Julep: Trick or Treat Mystery Box 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only orange I've ever seen from Julep I liked was Tatiana....still dying for that color for fall

That might be the trick, fooling you into thinking those are what's in the box when it's really leftover crackles and oranges and hideous things.
Yeah when I saw the title my first thought was Trick!

That might be the trick, fooling you into thinking those are what's in the box when it's really leftover crackles and oranges and hideous things.
I have to agree. It may or may not be those items in the Mystery Box.

I would expect NONE of those items to be in the box, since it looks like they're promoting them as things you might want to purchase at the same time. The only thing that makes me hesitate in my assumption is that last month one of the add-ons had the eyeshadow palette, and the palette was also in one of the mystery boxes. Generally though, if they're trying to get you to buy things WITH the box, I'd expect them to be things that are not also IN the box.

I do not like negative about any one or anything.  Yet I am still waiting on my orders from the beginning of September and Julep is aware of this issue and has been trying to work with me on it.  It is getting very frustrating as there records say mt products were delivered by my post office and then they arrive 3 weeks later.  I am hesitant to order anything even with using my jewels at this point until the get shipping a delivery a  lot more straightened out on there end.

It has been very discouraging.

Not getting this box. Seems like they will have to win over many of their customers after last month's mystery box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an email that showed what the "spooky suprise" that the 100 people will get. Well I guess I should say a picture of what Julep implied it will be (you can never be sure w/them). It looks like its top coat, base coat, matte coat?, then 2 colors, and plie set.

Last year around this time I forget which boxes but they had these awesome scarfs and rings that went in the boxes.  So even if I had the color already I still had a new scarf and costume piece of jewelry to wear during the Halloween season.  I received so many compliments on the scarf and ring no matter how I wore them.  One time I used it to tie over my ponytail and slid the ring over it and stabilized them with bobby pins.  Another time I linked the white and black scarf together to wear as a belt around my black dress so it was not so boring.

They are great accessories and worked well no matter how I used them.  This year they will be part of the coffee table with a clear table cloth over them so they dont get ruined.

Mystery box spoilers:

Julep%2BTrick%2B%26%2BTreat%2BMystery%2BBox%2BSpoilers.jpg
Elixir Organic Moroccan Argan Oil, Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, Mask Noir, Estelle, Lola, Tatiana, Kendra, and Twistbands

Thanks for posting spoilers! I bought this mystery box since I actually ended up liking the polishes that they sent me from last month's mystery box (I could do without any of the beauty products but still 7 polishes for $40ish was still a decent deal, even if I didn't really like want the other items.) 

Unfortunately, last month I was also sent the Tatiana and Kendra colors. Even though I don't have a Julep subscription I will have duplicates. :/ I'm curious to see what the add-ons consist of because I bought all 3 of those too. 

Do we know if there are variations?
These were posted to evolutionofafoodie.com - any guesses on how many people get Version 2 over Version 1?  The cynic in me says they threw together Version 1 so they could say "See?!?" on Facebook.  And their interpretation of "Halloween colors" and mine vary greatly.....YMMV.

(Edited to put in spoiler tags.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to look at the spoilers until I get mine in the mail lol mine is supposed to come on Friday....ugh three more dayssss.

Back