Julep Mystery Box: Jewel Heist

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making me super nervous because my shipping info said my box was 2.00 pounds when I checked on UPS proper. I haven't gotten any email since I ordered on Monday and got my tracking info, but for them to round up would make me think it's heavier than 1.3 pounds. Whatever I end up with, I hope I don't end up with the variation I got spoilers for if they're really doing variations. Not Impressed by what I saw.

I checked my tracking (I got expedited shipping) and Julep/narvar says it will be delivered tomorrow, but UPS isn't providing any status updates on it. I'm gonna be sitting on pins and needles waiting for a package notification tomorrow!

Looking at the spoiler I saw...

Those colors aren't very "jewel"ish to me. I was expecting brighter colors, but if you're thinking fall, then those colors fit right in.

Oh! Found it! I really wanted to try these products so I'm happy with it for $15, even though I would swap all those colors. Plus, I still think there will be variations.

Spoiler!!!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the spoiler I saw...

Those colors aren't very "jewel"ish to me. I was expecting brighter colors, but if you're thinking fall, then those colors fit right in.
Agreed! They're all colors I don't have and that's lucky in itself because I've got 100+ Juleps by now, but I expected a little more from it, I suppose. I'll be staring at my inbox all day waiting for the package notification.

This may have been addressed earlier - didnt go back and read. But my shipment is coming from Seattle. I thought they moved facilities to the midwest (OH or something)?? 

This may have been addressed earlier - didnt go back and read. But my shipment is coming from Seattle. I thought they moved facilities to the midwest (OH or something)?? 
 stuff  from them to me always comes from seattle and always takes almost 3 weeks to get.  That is why I cancelled my sub the shipping crazy slow to NY

I think only the monthly Maven boxes come from Ohio.  Regular orders still seem to be shipping from Washington.  (I have FIVE boxes in DHL limbo right now, two of them from Julep...)

I miss living in WA for one reason - I use to get my boxes within two days now that I'm on the opposite side of the country... over a week.

I miss living in Seattle for a million reasons! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, my mystery box is coming from there, and I'm about 9 hours away. However, dHL makes that process take a week and a half.

I literally have not seen a good mystery box since April 2013.  The last mystery boxes I bought were two Sea Salt Mystery boxes last year.  Those were ok.  Other than that, I am always too afraid of purchasing one, for fear of old, ugly colors that they are trying to get rid of, which seems like they always do with the mystery boxes.  Even if they have a Halloween one this year, they probably will not put Halloween colors or anything Halloween related, so I will probably just have to pass :/   Sorry to witch, but unless I see an AWESOME new color or colors in these boxes, that we will know of beforehand, I will never purchase a mystery box again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they raised the price 25% but didn't improve the boxes.  I still think that was a mistake, especially now with all the competition. 

I literally have not seen a good mystery box since April 2013.  The last mystery boxes I bought were two Sea Salt Mystery boxes last year.  Those were ok.  Other than that, I am always too afraid of purchasing one, for fear of old, ugly colors that they are trying to get rid of, which seems like they always do with the mystery boxes.  Even if they have a Halloween one this year, they probably will not put Halloween colors or anything Halloween related, so I will probably just have to pass :/   Sorry to witch, but unless I see an AWESOME new color or colors in these boxes, that we will know of beforehand, I will never purchase a mystery box again.
That was the last mystery box I got before this one.

Awww I just found this thread and missed out on the code, sadness.  Do we know of any other existing codes out right now? I can't remember the last time I used one...

Ok 2 more spoilers are up with new variations. The second one is the really light weight. Sorry I'm on my phone so can't do a real spoiler.

SPOILER!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I really want the mask one!

Ugh. The light looking box sucks (to me). Have most of it. Would rather get either of the 2 other boxes, even though I don't like them either.

I never cease to be disappointed with the julep mystery boxes. It was the $10 code and chance at the birthstone polishes that suckered me in...so I'll keep crossing my fingers to be a winner for that.

OMG ... I would luv luv the box with the mask!!!   My box left days ago but its taking the DHL trip around the country... not due to arrive in MI until Friday.  I miss the days of julep using usps-- my box would always get to me in 2 days... It was truly amazing!!  Ahhhh those were the days...Lol!!

My box didn't actually ship until Thursday, so I won't get to see my box and its contents until Monday. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not sure which of the variations I'd like most, but I definitely don't want 3. Maybe version 2? Eyeshadow is growing on me, I wouldn't mind an extra bottle of Tatiana, and I've been eyeing the lip gloss for a while.

Back