Julep July 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They discontinued it?
When people were asking about more light dd cream, Julep said they weren't restocking it, which equals discontinued to a lot of us. It must have been a flaming bag of shit for them to promote the launch like they did and then just drop it.

all of the small stock of orly nail color that cvs carries at two locations in my town were half off; cvs doesn't offer this deal online (nor are there as many colors) but you should all check it out. i picked up gumdrop, sheer white tips, a french mani color i forgot, and kiss the bride. my friend loved love each other and rage.

i heard they started the sale last night (two dollar pomegranate scrubs, for example) and that really irritates me. i have no complaints with julep but that is unacceptable to do less than 48 hours before the scheduled and highly publicized sale starts. it's fine for a company to mark down products periodically without announcement, but not right before a sale so that most fans anticipating it don't have the ability to actually get the coveted sale items.

I don't know if it was detective work on people's part that found the link to the sale or Julep's fault for starting the sale early -- if you go to the following link (which is all over the comments on the warehouse sale post) you can see what's left -- sigh I really wanted to try the pomegranate stuff but thanks Julep for encouraging me to try other companies.  It's not like that link is hard to guess either ... so who knows how people found it.

http://www.julep.com/shop/warehouse-sale.html

Jenn, why knows? I can see how that would cause fb riots -- I would have been ok with people finding this link at like 3am pacific tomorrow (it was supposed to start at 6am which is still what fb event is saying) and I probably still would have purchased something at 6am but this far ahead -- Julep was already on thin ice with me so this pushed me off.

FWIW, there's a rocky candy set up as well as the sea salt set, guess these new colors didn't turn out so well

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if Julep will invalidate early orders when they get to the office tomorrow.
if this is how much they were originally going to price things then I doubt they'll invalidate it. No point in invalidating legitimate purchases. That would piss off just as many people than those that didn't know. 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if this is how much they were originally going to price things then I doubt they'll invalidate it. No point in invalidating legitimate purchases. That would piss off just as many people than those that didn't know. 
They're already in hot water from the DD creme fiasco last month so....

if the page was set up without realizing that people would be trying to find it early, i don't fault julep. they underestimated how people get down.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're already in hot water from the DD creme fiasco last month so....
what happened? I stayed away since I don't use foundations

Jenn, why knows? I can see how that would cause fb riots -- I would have been ok with people finding this link at like 3am pacific tomorrow (it was supposed to start at 6am which is still what fb event is saying) and I probably still would have purchased something at 6am but this far ahead -- Julep was already on thin ice with me so this pushed me off.
Guess I was just remembering the howls about the Allure box where the link on their site went to the wrong page, so a lot of people said they'd missed out. IDK which would be worse for julep at this point: cancelling the orders of people who got to the site early or making everyone who goes when they are supposed to and find many things already sold out equally mad. It just seems that almost everything they've done since they git that VC money earlier in the year has gone wrong somehow. Those investors may not be very happy with the results this quarter.

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if they've now caught it.. I have items in my cart and it won't let me checkout... it tells me to contact CS.
try your card? if you got the billing issue email before, you might have to do it manually by selecting to add a new card. i had that until i did this.

The stuff in the warehouse sale look pretty good but I might pass. Haven't decided yet.

I'm really, really hoping for a good month...a month where I can't decide which colors to get because they all look so good! I'm tired of being disappointed and skipping.

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if they've now caught it.. I have items in my cart and it won't let me checkout... it tells me to contact CS.
Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

try your card? if you got the billing issue email before, you might have to do it manually by selecting to add a new card. i had that until i did this.
Thank you SO MUCH! I didn't know anything about the credit card issue.... my order finally went through when I manually put in my cc info.
biggrin.gif

I'm so sad that I missed out on the rock candy & sea salt sets. I went to the site one hour after receiving the email and they were already sold out. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try to check back later. I was able to order the rock candy set after others said it was sold out.  They have restocked a few items like the lip products and pedi set.  I wish they would add items to the sale. I got:

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
copperlove.jpg
Copper Love
10-01-00245 1 $5.00
lemonmirengue.jpg
Lemon Meringue
10-01-00243 1 $5.00
rockcandycollection.jpg
Rock Candy Collection
10-01-00241 1 $10.00
olivia_1.jpg
Olivia Classic with a Twist