Ipsy November 2015 Glam Bags *Spoilers Included*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting:

Smashbox mascara- nice brand and handy to have around

Blush papers- I'm probably most excited for these! I have plenty of blush but this is something new for me to try.

Lip crayon- I like the eye shadow crayon I got from them before. Hopefully I get a shade of lipstick that works for me.

Luxie eyeshadow- I like my Luxie brushes but I'm not an eyeshadow person. I don't mind getting them from Ipsy when everyone gets an eyeshadow but it irks me when there are other options. I wish I would have gotten the Gimme Brow instead or the gel eyeliner that never comes my way. I'll try to trade this.

Coolway Hairspray- not excited about his. I suspect no one is.

I like the bag design!

Getting:
Dermelect peptide infused lacquer
..maybe, I like nail polish, but if it's that terrible nude, nope

Be a Bombshell mechanical liner nope.

Albertini International Pumpkin Exfoliating Mask Okay, I am pretty pumped abut this.

Smashbox Full exposure mascara..OK

Trestique mini matte lip crayon eh, maybe

Hi. I'm new to this thread although this will be my fourth Ipsy bag. Usually I'm real happy with at least two items.

This month I'm getting:

Smashbox Full Exposure mascara- Very happy with this! I love mascara and I'm thrilled to get something from Smashbox.

TreStiQue mini matte crayon- waiting to see the color before I decide whether I like it or not.

INSPR Beauty angle liner brush - yay! I've been waiting to get some brushes.

ModelCo highlighting trio - I'm pretty excited about this too. It looks really nice and I don't own anything like this. Hope it's as good as it looks.

Coolway Stronghold spray - I usually get one item I have zero interest in. This would be it in this bag. I'm open to giving it a try though. It may be a convenient thing to keep in my purse.

3 things I'm happy I'm getting so I'd consider it a good bag.

This month I'm getting:

Beaute gel eyeliner and brush

Sinful colors nail polish

Smashbox mascara

Coolway hairspray

Trestique lip crayon

I'm not excited for the eyeliner, but I always love getting brushes in sub boxes. I don't use nail polish so that's a loser for me. I'm excited for the mascara and the lip crayon, but the coolway doesn't do anything for me. Overall, an ok bag this month.

This thread is a little sad. Did anyone get a mysterious survey from Ipsy a while back.  I don't remember all the details but one of the questions hinted at the monthly sub going away or changing. They asked what I would do if Ipsy bags went away or didn't go out any longer and how I would feel.

I kinda said uh #longhairdon'tcare and that I'd just get another sub.

They also asked how they could improve. I literally wrote "Stop sending mascara, black eyeliner and red lipstick/gloss"  That'll never happen though....

Anyway, no idea where or when my bag will be here but I did pick up three chapsticks with my points, I'm most looking forward to them arriving, kinda meh on my bag.  Sad times, Ipsy, sad times.

I just noticed that the new Too Faced Chocolate bon bon palette is available for 1500. If I referred myself 4 times I'd have enough points. Does it count if all of my bag clones are waitlisted? 

I just noticed that the new Too Faced Chocolate bon bon palette is available for 1500. If I referred myself 4 times I'd have enough points. Does it count if all of my bag clones are waitlisted?
Wow! Now I regret getting he Colourpop set for 1500 last week!

This thread is a little sad. Did anyone get a mysterious survey from Ipsy a while back. I don't remember all the details but one of the questions hinted at the monthly sub going away or changing. They asked what I would do if Ipsy bags went away or didn't go out any longer and how I would feel.

I kinda said uh #longhairdon'tcare and that I'd just get another sub.

They also asked how they could improve. I literally wrote "Stop sending mascara, black eyeliner and red lipstick/gloss"

I basically said the same thing!

Ipsy has been disappointing me lately. When I first joined earlier this year it was exciting to be able to look and be surprised about which "special" item I would get, but the lack of variety recently has been upsetting. I hope next month is better then these last two. 

I unsubbed on my second account, saw the cute bag and the possibility of Colourpop and Luxie and resubbed again. Tonight I saw my second bags' contents and underwhelming doesn't begin to describe it. 

Smashbox mascara, trestique matte lip pencil (already have Nantucket Nude so I hope to get one of the other two colors), BaB mechanical eye liner pencil (another black eyeliner, suprise!), Albertini pumpkin mask (UGH NO! masks and pumpkin are two of the things I dislike the most, just,... no..) and another dermelect nail polish. However, I don't regret re-subbing. At least not yet, we'll see what December holds and it better be good.

I canceled Ipsy as soon as I bought a year sub to Glossybox for $8.75/box. It's been the most disappointing sub, I felt I threw $170 bucks down the drain in the last year and a half. I only had maybe 3 or 4 really good bags but nothing ever exciting. The value is better than Birchbox, I actually got full size items or big samples, but things I'd never use. At least Glossybox will have lots of full size items. 

My bag was a bust this month.

The mascara (everyone got it  but ugh)

Luxie Shadow (I have a billion in similar shades)

Coolway (I hate this product. If I never get anything from them again, I'd be thrilled and Harvey Prince too)

Blushpapers (meh, I got some in a bag from Ulta last year. not impressed)

the Lip Crayon (I've gotten some pretty awful colors this year)

I'm thinking maybe the survey they sent some was in regards to the makeup bags themselves.  I surely don't need 12 a year.  lol  I've donated most of them away this year.  

J. Cat eyeliner pencil - ugh hate eyeliner pencils, I only use gel.

Figs & Rouge primer - I'll use it.

Crown crease brush - always love brushes!

Dermelect ugly nude color polish

Smashbox mascara

The bag is fab though. Rather lacklustsr for my first ipsy.

Is there a special referral bonus if I refer myself?

I just used the Jelly Pong Pong highlighter today. OMG!!! It smells like kettle corn or Beauty Protector. I want all of my makeup to smell like that.  :wub:

I got:

Jelly Pong Pong liquid gossamer- whole lotta nope there

Smashbox Mascara- whole lotta nope

Trestique- in *surprise* Chile red...so nope

Luxie eyeshadow- I might have been happier about this if it were a different color. This one is too dark for me.

Skininc Pure revival peel- I don't use this kinda stuff.

The only plus side of this bag is the actual bag. Although after seeing all the options, I don't think there was actually anything I wanted.

Maybe December will be fabulous.

I finally got my Ipsy bag today, it was so-so personally

I got the Hey Honey Facial Scrub which smells amazing, but it is all harden/frozen in the bottle somehow? Hopefully it thaws out

The Navy gel eyeliner and brush, the brush is plain out horrible, but the shade is pretty

Sigma brush, super excited! My first Sigma brush, seems nice so far

Smashbox mascara, I have way too many of these

And the lid primer, seems good so far!

Now if only I get my December bag faster than this one!

Back