June 19, 2014: favorite foundations!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love the "Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation" by YSL and I will probably repurchase it for as long as possible. It looks as gorgeous in photos as it does in real 

Favorite high end:

• NAKED Skin from Urban Decay, it evens out the skin tone, and it really looks like you have nothing on your skin,
  • Double Wear Light from Estee Lauder, which is pretty light foundation, but with a great hold, and
  • Teint Idole Ultra 24H, Which gives  a beautyful flawless cover, and holds all day long.
Favorites from the drugstore:

• Rimmel London, Wake Me Up, Which has a medium covergae, but a very nice glow to the skin. 
  • EX1 Liquid foundation, great coverage, it also gives a nice glow, but its great for oily skin. 

I can't find a drugstore foundation to match my ghostly-pale skin, lol.

My HG was Kat Von D's lockit liquid....but my shade has yet to make [even though KVD swears it will...] it return. They discontinued & pulled it w/o even giving me a chance to buy out all of the sephoras around me :angry: :scared:

Everyone who knows me know that my HG foundation is the  Le Teint Touche Éclat foundation by YSL ♥ I actually don't have any others at the moment, although there's a lot I'd like to try out. 

My all time favorite foundation is actually my Eve Pearl HD Dual Foundation! It's everything! I typically like a full coverage foundation and that way I can thin it out if I need to but yeah.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Another vote for the Estee Lauder Double Wear light foundation.  Good coverage without looking covered.  

Drugstore: Flower Cosmetics foundation stick in SF1. It is both very light and yellow based, a great find! Most drugstore foundations put pink base in the lightest shades.

Mid-High end:  Dr Jart's Premium BB Cream, Skin79 The Oriental Gold BB Cream, MAC StudioFix Powder+Foundation NC15, UD Tinted Moisturizer w/SPF 20 in "Halo" disconinued but I bought a ton when they went on clearance.

I have to admit, I fell for the hype. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua is my fave. I am wearing it today, the first time in a while, and I had forgotten just what a beautiful finish it was. :wub:
I've heard a few beauty bloggers/professionals recommend it, I'm curious about it but need to use up what I currently have before trying any new ones!!

I tried YSL BB or CC cream at Sephora, it smells terrible.

My current fave is Koh Gen Do both the Aqua foundation and the Moisture foundation, both are really nice. Aqua for summer and Moisture for winter.. but the ones I have are the old formula, they came out with new formulas recently, I have not tried them.

Rouge Bunny Rouge also has a nice foundation and tinted moisturizer that I like a lot.

BareMinerals foundation in Fairly Light!  I've been wearing it exclusively for the last 8 years.  It is the only thing that I have found that works well with my eczema & rosacea.

Hi everyone!

How do you find the right foundation shade at a drug store?

Can you return the product after you tried it out?

Thanks!!

Danyel Cream to powder Sun Beige Foundation! Great coverage, weightless feel on my skin, stays on all day long-even in the heat and humidity of the deep south!! Love it!

In 2012 and 2013, I spent a pretty penny in search of a HG foundation and the majority were department store brands such as Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, MUFE, Benefit to name a few; well flash forward to early 2014 and two of my all time favorite foundations are BH Cosmetics and Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation. Honestly, I adore them and haven't touched my other foundations in months. Their prices are terrific and the finish is flawless. 

Hi everyone!

How do you find the right foundation shade at a drug store?

Can you return the product after you tried it out?

Thanks!!
Most drugstores these days will let you return opened product, especially if you have the receipt. I know CVS and Walgreens will for sure, Target will, I assume Walmart will since they return anything. I don't know about Rite-Aid since that chain isn't in my area.

Going to edit that Kmart, at least the one near me, is super tight on returns, so I probably wouldn't go to them for a foundation I wasn't sure I would like or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite foundation is EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation. It is perfect for my olive skin tone and has great coverage. I buy it from lookfantastic.com which is a company from the UK. They have free shipping worldwide and the foundation is only $17.85 for 30 mL (equivalent to 1 fl oz). 

My all time favorite foundation is actually my Eve Pearl HD Dual Foundation! It's everything! I typically like a full coverage foundation and that way I can thin it out if I need to but yeah.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They just had eve pearl on hautelook, I was curious about her line, but in the end decided I already had enough foundations..

The light, gel-like texture of this foundation leaves a stunning, flawless finish to the skin. It blends easily and can be built up to a more full coverage if you desire. The foundation uses wild rose extracts to hydrate the skin and look is looking and feeling great. The only bad thing is the shade range. There are 8 shades and seem to be geared toward those with pink undertones which means those of you with yellow undertones probably won’t find a color that will work for you. This will work best for more mature skin or those of you with dry or combination skin.

I find Korean BB creams are better then even the high end foundations in the west.

At the moment I'm using Lioele - Beyond the Solution BB cream which is AMAZING!

If you would like to see some tutorials please check out my new youtube channel: www.youtube.com/cloudwatching1 

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  xx

Back