Is 15 too young for makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think its ok as long as you're not trying to be something you're not and feel you have to wear it. i remember when i was 15 and i was experimenting with makeup. keep it fun and simple i say... ENJOY!

I agree with most of the posts before. I started wearing it early too: eyeliner, mascara, gloss and a soft pink lipstick... No foundation and stuff...

I think it's fine as long as it remains natural looking, and not too outrageous.

I think it's fine.

I was wearing a full face of make-up at 15 because I had very low self-esteem. I had (well still have) noticable dark circles and kids are cruel. The only way I felt confident was to learn how to hide them. I suppose at first I used make-up as a mask really but as time has gone on I've learned to tone it down and I'm a lot happier.

I do feel like make-up gave me confidence and I think that's why my mum allowed me to wear it.

I think mascara and gloss should be the minimum at 15 but the most should include eye shadow, some liner and a little bit of concealer for the zits and nothing more. As long as it looks natural their should be no problem.

I started wearing makeup when I was 12, so I definitely think that 15 is a much better age.

I wouldn't consider it being made up, though.. it was merely eyeliner, mascara, gloss, and concealer.

i started wearing makeup when i was nine, but that was because i used to do dance stage shows and things. i always thought that was way too young! i properly started to wear makeup when i was about 13 or 14 and in my goth phase (think huge stereotypical black eyes! lol) but i didn't actually wear foundation or a full face of makeup till i was about 17.

wearing makeup at 15 is fine i'd say.

mascara and lipgloss would be appropriate for a 15 year old. Any more than that would be to much. IMO

I think it's fine. I started wearing makeup when I was 13. I was only allowed to wear mascara, pressed powder, and lip-gloss, so, it was very natural looking. And when I turned 15, I was given more freedom, I started playing with eye shadows, and lipstick.

I started wearing clear lip-gloss and clear mascara when I was 12 (that's all my folks would allow at that age). By the time I turned 14, my makeup bag consisted of a light pink blush, some brown mascara, one sheer lip-gloss and a nude-pinky lipstick.

It wasn't until I was 16 (and made my own $$ via a part-time mall job) that I went out bought my first eye-shadow quad, a black eyeliner and a powder foundation (all drug-store).... and even then, my mom checked to make sure I wasn't buying anything too crazy (bright blue eye-shadow and hot pink lipstick, anyone?? Hey! It was the 80's!)

I think a minimal look is fine, when a Senior or something... then add the eyeshadow and stuff.

I teach my sister a lot of basics, but she ends up going gross and putting eyeliner only and she comes home looking beat up with her smudge eyeliner. She never learns. I tell her stuff from my experience and she never listens and then like months down the line does what I suggested long ago. Pfft. Teenagers, lol.

You all started at 10+? Shoot, I let my 6 year old daughter experiment.
redface.gif
She even has her own train case. She isn't allowed out in more than lipsmackers and maybe some luminizer, but at home she likes to play with her makeup while I do mine. I do try and show her application techniques, and she asks me lots of questions while I do mine.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif You all started at 10+? Shoot, I let my 6 year old daughter experiment.
redface.gif
She even has her own train case. She isn't allowed out in more than lipsmackers and maybe some luminizer, but at home she likes to play with her makeup while I do mine. I do try and show her application techniques, and she asks me lots of questions while I do mine. I was probably playing with make-up from that age too. My mum got sick of me putting on her lipstick and stuff so she got me some of my own kiddy lipglosses lol Didn't stop me from walking round the house in her shoes though
tongue.gif
I think it's nice that you do that sort of thing with your daughter
smile.gif
I used to love doing stuff like that with my mum.

15 is the age i started wearing makeup, so i think it's totally fine. but as some have said, i would keep it neutral, because frankly at that age, your youth is your best weapon.

No, I started wearing makeup around 13. We all have to start someday! Just not too heavy, otherwise 15 in my opinon is a good age to start experimenting with makeup and learning how to apply it. Good Luck.

At 15 all I wore was black e/l on my waterline, clear mascara and a pressed powder. Maybe a nice sheer gloss too? Alas, that's all I needed to feel gorgeous back then... Okay, and I seriously don't think my mom would've let me go with a full face LOL!

i was wearing makeup at 15. i started using this site when I turned 15. i think that if it doesn't look overdone and like a clown then its okay. i was wearing a lot of really vibrant colors on my eyes at 14 and 15 I wasn't as good as I am now, but practice makes perfect. I think 12 is too young IMO

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was probably playing with make-up from that age too. My mum got sick of me putting on her lipstick and stuff so she got me some of my own kiddy lipglosses lol Didn't stop me from walking round the house in her shoes though
tongue.gif
I think it's nice that you do that sort of thing with your daughter
smile.gif
I used to love doing stuff like that with my mum.

She does wear my shoes. In fact she likes to put on my wrap dress, my shoes, and wear one of my purses to pretend to be me lol. I think it's cute.
smile.gif

Back