Julep Mystery Box: Jewel Heist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last several mystery boxes haven't worked with codes at all. Before that, mystery boxes would work with codes for maybe 6 hours until Julep realized their mistake. I won't guess why, but the fact that a code is working with this box is 100% intentional.

I got one too. I couldn't pass it up with the code....

Oh, random glitter removal tip! I don't remember where I got it from, but I use dryer sheets (after they have been used) to get the glitter off. I try to wipe what polish I can off with a regular cotton round, but all the sticky bits get taken care of by the dryer sheet. Dip it in remover of course to wet it. I am a glitter addict and wouldn't manage without this trick. Glitter can be such a $!&@ to remove.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally started wearing one of the birthstones - put it on last night - and it's already chipping. Is that common? I wanted to only do one layer as I think it looks nicer that was. I also put on about 3 layers of topcoat.  2 nails chipped this morning. Hmmmm....
Which one?  I have used garnet, diamond, and emerald and they were fine.  But the ruby one was the chippiest glitter polish I've ever tried.

Edit: Should've read the rest of the thread, I see you already answered that question!

The last several mystery boxes haven't worked with codes at all. Before that, mystery boxes would work with codes for maybe 6 hours until Julep realized their mistake. I won't guess why, but the fact that a code is working with this box is 100% intentional.
Awwwwww dont say that..lol.  Probably true though.  I'm sure they sold a heck of lot more, making all our chances of winning go down. 

I got my tracking info but it says est. delivery for 9/19.  Based on people's box weights in the JS group, it looks like there may be variations.  I really hope we see a spoiler today or tomorrow!

Awwwwww dont say that..lol.  Probably true though.  I'm sure they sold a heck of lot more, making all our chances of winning go down. 

I got my tracking info but it says est. delivery for 9/19.  Based on people's box weights in the JS group, it looks like there may be variations.  I really hope we see a spoiler today or tomorrow!
My tracking says I should get mine on Saturday, but the weight is only 1.2 pounds. I doubt that's one of the "winning" boxes.

My tracking says I should get mine on Saturday, but the weight is only 1.2 pounds. I doubt that's one of the "winning" boxes.
Me too... My box is saying 1.27.., so sad, I was really hoping for a glittery surprise. Oh well, now I'm just hoping for some fun colors & products!!

Me too... My box is saying 1.27.., so sad, I was really hoping for a glittery surprise. Oh well, now I'm just hoping for some fun colors & products!!
I'm pretty sure it said somewhere that prizes were shipping separately, so don't despair!  I have not seen anyone's weight higher than 1.3 something and mine was 1.211.  I'm too lazy to check but from what other people are posting they will draw the winners on 9/14 when it closes for purchase.  I really hope one of us wins!! 

I'm pretty sure it said somewhere that prizes were shipping separately, so don't despair!  I have not seen anyone's weight higher than 1.3 something and mine was 1.211.  I'm too lazy to check but from what other people are posting they will draw the winners on 9/14 when it closes for purchase.  I really hope one of us wins!! 
I hope so too, I always get happy seeing MuT girls win.

Womp womp. I've never ordered from Julep before but I did order this mystery box. Mine has said that electronic notification has been received since the 9th. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want them to actually send my box out! Come on Julep!! 

The fine print:

Offer expires on 9/14/2014 at 11:59pm PT, or while supplies last. Purchase of multiple Jewel Heist Mystery Boxes may result in polish or product overlap. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offer or discount (e.g. Maven 20% discount). No exchanges or returns are possible on Mystery Box, individual items, or add-ons. Estimated full retail value is at least $100.00 for all Jewel Heist Mystery boxes. Taxes vary by location.

The 51 prize winners will be randomly selected from Mystery Box orders placed 9/8/2014 through 9/14/2014. Prizes may ship separately from Mystery Box order. Winners will be notified via email from the address in the account.
DJMgVU2.jpg

I'm sure I didn't get the 12 birthday polishes much less the earrings. I ordered two boxes since I had two $15 credits due to referrals so each box was $9.99. I plan on giving any duplicates to my sisters-in-law and nieces for Christmas and some to my mother-in-law during Hanukkah.

Box 1: 1.2656 lbs

Box 2: 1.2738 lbs

You guys are making me super nervous because my shipping info said my box was 2.00 pounds when I checked on UPS proper. I haven't gotten any email since I ordered on Monday and got my tracking info, but for them to round up would make me think it's heavier than 1.3 pounds. Whatever I end up with, I hope I don't end up with the variation I got spoilers for if they're really doing variations. Not Impressed by what I saw.

I checked my tracking (I got expedited shipping) and Julep/narvar says it will be delivered tomorrow, but UPS isn't providing any status updates on it. I'm gonna be sitting on pins and needles waiting for a package notification tomorrow!

1.2794 lbs for mine.  I can't imagine why the 3rd and 4th decimal places are even necessary.  I can't believe the shipping rate would vary based on thousandths of a pound.

I know with the last mystery box, I got a gel eyeliner (so, tiny pot and low weight) and someone else I saw got a big tube of hand scrub (large weight).  The values could still be pretty similar despite the differences in weight.

You guys are making me super nervous because my shipping info said my box was 2.00 pounds when I checked on UPS proper. I haven't gotten any email since I ordered on Monday and got my tracking info, but for them to round up would make me think it's heavier than 1.3 pounds. Whatever I end up with, I hope I don't end up with the variation I got spoilers for if they're really doing variations. Not Impressed by what I saw.

I checked my tracking (I got expedited shipping) and Julep/narvar says it will be delivered tomorrow, but UPS isn't providing any status updates on it. I'm gonna be sitting on pins and needles waiting for a package notification tomorrow!
You saw a spoiler??! What's in it???

Back