Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gifI have mystery colours #1 and #2 from the mystery bag in September (?!??! really?! that long?!) Eeehhhhh. I wish they had names.
IKR! I have the brow doo doo looking one(that's what the bf said) and I wanted them to put a name on it!!!

Welp, I counted and swatched my nail polish collection today, and out of 277, only three are red. how weird.

I was convinced for the longest time the I didn't need to love any reds because I have plenty. nope. 7 neon pinks and a few dozen glitters, but only 3 reds.

If anybody has some pretty red polish recommendations from recent collections or permanent shades, I would love to hear your go to reds of any brands.

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the set with Trina and Mila.  Was thinking about the white box but I kinda want to see what the quality is like.  Can you ladies who ordered it on Friday keep us posted?
It's really nice. It does smell like new box, but letting it sit out in the open should get the smell to dissipate in no time. Bottom is entirely lined with felt to keep it from skidding. The outside is that shiny white laquer, inside is black with the Julep logo in silver. I like that the logo is on the  inside and not the outside. The one I received comes with the spacers in place for 12 bottles of nail polish, but you can take those out and move em around as needed. It's also packaged in a nice little white cardboard box that is definitely repurposable. I'd use it to wrap gifts with in a heartbeat.

Overall, it's definitely worth the $20 they have it listed for in the shop and I bought a second one from the secret store. I bought my first one at full maven price Friday. But after I did the math on what I spent on items, freebies I received, and adding in the Zulily voucher I used, I think I came out better than the Cyber Monday coupon I was sent.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welp, I counted and swatched my nail polish collection today, and out of 277, only three are red. how weird.

I was convinced for the longest time the I didn't need to love any reds because I have plenty. nope. 7 neon pinks and a few dozen glitters, but only 3 reds.

If anybody has some pretty red polish recommendations from recent collections or permanent shades, I would love to hear your go to reds of any brands.
Butter's Old Blighty is one of my go-to reds. It's a brick red, which I've nicknamed my "Amy Pond Red polish". I picked up Zoya's America during their 4th of July promo, and it's a really nice red too.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Butter's Old Blighty is one of my go-to reds. It's a brick red, which I've nicknamed my "Amy Pond Red polish". I picked up Zoya's America during their 4th of July promo, and it's a really nice red too.
Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OPI's The Spy Who Loved Me is a nice glass flecked red - good for the holidays.

Yup and yup on all those recommendations! Also, I like the swatches of Zoya's Sooki (I'm a huge fan of the show and have to own this lol), China Glaze Ruby Pumps...definitely think every person should have that and an extra bottle in their stashes lol.

Got my shipping notice! I wonder if the addons will ship separately since I got a set of 5 of those to give away... lol. The two polishes I added are ordered, but the sets are backordered.

my tracking # is 9400 though so I guess it's just a regular box. ): So sad I kind of wanted a golden box.

Ah, well, fun glittery polishes are still fun and glittery ^__^

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my shipping notice! I wonder if the addons will ship separately since I got a set of 5 of those to give away... lol. The two polishes I added are ordered, but the sets are backordered.

my tracking # is 9400 though so I guess it's just a regular box. ): So sad I kind of wanted a golden box.

Ah, well, fun glittery polishes are still fun and glittery ^__^
Which ones are the Golden Boxes...# wise? Also, I wonder if the lucky recipients usually order add ons or just the regular maven boxes...? I may just be hypothesizing for nothing, but am a little curious if that bears any attention..

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which ones are the Golden Boxes...# wise? Also, I wonder if the lucky recipients usually order add ons or just the regular maven boxes...? I may just be hypothesizing for nothing, but am a little curious if that bears any attention..
I think someone on a different Julep thread said that they were different than the 9400 numbers since they were heavier which is how you can tell... I guess 9400 are for the normal weight numbers.

No one who's ordered a fullset has gotten a golden box yet, but Julep says everyone is eligible in theory.

I just wonder if people who typically order add ons are less likely to win because they already spend extra and more money.. of course, the stipulation is that everyone who doesn't skip is eligible..I'm just rambling lol.

I managed to convince the bf to buy the whole collection for me, and I think it would only be fair that everybody is eligible for the golden box, just cuz I'm getting the whole collection, doesn't mean I can't get the golden box, that would just not be fair :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I say there should be equal chances for every subscriber that gets the box that month D:

Ohmygawdd mut iPad app! So amazing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Dangg it I got a 9400, I really really wanted the golden box. I almost bought the nail wardrobe, because at the twitter party I was the one on twitter who suggested they offer the whole collection so people who wanted to "buy" a golden box could.. But then i remembered that my other order of glitters just got delivered to my house and I wasn't too sad about not upgrading to the big box. My boyfriend gave his brother a pretty hefty wedding gift last month. I think we're going to go to Maui in January and I want an iPad mini, so I dialed back the julep upgrades :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> cut back on the extraneous purchases attached to his card.

I just got a shipping notice and it says my box is already out for delivery! I have to work tonight and am so excited...my afternoon nap might be a bust! Lol

So I ordered the whole wardrobe plus the glitter and glow set and I got 3 shipping emails with 3 different tracking numbers?! One should be my upgraded box and the other my add on set so what is the third tracking number?

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I ordered the whole wardrobe plus the glitter and glow set and I got 3 shipping emails with 3 different tracking numbers?! One should be my upgraded box and the other my add on set so what is the third tracking number?
No idea. I got two my self because I also upgraded to the whole wardrobe plus Glitter & Glow. What did the email subject say? Mine is Julep Maven Shipment and Julep: Add-On Shipment. Maybe a golden box? What's the tracking # begin with? My Maven shipment is 9405 and my add on is 9400.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No idea. I got two my self because I also upgraded to the whole wardrobe plus Glitter & Glow. What did the email subject say? Mine is Julep Maven Shipment and Julep: Add-On Shipment. Maybe a golden box? What's the tracking # begin with? My Maven shipment is 9405 and my add on is 9400.
If you upgraded to the whole box, I think it's going to be a different number because those are heavily by default. But since they're heavier, you don't know if you got a golden box until you open it! Hope springs eternal
biggrin.gif

My addons haven't shipped... I hope they do soon because I have to mail them to people as presents and that takes time as well

I got two Julep Maven shipments too. Both start with 9400 and were sent a day apart from each other. I'm assuming one is my add-ons and they sent the wrong e-mail. I also ordered some stuff from the secret store too. So I have no idea what to expect, I'm waiting to see if I get more shipping confirmations today. 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My addons shipped with 9434
rolleyes.gif
. That probably doesn't mean much since golden boxes only come with the default boxes lol
You never know. My add on was the Glitter & Glow (one) and the tracking on it is 9400 while the whole wardrobe is coming as 9405. I'm excited for you, and jealous if you did get a Golden box! LOL

I wish they showed shipping weights like BB does, that would help me rule out some ideas about what my two Maven Box shipment confirmations were about ;-)

Kyuu - when you got your add-ons shipment confirmation did it say "your add-ons have shipped" in the email? 

Latest posts

Back