Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

You are not alone! The original Great Lash (none of the new wands or special editions) is my favorite mascara, and I've tried tons of different mascaras. I do not have thick lashes, so most mascaras just clump up on me and look awful and spider-ish as soon as I add a second coat. Great Lash lets me add 2 or 3 coats to build body and still look un-clumped.
THIS. YES.

I always want to like the pricier ones like the Bodybuilder, and my best friend works at Sephora so he's always giving me new samples to try, but I always wind up back with Great Lash. Even if I find that I do like them, they always wind up comparable to that perfect pink tube and I can't bring myself to spend $20 on results I can get for $5.

My eyebrows don't extend to my tear ducts like they're supposed to. I've got weird tiny eyebrow syndrome. It's hard to explain, but imagine if you shaved off one half of your eyebrows and then tried to fill in the part you just shaved off with a pencil, or something. That's how it looks if I try to fill mine in. I need eyebrow implants. 
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by mydearestfriend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just watched Michelle Phan's video, and maybe this is the cream colored box?

OH MY GLOB. A MATTE EYESHADOW!?!?! My dream has potentially come true!

Originally Posted by mydearestfriend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just watched Michelle Phan's video, and maybe this is the cream colored box?

I bet that is what it is! I hope it comes in multiple colors! I have been loving all of The Balm samples I have got so far! It looks just like the box so I definitely think that it is that!

Wait, I'm confused.  Does the brow gel just shape your eyebrows, or does it fill them as well?  I have barely-there blonde eyebrows (and naturally brown hair - so annoying) so if it shapes your brows, that's the last thing I need.  It it's more like a fill, then it's definitely something I want.

You know what? This is the level where people really do need to get over themselves and realize it is a sample bag. I quit BB but it was because I feel like they are just simply not doing a very good job right now, not because I wasn't getting what I wanted. If anyone gets upset because they got one thing over another in this case, then they are too picky for sample boxes.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually on the site and Sephora it's $23? $5 is a pretty big different tbh. You could buy a nail polish for that much... it's the value of a half-size nail polish sampler BB sends out it in its boxes. A lot of people are already saying they'd prefer the mascara (possibly due to it being mascara and possibly also having to do with the brand) so they're already treading a line between making people happy...

ipsy's been doing a great job. There was very little complaining last month aside from the color customization, but like... this could probably cause some strife.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hm... that's interesting. I've never tried gel eyebrow liner, but I have black eyebrows too (and very very jet black hair). Can I ask why it doesn't work for you?
When I looked up the gel online, it's in different shades instead of just clear. I have no desire to lighten my brows. They're thick and dark, so if I use anything I use a clear brow gel.

Just to make the people who didn't like being called "Glammies" or "Ipsters" feel a bit better - the people who do the Natural Beauty Bag put out a video a few days ago and addressed us, "Hi, Greenies!"  *Chuckle*

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually do not prefer either. I would be excited either way, I have never tried a brow gel so that would actually be really interesting to try since it will be a higher end one according to price of $18.00. I already own a full size of the benefit they are real mascara so maybe that is why I am indifferent. Plus received mascara last month so I will be pretty happy with either. 

I really hope people do not get super upset if they don't get a mascara & get angry with Ipsy. Since they really do seem to divide items pretty well so that no one gets overly angry with different price points of their bags. 
I totally agree with you about people getting upset over not getting a mascara.  It' GOING to happen though.  I'd prefer the mascara, but I'd actually be fine with either.  I also believe they keep the "either/or" items within a very close price range. (That is one of my biggest complaints about BB...the outrageous value differences in the boxes that they pretend do not exist.) 

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I looked up the gel online, it's in different shades instead of just clear. I have no desire to lighten my brows. They're thick and dark, so if I use anything I use a clear brow gel.
I went to the brand's website and yes there are color choices below, but if you look carefully, you will see that it is for their brow kitThe brow gel itself is clear.  They are trying to get you to by the $45 kit rather than the $18 brow gel

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bet they are sending out several different colors. I need to find that palette and scope it out!
I hope I get the color shown.  I really like it!  =)

Latest posts

Back