June 2012 No-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I did it. I cancelled my Birchbox. Right now, all that leaves me with is Glossybox. I think I'll give it June and maybe July, and then I'm going to have to drop that one as well. It's really nice, but $21 is pretty steep and I don't think I can really justify keeping it much longer. 

As far as getting rid of crap goes, it's been really slow this month. I haven't finished a thing, and to be honest, it's pretty discouraging. 

I'm considering cancelling BB too. Not for anything against them, I have too much crap that I don't use.. but the July box intrigues me.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! It's been a good year. When were you bad?
It started friday & went downhill from there. I signed up for stupid beauty fix too. Stupid new products that I can't resist
help.gif

Welp, I did it. I cancelled my Birchbox. Right now, all that leaves me with is Glossybox. I think I'll give it June and maybe July, and then I'm going to have to drop that one as well. It's really nice, but $21 is pretty steep and I don't think I can really justify keeping it much longer. 

As far as getting rid of crap goes, it's been really slow this month. I haven't finished a thing, and to be honest, it's pretty discouraging. 
Good job! I canceled sample society. I'm staying w/ bb for the July box & I will prob cancel.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm considering cancelling BB too. Not for anything against them, I have too much crap that I don't use.. but the July box intrigues me.
I'll admit, I was kind of intrigued too. But then when I was being hesitant about cancelling, I went upstairs and looked through all of my stuff and that made me immediately go cancel after that, haha. There really isn't anything at this point that I just have to have, so I keep telling myself that in order to fend off these waves where I want to buy something.

I was also about the place an order with Lush, and then I just opened up the door to where I store all my bath products and I was just like, yeaaaah...that Lush order can definitely wait. It can wait until about 2015, probably. :/

I HAVE to stay off sneakpeeq. I get this weird competitive thing going, and HAVE to be first on the leader board....which means I make like 3 or 4 purchases if I've already purchased one thing. I did it with the teas and now I'm doing it with the twistband things. ahhhhh.

I'm addicted to sneakpeeq! I order way too many things on there. I think I'm addicted to see how cheap I can get things.

Ahhh, I was bad! Time to start over. I ordered the set of OCC lip tars. I was going to pass on them, but I checked it out and they were all colors that I've been wanting for awhile now. So, I figured why the heck not! I have decided that once they arrive, I'm going to give them to my husband and tell him to hide them from me until I finish some makeup items. How many should I finish before I can have them?

Also, that sneakpeeq thing looks enticing...good luck staying away! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ahhh, I was bad! Time to start over. I ordered the set of OCC lip tars. I was going to pass on them, but I checked it out and they were all colors that I've been wanting for awhile now. So, I figured why the heck not! I have decided that once they arrive, I'm going to give them to my husband and tell him to hide them from me until I finish some makeup items. How many should I finish before I can have them?

Also, that sneakpeeq thing looks enticing...good luck staying away! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Im torn on the lip tars. I'd be interested in what you think of them

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im torn on the lip tars. I'd be interested in what you think of them
I'll let you know! I've heard great things about them, but we'll see. The colors in the set (except for NSFW) are all ones that look like really versatile everyday colors, so I can't wait to test them out!

Okay, I was bad. Again. I got the Benefit lip gloss set from HSN. I had a $10 off code, so it ended up being $16, which isn't bad at all. 

I've also taken myself off the MyGlam waiting list in addition to cancelling Birchbox. As soon as I get a shipping notice from Glossybox, that sub is going too. I've decided I'm all sampled out and a little tired of mystery surprises that are sometimes hits, and quite often mehs or total misses. I would much rather take that money and save it for something that I really do want. 

Okay, I was bad. Again. I got the Benefit lip gloss set from HSN. I had a $10 off code, so it ended up being $16, which isn't bad at all. 

I've also taken myself off the MyGlam waiting list in addition to cancelling Birchbox. As soon as I get a shipping notice from Glossybox, that sub is going too. I've decided I'm all sampled out and a little tired of mystery surprises that are sometimes hits, and quite often mehs or total misses. I would much rather take that money and save it for something that I really do want. 
CONSCIOUS spending is the key! If you really get no joy from sampling, it's time to stop sampling for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me, I still love surprises, but I felt like I was getting hoardy, so I'm down to ONLY Birchbox and Julep (which is skippable). I also have a personal rule that if I DO skip my Julep box, I CAN get a mystery box if they offer one AND if I'm feeling it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I DON'T skip Julep, I don't let myself get a mystery box LOL

Aghh it's bill time of the month and I had been avoiding logging in to my credit card accounts for a reason. I am trying to figure out what subs to cancel but for the life of me, I don't even know what I'm subscribed to anymore. I know I don't want to cancel klutchclub yet, but at 18 dollars, I probably should. I don't want to cancel glossy box or crave box. I can skip julep. My birchbox is annual. Maybe that is all I have right now? lol. So that's not TOO bad. Oh...and beauty army. Which is the credit card I cut up. They are skippable too though. S about 50/month though if I skip the skippables. Something has to give. I'm almost hoping glossybox disappoints me this month. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CONSCIOUS spending is the key! If you really get no joy from sampling, it's time to stop sampling for a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Me, I still love surprises, but I felt like I was getting hoardy, so I'm down to ONLY Birchbox and Julep (which is skippable). I also have a personal rule that if I DO skip my Julep box, I CAN get a mystery box if they offer one AND if I'm feeling it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If I DON'T skip Julep, I don't let myself get a mystery box LOL
I still like the little surprises and getting something in the mail, but I was definitely getting that hoardy feeling too. I've decided I'll resub to birchbox when I can fit all of my samples in a birchbox. I used to be able to do that, but uhh...not so much now.

El hubs and I are subbed to love with food, so I can get my surprise fix that way.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aghh it's bill time of the month and I had been avoiding logging in to my credit card accounts for a reason. I am trying to figure out what subs to cancel but for the life of me, I don't even know what I'm subscribed to anymore. I know I don't want to cancel klutchclub yet, but at 18 dollars, I probably should. I don't want to cancel glossy box or crave box. I can skip julep. My birchbox is annual. Maybe that is all I have right now? lol. So that's not TOO bad. Oh...and beauty army. Which is the credit card I cut up. They are skippable too though. S about 50/month though if I skip the skippables. Something has to give. I'm almost hoping glossybox disappoints me this month. 
I know EXACTLY how you feel about glossybox being disappointing. It's my last beauty sub, and it needs to go! I neeeeeeed to get rid of it. 

I'm back on no-buy. I was successful for a month and a half and then I took a break and boy did I take a break. Now I'm no buy again. I seriously can not buy anything unless I run out and don't have a replacement. If it wasn't for expiration dates that might be the rest of my life.

Ugh, just ordered some stuff from Lush. I couldn't resist! I've never tried it before, and I've heard great stuff about it. But anyway...

I think a low-buy/conscious spending might be better for me. I think I need to start keeping detail notes on every single beauty purchase that I make, and when I'm tempted to make another purchase, I can open something up that has what I bought, when I bought it, and how much it all cost. Blaaaaaagh. 

Hmmm, June is turning into a challenging month for no-buy/low-buy.

Since I last posted I've signed up for glossybox and bought 7 mini nail polishes.  Also an order I'd placed months ago finally arrived.  I know the months-ago order doesn't really count, but it makes me feel like I've just gone out and gone crazy with all the stuff that has arrived in the past week.

On the plus side, I've been using up a bunch of things!

I really need to try and go on a No Buy lifestyle but its things like this that really dont help at all :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Just got this in the mail and two days ago I was at Ulta and bought about 70.00 worth of stuff. I just need to gain the strength. I know it will come from somewhere. Hopefully.
icon_neutral.gif

the only thing ive bought this month has been one of those new revlon lip stain! and thats cause i had a coupon so its an excuse :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

besides that, NOTHING! today i was so close to buying a maybelline baby lips but i figured, i have a pretty big bag FILLED with lip

gloss, lipstick, lip balm, that im pretty sure i dont NEED it :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Back