Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is bunny compared to Kate - I luv your polka dots lexxies22- how did u do your dots... A tool? I paint my nails weekly & I'm just getting into other fun stuff :). I need u gals to guide me

unrelated but i was thinking about buying a nail art tool set (yes i know i can make them myself but I thought it would make a good gift lol) and thought hey why not see what julep's looks like...

guess what? they dont have one! they've branched out into makeup but they haven't even filled out the nail market niche 
laughno.gif
 i dont get it

anyone have a cute set they'd recommend?

Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

unrelated but i was thinking about buying a nail art tool set (yes i know i can make them myself but I thought it would make a good gift lol) and thought hey why not see what julep's looks like...

guess what? they dont have one! they've branched out into makeup but they haven't even filled out the nail market niche 
laughno.gif
 i dont get it

anyone have a cute set they'd recommend?
ebay has sets of dotting tools (different sizes so you get different size dots) reasonably priced, as well as brush sets. I bought cheap ones and they are holding up great - I've even used them with gel polish and cleaned them up with pure acetone (make sure not to get any on the painted brush handle). I'm also not very artistic so I haven't used them all constantly, but I do have a few that get used at least a few times a month. I think for starting out, it's a good way to go so you don't waste money on pricey brushes you may never use. You can always pick up quality brushes of that style later. 

I've also heard good things about e.l.f. brushes - they're just a buck each, and many of the nail girls LOVE the concealer brush for cuticle clean up. I picked one up yesterday that I'm hoping to use later tonight.. or at least by the end of the week lol

Originally Posted by kira685 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ebay has sets of dotting tools (different sizes so you get different size dots) reasonably priced, as well as brush sets. I bought cheap ones and they are holding up great - I've even used them with gel polish and cleaned them up with pure acetone (make sure not to get any on the painted brush handle). I'm also not very artistic so I haven't used them all constantly, but I do have a few that get used at least a few times a month. I think for starting out, it's a good way to go so you don't waste money on pricey brushes you may never use. You can always pick up quality brushes of that style later. 

I've also heard good things about e.l.f. brushes - they're just a buck each, and many of the nail girls LOVE the concealer brush for cuticle clean up. I picked one up yesterday that I'm hoping to use later tonight.. or at least by the end of the week lol
ooh thanks! ill definitely pick up the elf brush, and maybe one for myself too. i always forget about ebay!

i just got that purse and someone said it looks a lot like denver. from what i've seen and heard, it's hard to describe them by blue/green as both are not really leaning more towards one or the other. based on google images and owning denver, it seems like dianna is smokier and not as bright/vibrant/dark as denver. however, i've also come across a few images where dianna looks really bright. it seems lighter than denver. this is definitely a hard comparison without owning both so hopefully someone can answer your question. i think if you like a lighter, smokier minty shade, go with dianna. if you want a more seafoamy, brighter and darker shade, go with denver.

I ended up getting Denver last night with my beautybio code $3.50 & free shipping.

Glad to hear that.  I guess I just got a bad bottle then?
Here's something crazy: the first time I tried Dianna, it was awful- patchy & stringy. I was devastated because I loved the color so much. I decided to give it another try & it worked perfectly. Guess the conditions have to be perfect for some of their formulas! I honestly cannot think of what it could possibly be...

where are people getting polishes so cheap? i don't see denver on sale anywhere. link please! =)

I saw on the fb page yesterday that it was on sale for $7 & they sent an email too. I just checked and its back to $11.20 maybe yesterday was the last day.

where are people getting polishes so cheap? i don't see denver on sale anywhere. link please! =)
They were running a special on Denver for $7 for 72 hours- I got the email days ago- sorry but I think the 72 hours are up:-(

it definitely was cut short by a few hours because i checked on what should have been the last night. actually, i already own denver so i was just looking for sales and when i searched for denver, it reflected the regular price, but probably would have been the sale price if i had added it to my cart.

Finally got my Julep box today... the DD cream in light works for my skin tone but the concealer is awful and I had to cut the tube open just to get to it!

Edit - Please no blog promoting, thank you! - Cookie

I noticed that some of you had your boxes cancelled due to missing DD cream.  I still have a couple of polishes from my sneak peek box on my trade list if anyone is interested.  I have Lexie up for trade and I just decided to add Bunny to my trade list.  I like the idea of Bunny, I just don't think I'll actually wear it.

I really want to see these nail polishes go to people who will actually use them since I know I won't.

Here are my swatches from the DD Creme... this is the light shade. It blends in, but takes A LOT of blending.

And here are the swatches from the DD Concealer... also in light... and remember, this is NOT a self tanner!

So bad!

I was always under the impression concealer should be lighter than skin tone. It seems odd to me they would only have 3 shades.

oooooh boy, that concealer is reaaaaaaaaaally dark (& orange!!) I'm glad I didn't get it! (I'm way pasty!!)

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got my Julep box today... the DD cream in light works for my skin tone but the concealer is awful and I had to cut the tube open just to get to it!

Edit - Please no blog promoting, thank you! - Cookie
My concealer also didn't have much in it. I emailed Julep, like some on here had suggested and they emailed back that they were sending me a replacement tube. I haven't received it yet, but I hope it is in light. That is the color I got and it works for me, even though my skin is more medium. I have the DD cream in med. and I like it. Like someone said I like my concealer a little lighter than my foundation to cover my dark circles under my eyes. I would definitely email them.

Back