Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a weird note... I don't understand why everyone uses this saying? Bones aren't dry -- they're spongey on the inside with marrow where your (red) blood cells are produced. If your bone is dry, it's probably because you have osteroperosis... or are dead. ^^;; In which case it would just be easier to say my product is dead lol.
Lol - same sayings are just fun I suppose.  I could go into empty marrow supplies...but that would be too much (yay for experiences in Oncology nursing)

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was bone dry too! I don't want to WORK or have to take things apart to get the product to perform properly. Someone should have filled it all the way or made a better package design. I'm not going to pull the stopper in and out everytime I get ready in a rush each morning. Plus, sending out a product like that from an unknown company (at least unknown to me) makes me not want to buy any of their other products. If they can't get it right on a promotional item which is supposed to suck you in, how am I going to trust that they'll get it right when I actually have to shell out big bucks for other products? Also, the fact that they had this happen on what I would say is the majority of their samples makes me wonder if they didn't know about it from the start. Maybe not myglam, but maybe chella knew they were being cheap with their samples...
I'm with you on this. And really, sitting here, I thought, I've got time, let me try it. I could not get that stopper out with my fingernails. Maybe its just me, but it's not budging. And like you said, I don't want to have to fight with that every time I want to use it. Ugh.

I love this months glam bag! the moxie gloss has a minty feeling that I love. The mascara is pretty amazing too! I can't wait for next months bag. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received an eyeshadow that looks used/swatched?
I read either here or on facebook that someone got one with a fingerprint.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received an eyeshadow that looks used/swatched?
I have one that kind of looks like it was, can't be sure if it was just the "cover" rubbing against it or someone smudged it. I haven't used it yet, I'll take a pic when I get home.

*edit*

if its any consolation, the Mary Lou Manizer that I got from BB had that same "fingerprint" looking mark on it, so I'm not that worried. Then again, my second eyeshadow is perfect.

Eh, I don't think the shipping weight thing matters.  Mine was .37 and it was the eyebrow gel...thought for sure it was going to be the mascara...bummer!  But still elated with the bag!!!

On a weird note... I don't understand why everyone uses this saying? Bones aren't dry -- they're spongey on the inside with marrow where your (red) blood cells are produced. If your bone is dry, it's probably because you have osteroperosis... or are dead. ^^;; In which case it would just be easier to say my product is dead lol.
I think the expression is from looking at bones that you've picked clean after you've eaten the flesh off of them. Chicken bones are pretty dry.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the expression is from looking at bones that you've picked clean after you've eaten the flesh off of them. Chicken bones are pretty dry.
Chicken bones always seem gross and squishy to me after I cut them up before I cook XD;; But that does make sense.

Chicken bones always seem gross and squishy to me after I cut them up before I cook XD;; But that does make sense.
I always think they're incredibly tasty to clean especially if you're eating fried chicken.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always think they're incredibly tasty to clean especially if you're eating fried chicken.
>D I love fried chicken.

A little too much.

I wonder if I can convince my family to get fried chicken for thanksgiving instead of eating a dry turkey lol

Just e-mailed them about my dry chella brow gel.  I was really hoping to get this and hope they will send me a replacement so I can actually try it.
smiletongue.gif

I got my bag today!! I love it love it love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the eyebrow gel which is fine with me since I haven't owned an eyebrow gel.

And the thing with eyebrow gels is that you don't need a lot of product. I tried the anastasia eyebrow gel and its very "gel" like not goopy but very moist. And you can over apply the gel on your eyebrows which make them hard & almost crusty looking. So by having this eyebrow gel only having very little product on the wand is actually a good thing. My eyebrows looked nice & in place. 

I put on the eyeshadow today - what a beautiful color.  I know some people were worried that it is too dark - but I found that a little goes a long way.

The pencil was good for tight lining. 

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

depends on the look you're going for. I'm just pulling pics off the web, but compare this brow:

^If you want natural-looking brows, your eyebrow filler should never literally match your hair in terms of pigmentation. in general you want something a bit lighter, much less saturated, and not as pigmented (unless you're blonde). You basically want something ashy and not as opaque/pigmented as your actual hair.

to this brow:

^This is probably what you'd get with the starlet liner as an eyebrow filler--a bold, well-defined brow. Though if you're just starting to experiment, a natural brow would probably more forgiving of mistakes.

I have black hair and I use the Clinique brow shaper in 'charcoaled'--it's super ashy, almost more a grey than a brown. It's $15 but it'll seriously last you a lifetime lol. I've used it for the past two years and I've barely made a dent.
I have dark blonde hair, and I use the Clinique brow keeper as well (the one with the brow brush (looks like a dry mascara wand) one one side), in Honey. I LOVE it. I have used BeneFit's Brow Zing (light brown), but it's a little too dark and it takes longer. I love that the Clinique one is so easy and fast to use, and it looks very natural. Lorac also makes a similar one that is pretty great.

Lol I love how the conversation turned to strange talk about bones...It really is an odd saying, but so is "There's more than one way to skin a cat" I mean who skins cats??? And who thought of multiple ways to do it??

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Idk what is going on with my mail service these last couple of days.

My IPSY bag has been in my town for the past two days & no update.

I ordered a watch & when I tracked my package it said it was in my town & out for deliver but I never got it today.

And now I am worried because of the watch & who knows if I will get my bag. 

This really sucks...why post office why???
This has happened to me before.

I waited like a week even though the website said it was in my town until i finally received it in the mail.

I know, its a pain in the butt. Call the post office to make sure though.

Latest posts

Back