Julep June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the thing i don't understand and keep hearing is that people are weighing their half empty bottles and they weigh the correct amount. 'half empty' has NOTHING to do with the the product amount and does not matter, is not a fault of julep's, is not a problem, etc etc etc. if there are true inconsistencies, that's an issue. as for people saying 'empty' and 'full', it still doesn't actually standardize an amount. if i bought an 0.11oz concealer, obviously it's going to look like very little and empty to someone who doesn't understand that  products often come in bigger bottles (i.e. julep's foot scrub was 'half empty' when i got it). it's like other bottles: i thought i was completely out of laura mercier's stuff but there was so much in the bottle that i returned my repurchase after realizing it. 

i feel like people didn't swatch their cremes out to see how truly they will fit pale people and are not orange as well as thinking a half filled bottle means they got half the product. it's driving me nuts.

as for mystery boxes, i'm excited and might jump in for the first time ever!
Sure, but the issue people and Julep now have is that many are commenting they received FULLY filled bottles and others half.. so Julep needs to figure out and come up with a reply as to why. Never mind the fact that there are ladies posting their orders are being cancelled because Julep no longer has the inventory. It's a mess..either way you cut it. There are PR issues for Julep to address this month.

You know what would have been priceless?....FrostKitty, you should have backed up slowly back through your doorway and closed the door in slow motion while not breaking eye contact with her the whole time...like this: :bigeyes2:
Hah! Now the four year old wants to know why I'm laughing. No way to explain this one deary!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sure, but the issue people and Julep now have is that many are commenting they received FULLY filled bottles and others half.. so Julep needs to figure out and come up with a reply as to why. Never mind the fact that there are ladies posting their orders are being cancelled because Julep no longer has the inventory. It's a mess..either way you cut it. There are PR issues for Julep to address this month.
Yes, definitely.  There is a considerable difference in weight between my DD Concealer and my mom's.  We used her Weight Watcher's food scale! :)  I kinda feel bad for Julep... this is a disaster.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
??? The mystery boxes are $25 now though, so you'd only get 2.... Price increase sucks. But I guess that's how they're discouraging people from skipping the monthly boxes
Sorry forgot to add I have a gift card from them too so with the blomspot coupon and the gift card I would only need to pay $10. Im not sure if I should hold out for the warehouse sale.

Sorry forgot to add I have a gift card from them too so with the blomspot coupon and the gift card I would only need to pay $10. Im not sure if I should hold out for the warehouse sale.
OOOH LOL. that makes more sense. Hm well they usually do a final call for mystery boxes. Since apparently they're already being shipped out you could wait to see what they're like. Undoubtedly people will post box spoilers before julep stops selling them. Tho speaking of shipping, my secret store order "shipped" out on Monday, but the tracking hasn't loaded much less moved. It's been 3 days now :/ I emailed them but they're probably backlogged and won't even get to reply until next week argh

Tho speaking of shipping, my secret store order "shipped" out on Monday, but the tracking hasn't loaded much less moved. It's been 3 days now :/ I emailed them but they're probably backlogged and won't even get to reply until next week argh
I had 3 Julep shipments at the end of May (hair pins they missed in my May box, June box and June add-ons) and all 3 are still showing "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on the date they were shipped, with no other updates.... and they've all arrived in my mail box with no issue. It's USPS that's the problem.

My secret store purchase arrived today.  There is just no rhyme or reason with the USPS, it seems.

There is also no rhyme or reason to Julep's emails, as I just got one saying "last chance to shop the Secret Store" (which is closed when I click on it), and I didn't get one about the Mystery Boxes.

OOOH LOL. that makes more sense.

Hm well they usually do a final call for mystery boxes. Since apparently they're already being shipped out you could wait to see what they're like. Undoubtedly people will post box spoilers before julep stops selling them.

Tho speaking of shipping, my secret store order "shipped" out on Monday, but the tracking hasn't loaded much less moved. It's been 3 days now :/ I emailed them but they're probably backlogged and won't even get to reply until next week argh
My tracking for the secret store was the same way.  It finally updated today.

Are they not restocking the DD Creme at ALL or just not restocking the light.  I thought maybe they weren't restocking they light because they were going to make it "lighter"... Just a thought?

With Bunny.. I can see the gold flecks.. but it doesn't look like shimmer or glitter.  It looks more like a very muted popcorn jelly belly jelly bean...

I hate that flavor...

I did Modern Beauty this month and am actually pretty happy with both the DD cream and concealer.  For the record, I am extremely pale but the light shade did work out for me - the concealer is a little too yellow for my cool-toned complexion, but that means its great for my under eye circles!

HOWEVER....  I think my concealer tube is really underfilled.  I understand .11oz is not much at all, but compared with some of my other sample tubes of similar amounts I still think I got stiffed.  I've just used tiny dots (it's pretty heavily pigmented) every day this week under my eyes, and even the first time I used it I had to sqeeeeeeeeze just to get a bit out.  At this rate I won't have any left within two weeks.  I'm going to email Julep, but might wait another day for the hubaloo to die down.  I'm just going to specifically request either a replacement tube or two polishes if the concealer is unavailable.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it seemed like everyone saying that their orders were cancelled due to inventory had a billing issue, so that means an order wasn't placed and then julep had the ability to sell more DD cremes until those were corrected, in which case the orders couldn't be placed.

also, someone posted their predictions about the mystery boxes that one would be brights and one would be neons, but the neon collection was called the brights collection. just confused but they seem like fair predictions. i am going to skip on the mystery box since the sale is happening and the 20th is only two weeks away.

I was hoping people was exaggerating about how little the concealer bottles are filled, but YIKES. It took some pretty creative squeezing to get any out and even then, it was just a tiny bit with air. I'd have to cut the tube to get anything else out of it. 
frown.gif

the thing i don't understand and keep hearing is that people are weighing their half empty bottles and they weigh the correct amount. 'half empty' has NOTHING to do with the the product amount and does not matter, is not a fault of julep's, is not a problem, etc etc etc. if there are true inconsistencies, that's an issue. as for people saying 'empty' and 'full', it still doesn't actually standardize an amount. if i bought an 0.11oz concealer, obviously it's going to look like very little and empty to someone who doesn't understand that  products often come in bigger bottles (i.e. julep's foot scrub was 'half empty' when i got it). it's like other bottles: i thought i was completely out of laura mercier's stuff but there was so much in the bottle that i returned my repurchase after realizing it. 

i feel like people didn't swatch their cremes out to see how truly they will fit pale people and are not orange as well as thinking a half filled bottle means they got half the product. it's driving me nuts.

as for mystery boxes, i'm excited and might jump in for the first time ever!
I understand your point, and to some extent I think you're correct.  There are a lot of people complaining half full that got 1 oz of product.  But as a few others said, the consistency of the products was off.  Mine was half full---half of the labeled 1 oz, I weighed it.  So again lots of people saying half full, mean half full, not just compared to the bottle. And you can't really argue an empty concealer tube-checked with the top cut off..or nearly empty. Most had nothing close to the .11 oz of product, at least for the medium.

I think there were lots of problems with consistency between the shades too.  I haven't heard anything about the medium-dark or dark shades anywhere yet, so just speaking of light and medium, they are really two different products. 

Judging from the majority, the light cream seemed to have the least amount of problems for color/blending.  Most say it was super sheer, almost watery, and a good portion of people say they received the correct amount.

However, the medium was more thick in texture, harder to blend out, waay more orange than it should have been, and from what I've read, had the most cases of "wrong amounts" complaints.  This color option for concealer was also thick and dry/crumbly for many.  Some medium DD creams blended fine, but lots were truly orange. I'm SO yellow toned, I could be big birds cousin. I'm many times asked if I'm sick with jaundice I'm so yellow. My particular tube of bb cream made me into an Ompa Loompa.  There was no yellow in mine really.  The problem is all the tubes aren't consistent.  After reading everything online I've found, it sounds like each color had multiple batches produced, and some were okay, the others major problems.

To me it sounds like a manufacturing problem, not Julep deliberately ripping people off.  But then again, they wont admit fault really either, or pawn it off on another.  Which makes it weird to many people. 

I think quality control missed the mark for these two product launches, and they should have had everything perfected before releasing it with the claims they made.  Live and learn though. 

----

For anybody interested.. I also finally got a response back from customer service.  I sent a long email, with all my thoughts of the company as of late.  Nothing nasty or bitter, but I was brutally honest.  I gave a few suggestions from a customers point of view, and I asked if they'd be kind enough to relay my email to the higher ups, etc.

All I asked for for "compensation" for the bad box I received was my points I spent on it back. 

The response I got was a thank you from the agent, for not taking things out personally on customer service. A thank you for the complete honesty, and as requested my thoughts will gladly be sent to the management/etc.  A thank you for still wanting to be a maven and sticking through this. And that they would be pleased to offer my 2000 points back as an acceptance of apology from Julep, and that they should be in by end of today.

This is all a condensed version of what they said of course, but I'm happy with the response I got.  They noted something on each section of topic I wrote about, didn't give a robotic or uncaring response on anything, and I got the outcome I wanted--- My points back, so I can spend them again, using real money to buy more as well, lol.

While I'd personally like if Julep at least acknowledged the mistakes or pawned them off as not their fault, at least they are trying to make good on repairing the damage. Which is all anybody can really ask for.  Maybe going forward they will spend more time on products before releasing them, or learn they should stick with nail products after all.  Who knows, but they had to of learned something out of all this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Originally Posted by wildsp187 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they not restocking the DD Creme at ALL or just not restocking the light.  I thought maybe they weren't restocking they light because they were going to make it "lighter"... Just a thought?

With Bunny.. I can see the gold flecks.. but it doesn't look like shimmer or glitter.  It looks more like a very muted popcorn jelly belly jelly bean...

I hate that flavor...

Mmm I LOVE this flavor! I like sharing bags of Jelly Belly with people who hate the popcorn flavor, I don't have to worry about them eating my favorite haha.

As for the re-stocking, I've only heard, been told, and read they weren't re-stocking the light color.  Light is the only color they said they ran out of too though, so we probably wont know for a while what the real answer is.  Unless of course Julep decides to announce their decisions, which they aren't known for doing often, lol. 

Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was hoping people was exaggerating about how little the concealer bottles are filled, but YIKES. It took some pretty creative squeezing to get any out and even then, it was just a tiny bit with air. I'd have to cut the tube to get anything else out of it. 
frown.gif
Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HOWEVER....  I think my concealer tube is really underfilled.  I understand .11oz is not much at all, but compared with some of my other sample tubes of similar amounts I still think I got stiffed.  I've just used tiny dots (it's pretty heavily pigmented) every day this week under my eyes, and even the first time I used it I had to sqeeeeeeeeze just to get a bit out.  At this rate I won't have any left within two weeks.  I'm going to email Julep, but might wait another day for the hubaloo to die down.  I'm just going to specifically request either a replacement tube or two polishes if the concealer is unavailable.
My thoughts exactly!  I have had mine for three days and I am going to have to cut open the tube tomorrow.  It's not just mindless complaining...  some of these concealer tubes are glorified foil packet samples.

the concealers were only intended to carry two foil packets amount-wise. i do feel bad if people actually received less than this.

the concealers were only intended to carry two foil packets amount-wise. i do feel bad if people actually received less than this.
two foil packets worth of product and they charge over $30 for it?? i find it really arrogant that julep thinks their untested, unproven products are worth that much. RIP.OFF.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OOOH LOL. that makes more sense.

Hm well they usually do a final call for mystery boxes. Since apparently they're already being shipped out you could wait to see what they're like. Undoubtedly people will post box spoilers before julep stops selling them.

Im going to wait to see spoilers. Hopefully you get tracking soon, Julep is a mess this month.

Just putting it out there it might be worth it to wait for the warehouse sale. According to this old MuT thread (https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/131205/julep-warehouse-sale) most of the polishes seem to be $3-5 and products like $6+? If it's anything close to their on-site sale, it's probably a better deal. We'll all see I guess XD

Also, the mystery box came super early this month, or is it just me? I guess they're trying to distract people from the disastuh that is the DD creme
That is a really good idea. As much as I looove a good mystery, I haven't been able to convince myself to buy one since they raised the price (for some reason in my head $25 is SO much more than $20) haha. I was considering getting one but I think I'll save the $$ and buy stuff I know I'll love from the sale :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back