Julep August 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box yesterday! I hope everyone else gets theirs soon too -- I'm dying to see some swatch photos. 
biggrin.gif
 I'm super backlogged on polish swatching, so I won't get around to these for a while myself.

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I'm excited for the nail polish remover .. I guess I have one that I like and works well . I guess I as well will decide when the colors come out but it may be a skipper for me this month. We shall see soon!
I changed to the " It Girl" for August since it had 3 bottles of polish and no nail polish remover. I also liked the polish colors in the :"It Box" a lot.

My box came  yesterday, and  I really do LOVE the colors!!  I was surprised by the big pretty pink box. Wasn't thrilled with the surprise extra item-  I have 2 add- on polishes coming- Piper, a pretty blue from another August kit and the coppe roser metallic color ( don't remember the name)  from the American Beauty Aug. collection.

Julep is starting to do some slightly more edgy things. I keep wondering if they are going to start offering gel nail polishes. I just saw some in the new special edition of Allure which features ULTA products. I think it's an OPI polish, but unlike the OPI made for Sephora, doesn't require the dryer or all of the many steps. ...

Has anyone else wondered if Julep will deveolp and sell sone gel polishes? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I;m holding off on buying the 1 bottle system OPI until Julep has a chance to  possibly let us try them in our kits.

I kept mine as Bombshell this month because I really like the silver and blackish colors. I love fingernail polish remover and it feels like I am always buying a new one so I am happy with getting one in my box. I also got a free add on so I got Melanie. I am happy about the free tote bag though because I like using those for grocery shopping instead of getting a ton of plastic bags. My Add on box still hasn't updated but it was shipped on the 29th and my actual box was shipped priority.

Has anyone used their "ONE FREE POLISH"  voucher from the July box yet? It's a "$11.20 value" and the polish I want is Melanie at $14.00.

I started to place the order, it's very easy to see where to put the gift voucher number, but then I have to choose which shipping option I want.

I have no problem paying the difference of $2. 80. BUT I thought we got free shipping if we get monthly Maven boxes?

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone used their "ONE FREE POLISH"  voucher from the July box yet? It's a "$11.20 value" and the polish I want is Melanie at $14.00.

I started to place the order, it's very easy to see where to put the gift voucher number, but then I have to choose which shipping option I want.

I have no problem paying the difference of $2. 80. BUT I thought we got free shipping if we get monthly Maven boxes?
You have to make sure you buy the polish from the Maven Boutique, not the regular shop. Go into your "My Account" section and there should be an option called "Maven Boutique - Polish". Here's a direct link if you still can't find it: http://www.julep.com/maven-boutique_polish

I used the code a while back and got a free polish and free shipping. But I believe I read on here that you can actually also use the code on products and I think maybe even boxes(?). It just subtracts $11.20 from your order total and then you pay the difference. I wish I'd done that instead -- even if I had to pay extra, overall it would've been a better value.

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make sure you sign into your maven account and go to the maven boutique- polish link. All the polish should now be $11.20

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have to make sure you buy the polish from the Maven Boutique, not the regular shop. Go into your "My Account" section and there should be an option called "Maven Boutique - Polish". Here's a direct link if you still can't find it: http://www.julep.com/maven-boutique_polish

I used the code a while back and got a free polish and free shipping. But I believe I read on here that you can actually also use the code on products and I think maybe even boxes(?). It just subtracts $11.20 from your order total and then you pay the difference. I wish I'd done that instead -- even if I had to pay extra, overall it would've been a better value.
It looks like you beat me to it
biggrin.gif

I just got my box today! The bag is super cute and everything looks amazing. I'm usually Classic With a Twist but, for this month, I switched to Boho Glam.

WOW Thank you! The link helped SO much. I'm terrible at maneuvering around in sites and finding exactly the right way to get the free stuff/vouchers/ etc.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does the voucher look like? I don't recall seeing anything like that in my box last month.
I think it's only sent out to people for their first full month after they get their intro box. Basically, you only get the voucher if you purchase that box, as an added incentive for not cancelling straight away after getting your 1-cent box.

Oh, I just received my August box and add-on, and I apparently got a little extra because I've been a member since the beginning:  A silver dog tag keychain with the Julep logo and "I'm an Original" stamped on it with a hand-written card thanking me for my membership!  And now I'm having a really hard time deciding which color to use tonight.  I got Isla (white), Piper (green), and Melanie (blue).  These are very much my sorts of colors!  

Oh, I just received my August box and add-on, and I apparently got a little extra because I've been a member since the beginning:  A silver dog tag keychain with the Julep logo and "I'm an Original" stamped on it with a hand-written card thanking me for my membership!  And now I'm having a really hard time deciding which color to use tonight.  I got Isla (white), Piper (green), and Melanie (blue).  These are very much my sorts of colors!  
wow, that is sweet! definitely looking forward to my upcoming box!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to see a picture *is jealous* I only just got my penny box this month. I bought the July box and got it just today, but I think my intro counted as my August box. It's just as well, as the colors didn't really appeal to me much. But hopefully September's box will.

I received the dog tag keychain and a note from Jane too. I thought that was a really nice touch! I love the keychain. =]

Back