Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mirandamanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This month's bag also has 'ipsy' embroidered on a tag on the inside, something I haven't noticed in any of the other bags, but I could be wrong.
I think this is the first time ipsy has been in a bag. I noticed that as well. I think this bag seems better quality than the black wristlet we got a while back.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought the set from Sephora and it came before my ipsy bag came. To me, it smells like caramel... lol!
to me it smells like chocolate

Ok, I need some help here. This month's bag will be my second. On Tuesday, tracking said that it was out for delivery, so I was expecting to get it yesterday. However, when I checked tracking yesterday, it said the package was undeliverable, and to contact the sender. So I emailed Ipsy, and they basically told me exactly what I told them in the first place, which is that tracking says the package is undeliverable, and asked me if I had called the post office. SMH!! NO, I haven't called the post office, because tracking says to contact the sender!! I emailed them back, because usually if a package is undeliverable it means that the shipping address is either wrong or incomplete. My bag got here just fine last month, and nothing has changed, so I feel like it has to be a flub on Ipsy's part. I'm so freaking confused, I have never had this happen with ANY package EVER. Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so, how did you resolve it? Also, it says my package weight is .1840, that can't be right, can it?? HELP ME PLEASE!  
eusa_wall.gif

Seriously in love with the Benefit They're Real. I'm loving it more than the 5 Nordstrom/Hautelook mascaras I have tried so far (including Smashbox, Clinique, Estee Lauder)

This is going to be my new HG mascara, I think.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, I need some help here. This month's bag will be my second. On Tuesday, tracking said that it was out for delivery, so I was expecting to get it yesterday. However, when I checked tracking yesterday, it said the package was undeliverable, and to contact the sender. So I emailed Ipsy, and they basically told me exactly what I told them in the first place, which is that tracking says the package is undeliverable, and asked me if I had called the post office. SMH!! NO, I haven't called the post office, because tracking says to contact the sender!! I emailed them back, because usually if a package is undeliverable it means that the shipping address is either wrong or incomplete. My bag got here just fine last month, and nothing has changed, so I feel like it has to be a flub on Ipsy's part. I'm so freaking confused, I have never had this happen with ANY package EVER. Has this ever happened to anyone, and if so, how did you resolve it? Also, it says my package weight is .1840, that can't be right, can it?? HELP ME PLEASE!  
eusa_wall.gif
I would still call the Post Office (even though they are not usually helpful) - from there you can honestly report back to Ipsy what the USPS had to tell you.  

Ipsy: With e-mail you have a paper trail and you can be like "This is what you said - it's here in black and white."  With my e-mail to them - the girl had a link to a survey about my exchange (I made sure I wrote what I thought - luckily my CS rep was not snarky and was great to work with). I hope you filled it out in your e-mail.  Try another e-mail (a brand new one)

(http://help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/emails/new) and maybe you will get another person OR  ask them for their number so that you can call and speak with someone directly.

Update us with how things go! I hope I gave you an idea of what to do.  
laughing.gif

Edited d/t poor reading skills this AM. 

I'm bored at work so I figured I'd share my "Oh Sh!t Kit" with everyone. I love that I'm not the only person who carries one!

-Nail clippers

-Feminine hygiene products

-Smart phone/glasses wipes

-Mini deodorant

-Mini perfume

-Mascara

-Chap stick

-Hair tie

-Bobby pins

-Double sided tape

-Antiseptic gel

-Band-Aids

-Advil

-Benadryl

-Moisturizer

-Lighter

And it all fits in my Ipsy bag with plenty of room to spare.

I got the brow gel and I'm happy with it. Honestly though, I've used clear mascara before with the same results. I would've loved the mascara too, but it's a great bag either way. Puts other subs to shame... I'm looking at YOU, BBox!
mat.gif

I love the moxie lipgloss! It kind of feels like a plumper when on though... tingles a bit. But looks and feels great! Also, I didn't see anyone else say anything about this (maybe I missed it somewhere) but I think it's so cute that the bag has a little IPSY tag on the inside of it! Cute cute cute!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by SupItsStephanie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

off topic, but does anyone watch two broke girls? tonight Caroline called it "due-ah-nay ree-ah-day" instead of Duane Reade and that's the only way I can read it right now
Off topic, yes, but I love 2 broke girls!  Everything about this episode was hilarious.  Ok, side bar done.

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the moxie lipgloss! It kind of feels like a plumper when on though... tingles a bit. But looks and feels great! Also, I didn't see anyone else say anything about this (maybe I missed it somewhere) but I think it's so cute that the bag has a little IPSY tag on the inside of it! Cute cute cute!
claps.gif
That's because it is a plumper? http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4190143 Check the specifications; it says: Product Type Lip Plumper. Even on their site it says http://www.bareescentuals.com/Marvelous-Moxie-Lipgloss/mastermoxie,default,pd.html Volumizes for big, pouty, fuller-looking lips.

Originally Posted by tnbryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm bored at work so I figured I'd share my "Oh Sh!t Kit" with everyone. I love that I'm not the only person who carries one!

-Nail clippers

-Feminine hygiene products

-Smart phone/glasses wipes

-Mini deodorant

-Mini perfume

-Mascara

-Chap stick

-Hair tie

-Bobby pins

-Double sided tape

-Antiseptic gel

-Band-Aids

-Advil

-Benadryl

-Moisturizer

-Lighter

And it all fits in my Ipsy bag with plenty of room to spare.
This is AWESOME!  thanks for sharing! I have a diaper bag for my kids, but there are definitely days that I need something like this for MYSELF!

Originally Posted by artemis76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag today, but the eyeliner was missing - has anyone ever had this happen before? I sent an email and left a message on their Facebook wall so we'll if they send me a replacement.
I was missing the eyeliner too. I just emailed them, we'll see what they say.

The lipgloss is a slam dunk for me. The color looks great on me, I love the pigmentation, taste, and staying power. Really impressive. I already own the Meet Matt(e) palette but the sample is adorable, it will be a great stocking stuffer for my sister.

I find with the brow gel that the gel ends up on the very tip of the wand, so I dotted that on to my brow and then smoothed it out with the wand. Pretty nifty idea.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would still call the Post Office (even though they are not usually helpful) - from there you can honestly report back to Ipsy what the USPS had to tell you.  

Ipsy: With e-mail you have a paper trail and you can be like "This is what you said - it's here in black and white."  With my e-mail to them - the girl had a link to a survey about my exchange (I made sure I wrote what I thought - luckily my CS rep was not snarky and was great to work with). I hope you filled it out in your e-mail.  Try another e-mail (a brand new one)

(http://help.ipsy.com/customer/portal/emails/new) and maybe you will get another person OR  ask them for their number so that you can call and speak with someone directly.

Update us with how things go! I hope I gave you an idea of what to do.  
laughing.gif

Edited d/t poor reading skills this AM. 
Ohhhhhk, I am a super duper dummy! After an email back from Ipsy, I realized that I had the wrong zip code listed in my shipping info (I moved last month, so I had my correct address with my old zip
2.gif
). So I don't know how the hell it got here last month. I set up the account for this address so I never changed it. The dumb things I do amaze me sometimes. SO, I called the post office and they sent it back to Ipsy, and I think Ipsy is sending me a new one. YIIIIIIIKES. I still don't get why my shipping weight was only .18something though. This whole thing has me all bumfuzzled. 

I know someone back a few pages said they emailed Ipsy about "dry" brow gel. I decided to try mine this morning, when I take the wand out of the tube, it *sounds* like there's something in there, but nothing on the brush unless I press the brush into my finger then there's a LITTLE wetness. I tried both gels, same thing. Very different from my Anastasia brow gel. That one has so much in it I have to wipe the brush off before I use it haha. Anyway, I tried both gels on my eyebrows, and well, I've got two new brow brushes, but that's it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Has anyone heard back about this? I might be emailing myself. This is definitely a first for Ipsy.

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohhhhhk, I am a super duper dummy! After an email back from Ipsy, I realized that I had the wrong zip code listed in my shipping info (I moved last month, so I had my correct address with my old zip
2.gif
). So I don't know how the hell it got here last month. I set up the account for this address so I never changed it. The dumb things I do amaze me sometimes. SO, I called the post office and they sent it back to Ipsy, and I think Ipsy is sending me a new one. YIIIIIIIKES. I still don't get why my shipping weight was only .18something though. This whole thing has me all bumfuzzled. 
I don't think the wts are always on target, but who knows.  But it will be interesting to see if it changes when they send the new one now. 

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know someone back a few pages said they emailed Ipsy about "dry" brow gel. I decided to try mine this morning, when I take the wand out of the tube, it *sounds* like there's something in there, but nothing on the brush unless I press the brush into my finger then there's a LITTLE wetness. I tried both gels, same thing. Very different from my Anastasia brow gel. That one has so much in it I have to wipe the brush off before I use it haha. Anyway, I tried both gels on my eyebrows, and well, I've got two new brow brushes, but that's it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Has anyone heard back about this? I might be emailing myself. This is definitely a first for Ipsy.
I got nothing in mine - someone suggested taking out the stopper thingie that cleans off the brush in the tube.  I swooshed my brush around the tube and still came out bone dry.  Ipsy said they would send me a new one after e-mailing them.

The eyebrow gel company - won't send free samples unless you spend over 50 bucks on their products. (just throwing that out there)

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got nothing in mine - someone suggested taking out the stopper thingie that cleans off the brush in the tube.  I swooshed my brush around the tube and still came out bone dry.  Ipsy said they would send me a new one after e-mailing them.
Mine was bone dry too! I don't want to WORK or have to take things apart to get the product to perform properly. Someone should have filled it all the way or made a better package design. I'm not going to pull the stopper in and out everytime I get ready in a rush each morning. Plus, sending out a product like that from an unknown company (at least unknown to me) makes me not want to buy any of their other products. If they can't get it right on a promotional item which is supposed to suck you in, how am I going to trust that they'll get it right when I actually have to shell out big bucks for other products? Also, the fact that they had this happen on what I would say is the majority of their samples makes me wonder if they didn't know about it from the start. Maybe not myglam, but maybe chella knew they were being cheap with their samples...

On a weird note... I don't understand why everyone uses this saying? Bones aren't dry -- they're spongey on the inside with marrow where your (red) blood cells are produced. If your bone is dry, it's probably because you have osteroperosis... or are dead. ^^;; In which case it would just be easier to say my product is dead lol.

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was bone dry too!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just yanked my stopper out in hopes this was the problem but it is definitely almost dried up. It is very tacky like dried honey.

I have opened up a lot of containers in the past to get the remainder of products out. Wish it had worked this time.
Same here, they're supposed to send another one which I'll trade or give away. Better bag next month, Ipsy. I know you can do it. Funny how these subs seem to alternate with each other, taking turns at being awesome and then drab the next month. This month it was BB all the way for me. JMHO

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was bone dry too! I don't want to WORK or have to take things apart to get the product to perform properly. Someone should have filled it all the way or made a better package design. I'm not going to pull the stopper in and out everytime I get ready in a rush each morning. Plus, sending out a product like that from an unknown company (at least unknown to me) makes me not want to buy any of their other products. If they can't get it right on a promotional item which is supposed to suck you in, how am I going to trust that they'll get it right when I actually have to shell out big bucks for other products? Also, the fact that they had this happen on what I would say is the majority of their samples makes me wonder if they didn't know about it from the start. Maybe not myglam, but maybe chella knew they were being cheap with their samples...
Oh I agree fully.  I went one Chella's site just to see if there was a way to get a sample from them to see if there would be any difference.  When I saw the whole "Free samples with purchase over 50 dollars," I was like 'You gotta be kidding me.'   I totally think Chella is being a Scrooge about samples. AND I'm sure the Ipsy/MyGlam team didn't get that issue when trying out samples.  Kinda like Chella waved the big steak around saying look at we have - then tossing us the scraps after they got what they wanted out of Ipsy/MyGlam.  ((Did that make sense??))

Latest posts

Back