Ipsy November 2015 Glam Bags *Spoilers Included*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bang Bang

ipsy.png

Sorry none of this looks exciting to me, I think it's time to cancel Ipsy. I feel I've just thrown $120 down the drain for the last year. None of the bags have been really fantastic only excited about the Malin + Goetz mojito lip balm I got once. Plus I just bought a year Glossybox sub which was cheaper than a year of Ipsy. 

Early access is up! So many things I want! I'm getting:

full exposure mascara

crown brush crease brush

beaute cosmetics gel liner w/gel liner brush (2 brushes in one bag??)

coolway stronghold spray

dermelect ME peptide infused lacquer

Really wish I got the Luxie eyeshadow and the Demeter Twilight Orchid roll on instead of that hair spray and the crown brush but overall, I'm excited for my bag.

Trying to cancel mine. Terrible bags consistently. But after this one I decided to pull the plug. I go through the cancellation process, and they say they'll send an email with a link to cancel my acct...but the email HAS NO LINK. Has anyone else experienced this before?image.jpg

Trying to cancel mine. Terrible bags consistently. But after this one I decided to pull the plug. I go through the cancellation process, and they say they'll send an email with a link to cancel my acct...but the email HAS NO LINK. Has anyone else experienced this before?
image.jpg
Sorry, but I lol'd. They're notoriously hard to cancel.

I got:

-Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara - OK

-trestiQue lip crayon - unsure. Their concealer i got from BB was one of my favorite sub finds of the year, but this color looks too dark for me

-inspire angle liner brush - could use, depends on quality

-ModelCo highlighting trio - seems ok

-Coolway stronghold spray - wont use

Overall, its an OK bag. not great, but not the worst. I like the bag design itself a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smashbox mascara

Crown crease brush

Coolway hairspray

Luxie purple shadow

Jelly Pong Pong highlighter

All nice things although I am a bit sad missing the demeter. Hopefully there will be a code soon. Their rollerballs are actually pretty affordable. 

Good grief more eyeliner!

Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 12.26.04 PM.png

I've received eyeliner four months in a row!

Black starlooks pen in August

Bronze pencil in September

Automatic plum liner in October

Navy blue gel in November.

At least they're not all black but, c'mon a little more item variety would be nice. I'm not crazy about my bag this month and I only used one product from last month. Oh well.

I'm getting:

Smashbox Mascara - neat

Crown Brush Crease Brush - cool!

Absolute New York Nano Liner - I love felt tip liners and am always down to try a new one

Beaute Basics Sahara Gold Chubby Eyeshadow Pencil - no. I do not want nude colors. I am so bummed to get a boring shadow stick that I could get from NYX when there are colourpop and luxie shadows that look so gorgeous available. I don't care that it retails for 19.99. I am so butthurt about this dumb pencil.

Coolway Stronghold Spray - I'm going to Disneyworld in November, and if I get my bag before the trip, I'll probably use this since it's supposed to be good for humidity. I haven't liked any coolway products I've tried before, though, and .5 oz is pretty small - I have a lot of hair.

I got Mai Couture bronzing papiers in my very first glam bag a million years ago, and I love them. I would love to get the blush papier.

I would love to get the freeman masks or the pumpkin mask or the nail treatment.

I would love to get so many things but not the gold eyeshadow crayon. I am so grumpy.

Last edited by a moderator:
tucker ashley perfecting moisturizer

sigma beauty mini blending brush

smashbox full exposure mascara

modelco highlighting trio

inspr beauty eye shadow

Not so happy this month everything but the brush and mascara may be up for swap.

Trying to cancel mine. Terrible bags consistently. But after this one I decided to pull the plug. I go through the cancellation process, and they say they'll send an email with a link to cancel my acct...but the email HAS NO LINK. Has anyone else experienced this before?
image.jpg
Maybe if you use a desktop computer it helps? I just canceled my Ipsy account, and there was a link in my email I received. Then clicked it and it said cancellation confirmed so we'll see. I guess November will be my last bag. I just bought a Glossybox year sub so don't need to throw $120 down the drain for the next year on Ipsy. 

This month I'm getting-

Smashbox Cosmetics Full Exposure Mascara- I don't find mascara samples particularly exciting however it is the one item I use more than anything else. They are very appreciated.

Figs & Rouge Mattifying Emulsion Pore Refiner- Seems like it's for oil control and breakouts. The idea of this I like but I don't like how high on the list fragrance is listed. Fragrance is not helpful in skincare. I would rather have my skincare smell like sulfur and have clear skin than to have my skincare smell like roses but contributes to a giant zit. I will try it and hope it doesn't bother my skin because I actually really like products like this. 

Mai Coture Blush Papier- Do these actually work or will they just smear my makeup around? The idea is neat and the colors are nice though.

Bdellium Tools Studio Blending Brush 776- I love brushes so I'm very happy with this! 

INSPR Beauty Eye Shadow in Carnival- This is an interesting neutral shade. I think because I have green eyes I would have been more interested in the ColourPop or even the Luxie Beauty shadows. 

Overall not a bad bag. I wish I could have gotten a different color eye shadow or some nail polish. I wouldn't have minded trying the Skin Inc product either. 

I'm glad I cancelled but darn it I want that bag. Over a year of ipsy bags and the month I cancel they actually come out with a bag design I really like. Sigh.

not too impressed this month:( Would've loved some brow makeup, fragrance, or nail polish but I'm stuck with some pretty cheap and cruddy samples I'll never use:(
ne9g8z.png

@@kayla0906 I agree, my bag this month isn't good either. I canceled it, I love the bag design but none of the products. I just bought a year sub to Glossybox and it's cheaper than Ipsy. So it was finally time to cancel Ipsy. 

Back