Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got another email from julep, after I emailed them with my frustration about my cancelled box, that they actually already sent me the modern beauty box in medium instead of light and to "contact them if it was too dark to work something out." really? Obviously it's going to be too dark if I chose light! So now not only did they cancel my original order, they're instead sending me something in totally the wrong color! I'm so frustrated!
That's awful! Why on earth they would just send you something you didn't order without your prior ok is beyond me. You might want to keep at them for a refund. There are a lot of better ways of handling the issue than just sending the wrong shade =

Has anyone tried to use Bunny yet? I just tried to use it on my nails and the formula was atrocious. Super thick and left tons of air bubbles. I think I would have had more success painting my nails with tacky glue. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Juleps formula is definitely all over the board. I do love the brand & think the monthly boxes are a great deal but I wouldn't spend $14 on a polish. I may splurge once in a while for a Deborah lipmann, butter London, or RCG but I wouldn't consider julep in this rank. Julep is a great brand with great CS- they just need to work on the consistency of their formula & Itheir brushes.

I was thinking about ordering Denver & Nan- any comments their consistency? Julep has Denver 50% off and I can apply my beauty profile code & buy it for under $4- gotta luv free shipping for mavens

Has anyone tried to use Bunny yet? I just tried to use it on my nails and the formula was atrocious. Super thick and left tons of air bubbles. I think I would have had more success painting my nails with tacky glue. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
I actually like the formula of my Bunny...I found it best to wipe off slowly the excess and brush on one wide application in the middle and small ones on the side. If you work slow it won't bubble!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually like the formula of my Bunny...I found it best to wipe of slowly the excess and brush on one wide application in the middle and small ones on the side. If you work slow it won't bubble!
Great advice! I was gonna to Sally's and get a polish thinner. I live in a semi humid weather and it takes forever to try. It took me an hour to get two coats to dry in between dipping in ice cold water and mini fan blowing it to dry faster. I even used an Argan oil drops (it does help). After nearly 24 hrs later, I got bedsheets imprints on it. I mean, that's so weird I did my nails at 9 AM and went to bed at 10 PM and got bedsheets imprints?

Sephora is having a HUGE sale on polishes 50% As you know they do sell Julep.. 

http://www.sephora.com/sephora-by-opi?om_mmc=oth-fb-20130611-OPISale-su&MobileOptOut=2

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about ordering Denver & Nan- any comments their consistency? Julep has Denver 50% off and I can apply my beauty profile code & buy it for under $4- gotta luv free shipping for mavens
i LOVE denver! it's one of their best formulas, definitely not too thick and most certainly not at all runny. i'm wearing it on my toes right now =)

So, I emailed customer service about my empty concealer & they said they'd give me 1000 jules. Is that sort of close to what other people were offered? I'm fine with it, but I'm just curious if everyone is being offered the same thing. 

Soooo I emailed Julep about receiving a random DD cream... and it ended with the rep saying it was part of the Face First set I ordered (which I did receive, in addition to the random extra DD cream). I'm just going to let it go at this point because I got what I paid for - even though I feel like my DD cream doesn't have a full ounce of product, I got a second one and I feel confident that between the two, there is probably a full ounce of product. Her response just doesn't make sense though, because if the random DD cream I received is part of the set I ordered, why was it just cream? Where's the brush?

Quote:Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I emailed customer service about my empty concealer & they said they'd give me 1000 jules. Is that sort of close to what other people were offered? I'm fine with it, but I'm just curious if everyone is being offered the same thing. 

Yes, according to Facebook and previous posts that is what others are getting as well. Works out to half a box value since it takes 2000 jules for a free box.

Originally Posted by jallu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, according to Facebook and previous posts that is what others are getting as well. Works out to half a box value since it takes 2000 jules for a free box.
Ok, awesome. Thank you! 
smile.gif

I ended up getting a polish thinner at Sally's and placed 4 drops into Bunny. Added 3 more drops (7 drops in total). No more bubbles, dries faster, easy to paint, and quality is better. Two days ago, I was struggling with Bunny and it took an hour for two coats to dry sitting in front of mini fan blowing it to dry faster/dipping iced cold water to keep it dry faster as well (I live in a semi-humid weather). I used the Argan oil drops but still got bedsheets imprints after 14 hrs from mani time in the AM. I'm hoping this trick will cure it all issues I'm having. I also added polish thinner to other colors of Julep polishes. No matter what how many times I tried to swipe excess polish off from the brush to keep it from seeping thru; still is too thick. Will post the picture later. 

I got Nan in a sneak peek box and it was really runny.  Bled all over my finger.  Maybe other girls have had better luck with it?

First coat of bunny after 7 drops of polish thinner and polish dried within 2 mins.

2nd coat of Bunny.

This is Martha bright creme pastel pink

(left hand)

Right hand look at 3rd finger, I used one pink rhinestone. It was leftover from decorating on my sidekick (T mobile phone if anyone remembers that back in 2001. I used superglue 3000 and decorated the entire cellphone with rhinestones so it was leftover. Wish it was a little smaller on scale anyway). 

Now, I will defintely use polish thinner on julep polishes if I ever come across with issues. No bubbles. Am-AH- ZING!

I got Nan in a sneak peek box and it was really runny.  Bled all over my finger.  Maybe other girls have had better luck with it?
Nan worked perfect for me. It was my favorite if the collection!

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First coat of bunny after 7 drops of polish thinner and polish dried within 2 mins.

2nd coat of Bunny.

(left hand)

Right hand look at 3rd finger, I used one pink rhinestone. It was leftover from decorating on my sidekick (T mobile phone if anyone remembers that back in 2001. I used superglue 3000 and decorated the entire cellphone with rhinestones so it was leftover. Wish it was a little smaller on scale anyway). 

Now, I will defintely use polish thinner on julep polishes if I ever come across with issues. No bubbles. Am-AH- ZING!
Very cute!  I need to get some polish thinner.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2nd coat of Bunny.

(left hand)

Your finished design is SO cute!!  Good to know that the polish thinner helps the Julep polishes.  I could never decide if it would, since the biggest problem I have is with them being streaky and thick on my nails, but dripping off the applicator, too.  How they are runny and gloppy at the same time was a mystery to me.

That's what I did. I just jumped in and got Denver for only 3.50 and free shipping !

Denver and Dianna seems really similar,I see it as seafoam green but somebody above posted a blue bag to match her Denver polish. 

Is the Denver more blue or green? I'm kinda confused

First coat of bunny after 7 drops of polish thinner and polish dried within 2 mins. 2nd coat of Bunny. This is Martha bright creme pastel pink (left hand) Right hand look at 3rd finger, I used one pink rhinestone. It was leftover from decorating on my sidekick (T mobile phone if anyone remembers that back in 2001. I used superglue 3000 and decorated the entire cellphone with rhinestones so it was leftover. Wish it was a little smaller on scale anyway).  Now, I will defintely use polish thinner on julep polishes if I ever come across with issues. No bubbles. Am-AH- ZING!
So pretty! I just got a Zoya nail polish thinner so I will try it, thanks for the tip.

Back