Is this too skanky for company Christmas dinner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
100_4180.jpg

Dress above...but in BLACK INSTEAD!!

My friend is taking me as his guest, the event is semi-formal..they are spending $14 000 on the dinner (it's like a wedding!).

Now is this too skanky? lol

Hmm it depends on their dress code. Honestly I wouldnt wear it. I'd probably either show arms or legs so either long dress or long sleeves.

If the event is semi formal it might be okay... definitely the red is a no-no but in black, yeah it might not be so bad... you might wanna put a shrug or little sweater over your arms though so you aren't showing toooo much skin... and do like classy jewelry (nothing too extreme) to keep it appropriate.... but otherwise definitely a cute dress!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Unfortunately it's the only black dress I have! I don't want to spend money...!

hmmm, I'll sift through my closet and post pics of what I have and you guys can chose

i think it'd be cute w/a shrug .. or something that covers your shoulders ..

i think it would be ok (since it's black). a nice shawl to go over it would make it more appropriate for a company xmas party.

It's not something I would wear myself, but to each his own. Depends on the dress code.

I like it and think it would be fine in black. I like the other suggestions of wearing it with a shawl or something over your shoulders.

If you wear a shawl then it should be ok. Ask your friend what type of company he works for.

it's a software development company O_O

I've figured out a simple black skirt and black glittery long sleeved shirt -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Very pretty dress!!! Maybe a bit to much for a Christmas dinner.

What are some of the others planning to wear?

I would go for something a little more reserved/classical, but if you don't have the money to spend, it's ok, just wear some kind of jacket/shrug. You just to be comfortable, and not be worrying if your boobs are hanging out or you don't fit in! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back