Is 15 too young for makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15? for Makeup but at 12 i had mine so i guess 15 i think its old just to start putting on makeup. on 13 for makeup its ok

Not at all! I started wearing makeup when I got into high school so 13-14ish. I wore tons of makeup when I was 15 lol I'm glad I got out of that phase.

nope,im younger than 15 and i wear false eyelashes almost everyday. point is:your never too young to do whatever you wish to do. if it raises your confidence level,thats awsome. i started wearing make-up at 11 years old, my dad was cool about it, but my mom hated it,she thought i look like a scared kat. hahah!

Nope ! I started to wear makeup at age 12 !
flowers.gif

I have 2 little mini make up addicts in the making..haha 2&3..haha the most they do now is use creams on their legs and arms ( Baby aveeno haha I use it too)...but yea at 15..hmm, In my personal opinion full out makeup, foundation, lashes, lips, bronzer,blush- NO. haha, at that age the skin is mostly so healthy and glowing from being natural and young, Id say start a cute lipgloss stash and maybe some light neutral eyeshadows.

Girl, I'm 15 and am madly in love with makeup. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Don't cake it on or anything though (like foudnation), that doesn't look good at any age! I started wearing lipgloss/mascara when I was 13 and slowly started exploring new products.
smile.gif

I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until I turned 15, and I guess it's ok, but like others said let's stick to neutrals.

Previous to 15, I think you should only wear cover up and stuff for blemishes, and maybe some lipgloss, extensive makeup under that is just tacky to me.

i feel that when a girl starts to get acne, she should be able to cover it up with makeup if she wants to. & then as the years go by have her graduate to more mature makeup. light pink liglosses & then neutral shadows & then light mascara :] & of course i would teach her the basics of makeup technique. when its too much & how to do it
biggrin.gif
but i myself am 15, but ive been told that im pretty great at makeup. so if its something she wants to be when she grows up, allow her the freedom to experiment :] even walking out of the house looking crazy [as in creatively...like leopard print eyes
biggrin.gif
]; its good for her character. to learn how people react to what is on your face & how to be strong & true to yourself through all of that.

I think it's fine. I started wearing makeup when I was 8, but none of my friends did until their preteens. Some didn't even start till a couple years ago - when they were 16. I don't really think there is much need for wearing makeup at a young age, but I did, so I can't exactly say you shouldn't or anything...

Neutral and very good quality products, since e 15 yr old is prone to breakouts

i think its ok, as long as they aren't wearing too much. maybe some tinted moisturizer if they really NEED it, like if they have rosacea or something. but i think generally they should only wear a little mascara,concealer if necessary, and light eyeshadow, and some lip gloss of course

Originally Posted by Neeky /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just make sure you don't end up looking like that Miley Cyrus !!!! lol. she is way too sexy for her age

Yes, it is. To me 16 is the ideal age. Young girls are growing up way too fast nowadays (trust me, I know first hand) but I feel like 16, the age at with most parents let their children go on dates and such is the right age to start wearing makeup.

I am not expert but in my opinion I don't see anything wrong with a 15yo wearing some makeup. I think its part of growing up for a girl and as long as the teenager has some guidance and limitations its fine.

Well this is what I think, it's not that it's bad to start young wearing up. But it's bad to use to make yourself older then you really are.

Eyes: I would stick nice Light colors, not use dark colors.

Face: Do not cake stuff on, Nice powered would be okay.

Lips: No dark red or purples, Some nice shimmery pinks or clear glosses are nice.

It doesn't matter if already look like 20, when your are 13-16. I had the same problem(I had 30 something guys hit on me >_<) Putting on make up that will make look older is not a good thing. Enjoy your teenage years, while you can.

I see no problem with seeing 13 yo girls walking around in makeup. as long as it looks good and isn't layered on.

when i was about 10 my mom started making my face up for special occassions, because she knew how bad my face made me feel; and she'd go through all the layers. then i started doing my occasion make up when i was 12, and started wearing sparkley (pretty much invisible) e/s at 13.

even now, my version of a full face is an all day lipstick, liquid e/l, POWish e/s (light inner corners, and attention grabbing outer corners(i'm still real light on color though, nothing bright or darker than medium brown)) and loose powder.

i'll do foundation, loose powder, e/l, smokey type eyes, and lipstick or gloss for outings though...

i figure as long as you're not made up and in baggy sweats and tee shirts, or not made up (to some extent) and in a fancy dress, its ok. as long as the make up goes with the style and isn't overkill

Back