is counting cals a healthy way to lose weight????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know what the ... are you suspectinhlg for me. I am not anorexic neither I have problems with my relationship with food.

I just have a different opinion from you and thats okay. I do think veganism and plant based diet is the most healthy diet in this planet. I wont try to convince you or anything. Its you that you are the lead of your body. Also, I dont care about what men think I dont know why you are telling me this again n again. Anyways.

Im now going to post some videos here If you want to watch them and educate for food and not only for ED and weight appearance in general. Food is more important.health. not what other see you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway. Im posting thess,no obligation to see them.just because i dont want to try to make u understand exactly what i am thinking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IhZ-R1O8g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQTpxjbwaM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJcq8qHAY

This is my last post.

Take care and love yourself!

I think ALL women care what men think on some level unless their lesbians .But on a different note

I dont think you have anorexia I never said you did I just think you have issues with food since many vegans / vegetarians do have problems not only with their own nutrition but even eating something other than their routine they will lose their s*** and it causes them to freak out / have a  mental breakdown.An example would be Gwyneth Paltrow vegan / doesnt eat ever lol.She wont even let her own kids have a piece of candy or pizza or any junk food ever but their father who is probably happier not with her now lets the kids eat actual food  lol.Her entire marriage fell apart because her extreme eating habits to the point where he didnt even wanna be with her anymore.She took it to that extreme.I feel like you take it that seriously to that same level as she does that was my entire point its her whole way of life and god forbid if she eats outside the diet for one day .She would probably lose her damn mind if she had a carb.

Issues with food doesnt mean you have to be anorexic / bulimic.Many people today in 2016 who have problems mask it with detoxing or obsessive exercising or trend diet fads or health nuts/ fitness OCD people.They have eating disorders too its just a different way of going about it.Their are many disorders that involve peoples eating habits or lack thereof .

But about anorexics as a side note many of them after recovery become vegan because its a way for them to still have a disorder they eat without really eating anything you can youtube that if you dont believe me just type in vegan eating disorders.

Last edited:
Also on an unrelated note to a comment someone said earlier saying things like "men don't want a skinny girl!" or "men like a little meat on your bones" and "it's not sexy to be too thin" or the worst "real women have curves!" is just as bad as saying men won't want you if you're fat.

There are billions of men in the world and they don't all want the same thing. Which is good because not all women have the same body type. I see plenty of women who are skinny whether it be their natural body type or from dieting and somehow they've still found men to date or marry them. Same with women some might consider fat.

Of course you shouldn't base your body image or your worth on what you think a man wants, but don't get the warped idea that men won't want you if you look a certain way.
I'am a skinny girl I didnt say men dont want a skinny girl  lol you cant quote me on that because it doesnt exist I said men dont want a girl who doesnt eat meaning overly skinny or people who go out to dinner on a date eating a salad or counting calories or people who do fad diets men want you to eat.I have heard men even say they like when a girl gains a little bit of weight they do like curves boobs / butt / hips they dont want to date someone who has the same body type as they do .I have heard a guy say he liked a girl and it looked like she gained a little bit of weight from working at a bakery but he said he liked her so it wasnt like he saw she was fat and was like aww hell no .

Men dont want to date a girl who freaks out over eating a potato chip

Detoxing couldnt be more unhealthy you have juice and no food  the entire day sometimes for weeks at a time .I dont care what hippie told you a plant based diet is healthy its not your not eating anything really if you saw a dietician or a nutritionist they would tell you to eat a lot more and incorporate MUCH more food they would  not tell you to just  eat plants or fruit . Veggies are like no calories someone would likely pass out on that diet.

Last edited:
You can get enough calories through fruit and veggies and beans/legumes you just have to consume more actual food.

It's not for me personally but plenty of vegetarians/vegans live healthy lifestyles without starving themselves.

Hey, I haven't been around in awhile, so forgive me if this comment seems out of the blue but I do have a few thoughts on the topic.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November, and I use MyFitnessPal, which is a food diary and general health tracker, to keep track of a variety of health factors. Carb counts are really important when you're diabetic, and since you can search foods within the app, it's easy to see how many carbs a food has, as well as how many a whole meal has. (and also fiber content, which is also important for diabetics) This includes a lot of restaurant items, which previously I had to try and look up the restaurants website, and try to find nutritional info for various menu items. Often sides and entrees would be listed separately so trying to keep a running total of what was what got frustrating, where as now I type it in and it's all right in front of me. So much easier. 

I do pay attention to the calories, but I don't over stress about them. I have a general goal my doctor set for me and I use that as a guideline, but if I'm over sometimes, oh well. If I'm at a birthday party, I have a piece of cake and don't sweat it. The work I've done to keep my overall numbers (calories and carbs) in the right range has also kept my blood sugar levels really steady, so an indulgence here and there doesn't put me in danger. I've also lost weight almost as a side effect, and that has really brought down both my day to day numbers as well as lowered my A1C (which measures how often your blood sugar is high over a 3 month period). I am highly motivated to not have to use injectables to control my diabetes, so being able to control it with diet and exercise is a big deal for me. 

Anyway, my point is that having a food diary/calorie tracking app isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's proved to be a useful tool for me in managing my health overall. I could just choose to use insulin injections to control my diabetes and just eat whatever, but I'm a needle chicken and would prefer to put that off as long as possible. And since I have been able to improve my overall health, I am able to indulge without feeling guilty or worrying about bad side effects. I know what and how much of a treat I can eat safely and that is actually very empowering when it comes to feeling in control of my own health. 

Hey, I haven't been around in awhile, so forgive me if this comment seems out of the blue but I do have a few thoughts on the topic.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in November, and I use MyFitnessPal, which is a food diary and general health tracker, to keep track of a variety of health factors. Carb counts are really important when you're diabetic, and since you can search foods within the app, it's easy to see how many carbs a food has, as well as how many a whole meal has. (and also fiber content, which is also important for diabetics) This includes a lot of restaurant items, which previously I had to try and look up the restaurants website, and try to find nutritional info for various menu items. Often sides and entrees would be listed separately so trying to keep a running total of what was what got frustrating, where as now I type it in and it's all right in front of me. So much easier. 

I do pay attention to the calories, but I don't over stress about them. I have a general goal my doctor set for me and I use that as a guideline, but if I'm over sometimes, oh well. If I'm at a birthday party, I have a piece of cake and don't sweat it. The work I've done to keep my overall numbers (calories and carbs) in the right range has also kept my blood sugar levels really steady, so an indulgence here and there doesn't put me in danger. I've also lost weight almost as a side effect, and that has really brought down both my day to day numbers as well as lowered my A1C (which measures how often your blood sugar is high over a 3 month period). I am highly motivated to not have to use injectables to control my diabetes, so being able to control it with diet and exercise is a big deal for me. 

Anyway, my point is that having a food diary/calorie tracking app isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's proved to be a useful tool for me in managing my health overall. I could just choose to use insulin injections to control my diabetes and just eat whatever, but I'm a needle chicken and would prefer to put that off as long as possible. And since I have been able to improve my overall health, I am able to indulge without feeling guilty or worrying about bad side effects. I know what and how much of a treat I can eat safely and that is actually very empowering when it comes to feeling in control of my own health. 
But the other girls on here using food diarys dont have a medical condition like diabetes thats why its more likely done for other unhealthy weight obsessive counting calories eating one crouton per a day reasons for weight loss purposes.Your human you eat thats okay food is a part of life.Type 1 diabetics get it from genes and they can be really skinny and it just runs in their familys genes and thats how they get diabetes type 1 its not from the foods they eat its all genetics for them.But yeah they eat sugar too and carbs they have to otherwise they could go unconcious and die if they dont eat enough.If they didnt eat sugar with a low blood sugar they could die its serious its no joke.

Last edited:
You can get enough calories through fruit and veggies and beans/legumes you just have to consume more actual food.

It's not for me personally but plenty of vegetarians/vegans live healthy lifestyles without starving themselves.
I would rather eat a juicy filet mignon steak cooked medium well lol.

Back