Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bet they are sending out several different colors. I need to find that palette and scope it out!
Wouldn't they show if they were sending out more colors like they did with the coastal scents from last month?

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wouldn't they show if they were sending out more colors like they did with the coastal scents from last month?
They don't always show every shade. With lipglosses and lipsticks they usually just put one in the preview. It's possible it's the only color but it's also possible there could be a few others. I would be happy with the preview color personally!

I'm really loving Ipsy/MyGlam lately.  The bags, the quality of the products, the inclusion of lots of actual makeup items . . . this is a pretty great sub.  I can't help but wonder what they'll do next month when it is their one year anniversary, the first bag was really awesome.  But this month's sneak peeks look pretty amazing too.  They're getting hard to top, especially with the $10 price tag and all of the fun that buys.  I'm a happy camper. 
headphonedance.gif

I bet they are sending out several different colors. I need to find that palette and scope it out!
I really really hope they send out some different colors, because that one is way too dark for me to pull off, and I don't like using shadow as a liner.

I received an e-mail from Ipsy saying that it is now available in Canada. And it showed a picture of the Benefit They're Real Mascara & theBalm eyeshadow + 3 more beauty items. 

How do you all feel about that?

I am very happy for Ipsy because their company is growing but...I hope that doesn't mean our service here in the US will decrease. I Believe it was last month well this month of October that Birchbox got a hold of the Joliebox in France and well our boxes were not the best. Ipsy relaunched itself and seriously has not been disappointing but I really hope that it stays the same even when they will be having more customers to cater to. 

We'll just have to wait and see. I'm curious as to what the Canadian bags will contain due to import/export restrictions into and from Canada.

I am from Canada and just subbed.  I have followed MyGlam/Ipsy from their inception so I am glad to have a chance to give them a try.  For those concerned that the US quality might suffer by them now shipping to Canada, don't worry.  We pay an extra $5/month to cover shipping so you shouldn't be impacted at all.

BTW, love all of the spoilers that have been shown!

Originally Posted by smileyone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am from Canada and just subbed.  I have followed MyGlam/Ipsy from their inception so I am glad to have a chance to give them a try.  For those concerned that the US quality might suffer by them now shipping to Canada, don't worry.  We pay an extra $5/month to cover shipping so you shouldn't be impacted at all.

BTW, love all of the spoilers that have been shown!
I don't think the price you are paying is the problem. Its more about the fact that they are expanding so the quality of the bags themselves, as in the products quality and amount in them will drop.

I curious if they will get the same bag as U.S. subscribers. I feel like because of the shipping restictions, they might recieve different items or it might change the types of items we get in our bags.

Aha!  Someone mentioned that sneak peelk #2 item yesterday and she is right!

I already have that palette but don't mind to get a purse size 

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the brand's website and yes there are color choices below, but if you look carefully, you will see that it is for their brow kitThe brow gel itself is clear.  They are trying to get you to by the $45 kit rather than the $18 brow gel
Hm Good to know! Maybe I'll be keeping it afterall.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think the price you are paying is the problem. Its more about the fact that they are expanding so the quality of the bags themselves, as in the products quality and amount in them will drop.

I curious if they will get the same bag as U.S. subscribers. I feel like because of the shipping restictions, they might recieve different items or it might change the types of items we get in our bags.
I doubt the number of Canadians subscribing will have any impact.  It most likely won't be an overwhelming number but you never know.  On the other hand, those of you who subscribed to the Loose Button Luxe Box, American subscribers got  WAY better boxes than the Canadians did so it could go either way.

Has anyone joined the Mirenesse VIP Club? I just signed up. You get tons of discounts, free shipping, specials, and a VIP box every two months with full size and deluxe size products.

PS. they have a special going on right now, I just bought the Lip Bomb #4 for $13.50 and it includes four full sized suprise gifts. Super excited to see what they are.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone joined the Mirenesse VIP Club? I just signed up. You get tons of discounts, free shipping, specials, and a VIP box every two months with full size and deluxe size products.
I'd love to but $25 a month is pretty steep. It sounds pretty cool though!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love to but $25 a month is pretty steep. It sounds pretty cool though!
Haha I thought so too, but just figured I'd cancel my 2nd BB and Ispy accounts to justify it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

SNEAK PEEK NOVEMBER GLAM BAG #3: Truth or dare? We dare you to try this trendy hue for fall!

I think (after a Google Search) that it's Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SNEAK PEEK NOVEMBER GLAM BAG #3: Truth or dare? We dare you to try this trendy hue for fall!

This just keeps getting better and better!  This bag looks like it might top October for me!!!

Latest posts

Back