is counting cals a healthy way to lose weight????

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw all the pictures. There are not many.

She has delicious meals but unfortunately aome of them are just packaged processed. But who cares. Importance has the obsession with food .

Because ahe is having sime trouble but at least she will fight it in the end.

I saw all the pictures. There are not many.

She has delicious meals but unfortunately aome of them are just packaged processed. But who cares. Importance has the obsession with food .

Because ahe is having sime trouble but at least she will fight it in the end.
Yeah but if you look at her original instagram she doesnt look like she has gained any weight at all and she has had it for a while were talking at least a couple years now maybe even longer than that.Their is no change in her apperance whatsoever if your eating and you have an ED you will gain weight regardless because your body is malnourished at that point so I dont think she is even eating / in recovery.Things like food diarys , anorexic selfies and looking for compliments / positive feedback on how you look with anorexia is a sign your no where near recovery all her instagram followers have issues with food as well thats why its a pro anorexia trend its what anorexics do when they dont eat they try and find girls similar to themselves and share tips and give each other positive feedback and share stories on how they did it.

Plus she had to have gone to treatment at some point in her life they would never tell her to count calories / do a food log / diary for fear the anorexia would start up again those are all behaviors that would trigger them not help them.Her instagram is below.

You can tell she is not recovered because the hollowed out cheeckbones, the entire rib cage showing the bones in her back and her spine the entire bone.I mean dont get me wrong recoverys great but if your not in it just be real about it.I think shes been doing it for attention for a while now.

I can tell because being a size small / even x small sometimes in clothes  you still look healthy your bones dont protrude out in that way unless your doing something to achieve that look yourself.

I used to have anorexia back when I was  a teen .I dealt with it a little bit but it came and went but when I was in college for a little while  I had it for at least a year maybe even a little over a year after I dated this one guy  I was in a verbally abusive relationship at the time.He would always put me down and belittle me and call me ugly and fat the name calling was something that didnt make sense to me because this person said they were in love with me and wanted to marry me I said no obviously. Other times he would stare at girls  and when I would call him out on it he would say your ugly or you are not that good looking.He called me stupid in public loudly like yelling at me  in front of people at a gym  and I'am pretty sure the entire front desk saw it happen later he apologized to me but again the cycle of verbal abuse never stops.At my lowest I was either 89 pounds or 90 pounds at 5'8 but at some point you know if you want recovery you do it so I can tell what recovery looks like and what its not  and that girls in depression and anorexia still.Getting out of that relationship was part of how I overcame it  I ended that  relationship and moved on with my life .I just felt better about myself in general and saw how other guys treated me compared to the way he treated me and I knew after that experience what I deserve and how I deserve to be treated and I learned about my own self worth.

I dont have any issues with food now I eat whatever I'am naturally thin to begin with so if I gain weight to begin with I'am not gonna care much I learned the hard way lol.But having gone through that experience I changed as a person and am a much better stronger independent woman now I'am much more self aware and have a confidence about myself I tend to tell people off who try and start s**t with me now I stand up for myself .

https://www.instagram.com/embersrecovery/?hl=en

Last edited:
Omg i just saw the instagram.

She is so thin.

I hope she will be okay and normal fat percent some day.

I will never be like that. I wish i wont be.

Omg i just saw the instagram.

She is so thin.

I hope she will be okay and normal fat percent some day.

I will never be like that. I wish i wont be.
Yeah its hard to feel bad for her though because she is not a good person I have seen the things she has done and said to women on her instagram and twitter page she is a b**** .People might say oh well shes going through a lot but even if you need to be put back into a mental hospital and your life sucks you dont act like that lol.If an anorexic girl attacked me verbally on social media I would say things that would put her in her place real quick though I wouldnt tolerate that.But just like every individuals different not everyone with mental issues is a good person and if shes gonna call people on her social media alcoholics and say crap about them she needs to take a good look in the mirror and see who she really is the ember girl is a complete nut job .She called someone a C**t the other day .All that not eating has made her mentally more f***ed up angry and depressed / hateful / unhappy.

Last edited:
I thought Pokemon would help me get off the couch but I failed. LOL. I do not have Pokeballs anymore so I could not catch any Pokemons. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On the topic, a month ago, I motivated myself to eat healthy because I want to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I got so obsessed with calorie counts, sugar and salt content of each food that I take. Until recently, I felt it's not doing good for me. I step on the weighing scale and see that it is working! Aside from that, I took bootcamp classes and walk my kid around the neighborhood so I could get 6000 steps per day.

IDK what happened to me but it went downhill a few days ago. My weight fluctuates. I lost 5lbs then two days after, I gain 6lbs. I do not have anyone to motivate me in my fitness journey so I ditched that calorie obsession.

What I just did for the past few days is to get hydrated in between meals. It makes me feel full and eventually I eat less. I use a small plate too and control myself not to take another serving of food. Fruits and trail mix for snacks are good too. I eat whatever I like as long as I drink plenty of water. Absolutely no junk food in our household. Though sometimes, I drink soda once a week.
Wow ! I know a girl who had a kid shes a total b*** and shes fat as ever but if she was a good person I might feel bad that she didnt lose any baby weight lol.Its great you actually tried to lose weight all she does is eat like shes still pregnant eating for two.You look great though the diet and exercise has worked.

I'am a size small naturally sometimes x small but I eat anything I want I dont think I would survive in your house lol I like snacks , junk food , fast food , everything.I also drink diet soda everyday but 0 calories so it doesnt do anything for me even caffeine doesnt have an effect on me.

Last edited:
But you have to eat healthy. Its an obligation to yourself and your loved ones.
But I'am not fat or obese or anything I'am thin I'am actually underweight probably for my height and age if anything I'am in the normal range for my BMI.I think its important to try and eat healthy and every now and then have a salad or some fruit or some protein but I 'am past that point in my life where what I eat defines who I'am .If I want a cheeseburger or some cheesefries or fettucine alfredo or pizza I'am gonna eat i and I dont feel bad about eating.I'am healthy.

Also were all going to die whether you were healthy or not its gonna happen to everyone at some point in their life no ones gonna live forever.And when we do die were not gonna say oh I wish I had another salad with low fat dressing.You only live once enjoy your life eat a sandwich with some fries have a donut no ones gonna care.

Last edited:
Hey im not trying to frustrate or offend you.

Eating healthy has nothing to do with being skinny or normal bmi.

The only prove you have to be healthy is being fat? No. Everyone needs to eat healthy nomatter weight.

So noone said you not eat junk here n there.

And your looks doesnt define who u are.

Hey im not trying to frustrate or offend you.

Eating healthy has nothing to do with being skinny or normal bmi.

The only prove you have to be healthy is being fat? No. Everyone needs to eat healthy nomatter weight.

So noone said you not eat junk here n there.

And your looks doesnt define who u are.
No I'am not offended I'am just saying most women dont diet to be healthy they do it to lose weight / try and improve their apperance in some way they are not doing it because they are happy with themsleves or how they look its a mental thing.If you wanna be healthy you can exercise join a gym take a walk it has nothing to do with food restriction because counting calories is not healthy nor is not eating and by not eating I mean depriving your body of food throughout the day to try and achieve a weight goal.

Let me put it this way men dont want a girl who is extremely thin so if your trying to do a health kick for male attention your going about things the wrong way.Men like women who eat .

Last edited:
You are not even close. Im overweight so and I dont care about what men think. I want be healthy by losing weight and be in a normal weight. Lose the weight the healthy way actually

Health is important.

You are not even close. Im overweight so and I dont care about what men think. I want be healthy by losing weight and be in a normal weight. Lose the weight the healthy way actually

Health is important.
But I feel in general  with women and weight their is always a reason / ulterior motive behind losing weight in the first place the main goal is usually not to be healthy its to look a certain way or to change their apperance so people will like them more things like that.I feel like women are obsessed with their weight and how they look men dont give a s**t they dont have those body image issues.

I just think many women suffer from mental issues regarding weight and their apperance and I have moved past that stage in my life where food is the obsession and how you look is all that matters.Women think people care about their weight and how they look and the truth is no one cares lol its just people who are into their apperance and think other people are looking at them all the time and judging how they look.People usually lose weight  for other people though its not for themselves maybe it is in your case but most of the time thats not the reason.

The truth is a lot of women just dont like who they are / like themselves and they wanna change their apperance physically to feel better about how they look.If being vegan or whatever makes you feel good about yourself and your lifestyle choices and makes you happy do you.I was just saying lots of women choose losing weight as a way to deal with their issues regarding how they feel about themselves.

Their are women who are fat and happy they may not eat healthy all the time but guaranteed they get to eat that cupcake you have been wanting for years and they probably get to actually enjoy food and it doesnt sound like you get to do that too often lol.

I'am 5'8 thin I dont stress out about food , exercise or calories the way women do on this thread because I'am in my 20s and I have been through that before and Ive been there done that.Its not like your gonna die if you have a dorito or a cheeto.If you freak out after eating something then thats a sign you got other issues going on.I dont feel bad about eating or after I eat.

Last edited:
Hello. Im gonna talk for myself and not in general because i dont want to confuse that. Im 5.10 and im overweight. I have some extra weight im not obsessed or like that. If you educate yourself and see whats inside that cupcake or doritos or cheetos you will never going to want this. Im just educating myself and i have heard things about these foods that dont like

Remember this. Food is your medicine. Food is something that gives you energey and nutrution to live. Its not there to solve your mental problems. Its not there to comfort you in your depression or anxiety.

Since i made this post a lot of things Ive learnt. I ve seen what bad "food" is gonna do to you and its not just make you fat.

I was bullied in school becauss I was shy...but never told me fat. Anyone. I was a chubby kid in school. But if you have such a problem,dont try to fix that with food or smoking or makeup or anything. Problems have to be managed with otger ways. So... there is meditation,and a lot of other techniques. By lovibg yourself and accepting.

I ve passed this stage. I no longer feel fat ir ugly or shame. I just to this for my health. And i am not talking about the freaking calories. I was on research then and i will always be. Food is a medicine remember that. We cant have a cupcake because of our emotional situation. Just think about it and watch maybe a few videos on the internet just to help you see that weught loss and overall health its not about others. Is for yourself. Your cells need nutrition from valuable food. Not junk.

And by the way...when it comes to judgement or what other people think of your looks,its only in your mind. The biggest enemy and judge is yourself. So less food or more food its not the solution. Solution is be kind and nice to yourself. And something else. Men and women are equal. We are both humanity with struggles. Dont just think that women are suffering in weight loss and image,and men dont give a shit. They give a shit. One person gives a shit about his health. They want to look good and feel good. And it can be only successful with healthy eating..not diets.

Hello. Im gonna talk for myself and not in general because i dont want to confuse that. Im 5.10 and im overweight. I have some extra weight im not obsessed or like that. If you educate yourself and see whats inside that cupcake or doritos or cheetos you will never going to want this. Im just educating myself and i have heard things about these foods that dont like

Remember this. Food is your medicine. Food is something that gives you energey and nutrution to live. Its not there to solve your mental problems. Its not there to comfort you in your depression or anxiety.

Since i made this post a lot of things Ive learnt. I ve seen what bad "food" is gonna do to you and its not just make you fat.

I was bullied in school becauss I was shy...but never told me fat. Anyone. I was a chubby kid in school. But if you have such a problem,dont try to fix that with food or smoking or makeup or anything. Problems have to be managed with otger ways. So... there is meditation,and a lot of other techniques. By lovibg yourself and accepting.

I ve passed this stage. I no longer feel fat ir ugly or shame. I just to this for my health. And i am not talking about the freaking calories. I was on research then and i will always be. Food is a medicine remember that. We cant have a cupcake because of our emotional situation. Just think about it and watch maybe a few videos on the internet just to help you see that weught loss and overall health its not about others. Is for yourself. Your cells need nutrition from valuable food. Not junk.

And by the way...when it comes to judgement or what other people think of your looks,its only in your mind. The biggest enemy and judge is yourself. So less food or more food its not the solution. Solution is be kind and nice to yourself. And something else. Men and women are equal. We are both humanity with struggles. Dont just think that women are suffering in weight loss and image,and men dont give a shit. They give a shit. One person gives a shit about his health. They want to look good and feel good. And it can be only successful with healthy eating..not diets.
Were talking from two different ends of the spectrum here I used to be anorexic at one point so weight obsession and food obsession are very unhealthy bad habits .If I did those things I would still have issues with food.I'am very educated just for the record  I work for surgeons I have college degrees the whole bit. I'am attractive but I'am not stupid.I know more about weight issues and how the womans mind works regarding weight probably more so than women in this thread because  just by reading some of the comments in this thread I can tell people have issues with food and their body image / self esteem.I dont think its uneducated of anyone to eat a dorito or a cheeto their is no fact based info to say vegan this or vegetarian that is healthy or  organic this or that is better for you because it doesnt exist because no one can say it does anything for you their is no research to back up that information.People do it because they think its better for ya but whos to say it is  your not even eating major food groups you cut out half of the food pyramid.So by not eating meat or cheese or bread maybe you are depriving your body of things it actually needs to function and have energy throughout the day.Food is food its not medicine its what humans need to live you can choose to try and save animals by not eating but the truth is vegetarians just refuse to eat animals that have been dead for a while in the food stores.In fact all vegetarians do is refuse to eat dead animals the animals are long gone it doesnt really save wildlife or do anything look up PETA it basically has done playboy like ads to try and get peoples attention .Many of the fad diets people do are very unhealthy juicing , detoxing those couldnt be worse for your health but people do it because they think it will work.

I think if you ate a cupcake it would cause you to have a nervous breakdown though that was my point thats not healthy nor is that normal behavior regarding eating.I realize your trying to lose weight but its possible your taking it too far.Having a snack whether its chips or a sweet is not the end of the world and if it is thats a sign something else is going on.Thats the kind of thoughts anorexics have if I eat a dorito or a cupcake or a cookie or a cheeto I will get fat thats your way of thinking that any snack food thats not a kale chips is the end all.Your body actually needs carbs and fat your not supposed to stop eating those entirely.

Trust me no mans not eating a dorito a cupcake or a cheeto right now because he wants to be thin lets put it that way. For men to be healthy they exercise they do things the right way they dont cut out entire food groups they dont want to not eat men are bigger than women so they actually need to eat more to sustain their weight to begin with they need a certain amount of calories especially if they want to have abs or a six pack or whatever.

Last edited:
I dont know what the ... are you suspectinhlg for me. I am not anorexic neither I have problems with my relationship with food.

I just have a different opinion from you and thats okay. I do think veganism and plant based diet is the most healthy diet in this planet. I wont try to convince you or anything. Its you that you are the lead of your body. Also, I dont care about what men think I dont know why you are telling me this again n again. Anyways.

Im now going to post some videos here If you want to watch them and educate for food and not only for ED and weight appearance in general. Food is more important.health. not what other see you :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyway. Im posting thess,no obligation to see them.just because i dont want to try to make u understand exactly what i am thinking.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d0IhZ-R1O8g

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQTpxjbwaM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HJcq8qHAY

This is my last post.

Take care and love yourself!

I think counting calories can be very safe and effective for people who have no history of disordered eating or obsessive behavior. Of course it's not a good method for anyone with an eating disorder or anyone with an already unhealthy body image.

Obviously you need to be eating healthy foods to make up most of those calories but that doesn't mean you can't factor in treats or junk as well, you just may have to cut calories in another area to allow that. For instance look at the calories in soft drinks. If you're drinking one or more a day you can skip that in exchange for snack foods you may crave. Same with sugary coffee drinks, switch to skim milk or sugar substitutes. Those small calorie cuts can make you feel like you're getting to eat more of the foods you enjoy. The main equation of weight loss is calories consumed vs calories burned. A healthy amount of calories to lose weight is around 1500. More if you exercise to point of burning a lot of calories.

But don't think you have to count calories your whole life, you can lose the desired weight and then just try to follow a "normal" healthy diet (whatever that means to you) and your weight should remain pretty consistent unless you're dealing with major lifestyle changes like illness or pregnancy or even just stress.

Not every diet or weightloss method is right for everyone. You have to consider your personality and your body image and why you're trying to lose weight to begin with.

Because a certain diet is a bad choice for someone else doesn't mean it's a bad choice for everyone. (With the exception of starvation and certain so called "detoxes" that we all know to be unhealthy.)

Also on an unrelated note to a comment someone said earlier saying things like "men don't want a skinny girl!" or "men like a little meat on your bones" and "it's not sexy to be too thin" or the worst "real women have curves!" is just as bad as saying men won't want you if you're fat.

There are billions of men in the world and they don't all want the same thing. Which is good because not all women have the same body type. I see plenty of women who are skinny whether it be their natural body type or from dieting and somehow they've still found men to date or marry them. Same with women some might consider fat.

Of course you shouldn't base your body image or your worth on what you think a man wants, but don't get the warped idea that men won't want you if you look a certain way.

I had the same bad view about detoxification . I thought it was dangerous and unhealthy and starvation and bad.

Until I learnt that deroxidication is a whole process in which the body getting rid of toxins and the symptoms are bad because of the toxins you have. But then your body returns clean and healthy. I didnt know that. Read more about detox. Its good if you know what you are doing.

I'm sure there are positive forms of detoxing especially if you do them with a doctors supervision, but generally speaking most people see detox as drinking hot water and lemon or buying expensive infomercial juice cleanses.

Back