eyes POP. 

Here is my bag

-Organic Surge hand & nail cream (never heard of this brand)

-Vera Mona eye shadow in clover

-NYX Liquid Suede in Kitten Heels

-Beau Gachis brush

-Mellow Bronzer

I'm happy with my bag and look forward to trying these. I'll pass the NYX liquid lipstick to someone else since it's not my shade. It's too red for me. This bag is way better then the few bags I got last year when I subbed. I felt like all I got then was left over bags. So far after re-subbing I've been luckier with last month's bag and this month's.

Got my bag!

2r15Jc5.png

SUPER happy that they sent me the NYX in the Soft Spoken shade. This is only my second Ipsy bag but so far it looks like they're actually listening to my preferences because they would know not to send me either of the other two shades if they are.

I got my bag today. The MeMeMe brush is soft but feels a little cheap? Which I'm not against, I'm an equal opportunity brush user. The Illamasqua is incredible in pigment and wear. Unlike the Eyeko in my glossybox, this liner STAYS. I'm trading the body oil stuff for a NYX suede lippie. The Living Proof is huge to me for a sample size and I'm in love! And the Pixi blush/highlighter duo is gorgeous. I think it's beautiful and I'm ready for this golden glow on my face!

Edit: I got the coral/pink bag. Meh. 

I ended up with the orange bag and the red NYX lipstick. It could always be worse. It could be pink. 

Im actually super impressed by my ipsy this month. The Illamasqua eyeliner is pretty amazing (and expensive, and full-size!) I think this month might have been my best bag yet I got the ModelCo lip laquer and I was so worried Id get the super red shade but I didnt! I ended up with the nude shade. I even got the mint bag like I wanted! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm still waiting for my Popsugar and Beautycon boxes, but so far Ipsy has been my favorite service this month!

Back